Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone that has DAZN actually watch Hearn’s domestic U.K. cards?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone that has DAZN actually watch Hearn’s domestic U.K. cards?

I sure as hell don’t. I don’t even consider Hearn’s U.K. cards as part of DAZN’s schedule.

Leigh Wood vs. Ryan Doyle on May 10th. What the f**k is that s**t?

DAZN needs to give some more dates to Golden Boy or other promoters.

I wanna see fighters like Vergil Ortiz, Juan Francisco Estrada, Oleksandr Usyk and Naoya Inoue on DAZN as often as possible, not Hearn’s domestic s**t. Hell, I’d rather watch Ryan Garcia’s lame ass than Hearn’s domestic bum fights. More Joet Gonzalez, Jaime Munguia, Antonio Orozco and Jason Quigley would be welcome too.

Some of them are good. I was illegal streaming them pre-DAZN cuz I think some of them are legit quality competitive shows. That said some are kinda bs & there are some UK guys I've not become fans of at all or just have lil to no interest in & this card you mention could be one of them lol.

But yea sometimes I do watch the Matchroom UK cards from bottom to top cuz there are some solid prospects with Matchroom or they just matchup guys well competitively or in fun fights. Kinda like Floyd does on a lower level in the US. People love to sh^t on Eddie & Floyd sometimes for their roster or how their guys suck, but the thing Eddie & Floyd do is trial by fire their signed guys & thats why they got so few guys with 0's on their roster compared to most other promoters. Half these f#cking big name promoters will drop a mfer if he loses a fight or two. Eddie & Floyd don't do that as often.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Some of them are good. I was illegal streaming them pre-DAZN cuz I think some of them are legit quality competitive shows. That said some are kinda bs & there are some UK guys I've not become fans of at all or just have lil to no interest in & this card you mention could be one of them lol.

But yea sometimes I do watch the Matchroom UK cards from bottom to top cuz there are some solid prospects with Matchroom or they just matchup guys well competitively or in fun fights. Kinda like Floyd does on a lower level in the US. People love to sh^t on Eddie & Floyd sometimes for their roster or how their guys suck, but the thing Eddie & Floyd do is trial by fire their signed guys & thats why they got so few guys with 0's on their roster compared to most other promoters. Half these f#cking big name promoters will drop a mfer if he loses a fight or two. Eddie & Floyd don't do that as often.
      Eddie used to have a lot good cards. I think part of the problem is now he’s got guys like Callum Smith and Luke campbell fighting random fights in the US when they would have been headlining in the UK in competitive fights instead of nondescript 8 or 10 round fights here.

Comment

estrada vs rungvisai 2 was good I will watch Usyk v Takam but it's meh

He thought he could do what he does in the UK and put on cheesman caliber cards but he is starting to learn now

Comment

I am a boxing fan, so yes I watch those shows .

Comment

I think Hearn has a lot to learn in regards to American boxing fans/scene. UK fans would watch anything from another part of the world, this is why their knowledge of boxing is broad. For example when PBC fights were broadcast on Frank Warren’s Boxnation we were about to watch America/Latino boxers who weren’t necessarily big names, and the view were still good compared to the bigger names. I don’t think American fight fans have that sort of view. That’s why their knowledge is quite limited in general.

Comment

Depends who’s fighting. But not lately

Comment

The cards are good sometimes.

But this year they have been quite bad for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  I think Hearn has a lot to learn in regards to American boxing fans/scene. UK fans would watch anything from another part of the world, this is why their knowledge of boxing is broad. For example when PBC fights were broadcast on Frank Warren’s Boxnation we were about to watch America/Latino boxers who weren’t necessarily big names, and the view were still good compared to the bigger names. I don’t think American fight fans have that sort of view. That’s why their knowledge is quite limited in general.
                  In comparison the quality of the pbc card you watched was higher than the domestic level fight you normally watch

Ukrainian fighting a Colombian in MSG can sell out and get millions of views because it's high quality fight

Comment

It's not too different than boxing in the 90s. You're not gonna get a big fight every weekend, a lot of the shows will be smaller and local. If you like the sport, you'll watch them. IMO, more than half the time the smaller fights/cards are much more exciting than the big fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X