No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez is an Excellent Fighter... But Not The Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
    after his recent poor showing vs danny jacobs alvarez does not deserve to be in anybodys top 10 nothing more than a fraud and a product of media and promoter hype imagine if this wannabee had to face hagler hearns or even a prime hopkins at 160

fcuk me

the Jacobs fight proved exactly why Canelo is a top P4P fighter

what fight were you watching ?

Comment

"(Canelo)...has had his hand raised in victory more times than not." The guy's got a record of 52-1-2, so this might be the understatement of the year.

Comment

Canelo's record versus crawford's

This author discredits just about everything canelo has dine and then postulates that crawford (who has defeated no one of note to speak of) is better.
        Lmao!!
        I understand when a person wants to scrutinize a fighter's record. It's a good thing to do. But, you can't scrutinize one fighter's record and then compare him to another fighter that has an even less impressive record and brazenly give the latter fighter a pass and see nothing wrong with that.
        The author shows a laughable and egregious bias.

Comment

Originally posted by cargilb View Post
          This author discredits just about everything canelo has dine and then postulates that crawford (who has defeated no one of note to speak of) is better.
          Lmao!!
          I understand when a person wants to scrutinize a fighter's record. It's a good thing to do. But, you can't scrutinize one fighter's record and then compare him to another fighter that has an even less impressive record and brazenly give the latter fighter a pass and see nothing wrong with that.
          The author shows a laughable and egregious bias.

are you a Golovkin fan..... ?

who did Golovkin beat to make the P4P list ?

name one elite fighter Golovkin beat before he was ranked P4P ?

since being ranked P4P..... name one uncontroversial win over an elite middleweight?

Golovkin is ranked P4P because of style/skills/form, not because of his shltty resume

Comment

Most people compile a P4P list either based on strongest resume. Or, who they them would win head-to-head fights in a weight indifferent world, AKA the eye test. The best lists seem to have a little of both. I’m not a big P4P guy. So it’s probably been close to a decade since I actually sat down and tried make a list of my own. And I’ve certainly never done it with the current crop of fighters. But since I’m not a big hypothetical fight guy. So when I’m comparing fighters in a P4P sense, resume usually trumps eye test.

So when it comes to the current P4P debate, I almost consider Crawford, Lomachencko, and Canelo 1a, 1b, and 1c. Now, when it comes to skill level and the “eye test”, Canelo isn’t on the same level as Bud or Loma. But his resume is so much better than than either of there’s, it’s kinda tough to dispute a person that has him rated above them. Or at least disputed it in a rational, non-fanboy type way.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
              I haven't seen anything out of Loma that indicates he has better skills
              So you don't have an eye for this kind of thing. That's ok.

Keep watching boxing, and keep learning. Hopefully your eye will develop with time and effort.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                Most people compile a P4P list either based on strongest resume. Or, who they them would win head-to-head fights in a weight indifferent world, AKA the eye test. The best lists seem to have a little of both. I’m not a big P4P guy. So it’s probably been close to a decade since I actually sat down and tried make a list of my own. And I’ve certainly never done it with the current crop of fighters. But since I’m not a big hypothetical fight guy. So when I’m comparing fighters in a P4P sense, resume usually trumps eye test.

So when it comes to the current P4P debate, I almost consider Crawford, Lomachencko, and Canelo 1a, 1b, and 1c. Now, when it comes to skill level and the “eye test”, Canelo isn’t on the same level as Bud or Loma. But his resume is so much better than than either of there’s, it’s kinda tough to dispute a person that has him rated above them. Or at least disputed it in a rational, non-fanboy type way.

Canelo has better skills than Crawford, only with Loma is a close race

The same Loma said that Canelo is the better body puncher in the world

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                  So you don't have an eye for this kind of thing. That's ok.

Keep watching boxing, and keep learning. Hopefully your eye will develop with time and effort.
                  An Australian talking about boxing lol

Salido whooped the ass of Loma

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
                    The most important factor in considering who is the best fighter is their resume. Everything else comes secondary. So looking at Canelo's resume is hard to argue that he is not the best active fighter today (although I consider him in top 3). Despite their strong athletic abilities, punching power, footwork, etc. Spence, Crawford, and others cannot be considered the best because they have weak resumes. Estrada, Loma, and Alvarez have the best resumes in boxing thus they are the best active fighters alive today.
                    Pacquiao has the best resume.

Comment

It’s time we all give Canelo the credit he deserves. Yes some of his fights were close , yes trip GGG was on the decline including their first fight , yes Cotto was smaller, but you know what he still won. And while it can be argued he did just enough to win his opponents didn’t do any better. Besides Canelo has improved greatly especially on defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X