Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Julian Williams Drops, Shocks Jarrett Hurd For Unified Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navarrete is a beast

Comment

• Aww man dogboe got stopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        me either
        Dude even in his wins Hurd takes a lot of damage. His defense is garbage. Are you really that shocked?

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
          That wasn't a mandatory for either of the belts. He was ranked number 1 im both IBF and WBC but not mandated by any to fight.
          Ah, got it. Knew he was #1 in both organizations but didn't know it wasn't a mandatory fight.

Well, smart on Hurd's people then to get the fight before the mandatory got called so he got the rematch clause lol.

Run it back in September.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... he rather is 168 or 175...
            Yeah he looked like a damn Light Heavyweight tonight for sure

Comment

• This was a case of a guy who followed his game plan and a guy who had no game plan.

Comment

• I scored 2 rounds for Hurd. He got straight up bullied. Helluva performance by Williams

Comment

• I went all in on Hurd the last few days but the fight went as I thought it would originally. Hurd finally ran into someone he couldn't mount a comeback on.

The key to the win was the body shots from Williams early on. He zapped Hurd's energy from about the third. Hurd's punches wasn't thudding as usual. In fact he was slapping a lot. Williams was also in excellent shape.

Hurd can come back but unless he makes changes it will be the same.

I'm still big fan of Hurd.

Comment

• Re

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    I couldn't believe how many people thought this was going to be a mismatch and JRock was such a big underdog. FOH, this was a great fight on paper the day it was signed and it delivered. One loss in a competitive fight against Charlo who is another good fighter means very little.
                    I admit that I was one of them . Hey, after the KO loss to Charlo, J-Rock wasnt exactly beating P4P candidates. This was like his first step up fight since Charlo.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      I couldn't believe how many people thought this was going to be a mismatch and JRock was such a big underdog. FOH, this was a great fight on paper the day it was signed and it delivered. One loss in a competitive fight against Charlo who is another good fighter means very little.
                      I think it was very reasonable to have questions about Williams after he was sparked out by Charlo like that. I like Lubin (not necessarily skillwise) better than JRock but I have the same questions about him.

If they come out and prove they can take the heat like JRock tonight, more power to them .

Comment

Working...
                      X