No announcement yet.

Anyone watched Canelo vs Lara lately?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    I saw it several times and I don't agree with you at all. Lara didn't school anything unless he schooled him on how to run away from a fight. They landed about the same amount of punches but Canelo's punches were harder punches thrown going forward while Lara's punches were lighter punches often while going backward. Canelo damn near chased Lara out of the ring. I had Canelo a clear winning in a close fight.

Thats exactly how I seen this fight

Comment

Also, pretty hard to say Lara was running from Canelo........seeing as he outlanded Canelo by 10 punches.

He should have stayed in the pocket more. That I agree with.

Comment

Originally posted by NoConcoms View Post
        Also, pretty hard to say Lara was running from Canelo........seeing as he outlanded Canelo by 10 punches.

He should have stayed in the pocket more. That I agree with.
        They both ended up with almost the exact same amount of total punches landed the difference is Canelo was almost all power shots doubled him up in power shots where Lara landed pop shot jabs. Running landed single digit pop shot jabs a round while doubled up in power shots don't get you wins in pro fights.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          . Running landed single digit pop shot jabs a round while doubled up in power shots don't get you wins in pro fights.
          Really? Because most of those shots were body shots, that didn't seem to slow Lara down for one second.

So we'll give Lara the edge in ring generalship, and depending how you score body shots vs. Jabs, is how you would score the clean, effective, punching.

Myself; having actually fought before, I'd much rather absorb a body shot that doesn't slow me down, versus a jab.

Canelo should have cut the ring off better. They knew what they were up against, against Lara.

He got outboxed. Face it; Fanboys.

A draw or 7-5 Lara was fair.

No WAY did Canelo do enough damage with those bodyshots to deserve a 7-5 decision.

It's a very similar fight to SRL/Hagler.

Comment

Really? Because most of those shots were body shots, that didn't seem to slow Lara down for one second.

So we'll give Lara the edge in ring generalship, and depending how you score body shots vs. Jabs, is how you would score the clean, effective, punching.

Myself; having actually fought before, I'd much rather absorb a body shot that doesn't slow me down, versus a jab.

Canelo should have cut the ring off better. They knew what they were up against, against Lara.

No WAY did Canelo do enough damage with those bodyshots to deserve a 7-5 decision.

And insanely low volume of pot shot jabs slowed down Canelo? Neither guy was seriously hurt because it was barely a fight because Lara made it that way. But body shots hurt more then jabs especially jabs off the back foot as you Sprinting backwards and not planted.

And you lose ring generalship when you embarrassing yourself not running but sprinting away from a fight. Unnecessary movement that wasn't to set something up, wasn't to counter kept canelo out of range to land and kept you out of range to land yourself. So you ended up with little no exchanges crazy low volume punches for both fighters. But one guy running landing single pot shots per round other guy chasing you landing single power shots per round. When you fight like this you have no one to blame but yourself because you can't win many pro fights doing what Lara was doing.

Oh hell no you just crossed into casual boxing fan level now Lara landing just 100 total punches and being doubled up in power shots is like Ray/Hagler?

The final CompuBox stats showed Leonard landing 306 of 629 total punches (49%-52 per round) to 291 of 792 (37%-66 per round) for Hagler . Leonard landed 258 of 490 power punches (53%) to 213 of 581 (37%) for Hagler.

Yup 3 times the amount of punches landed and 5X the amount of power punches compared to Lara non existent offense. Going at times a full minute running without landing a single punch? And Ray OUTLANDED Hagler in power shots not got doubled up.

I will say it again so you idiots understand just because other great fighters fight off the back foot effectively using movement to counter is not the same as what Lara did. He ain't Floyd and damn sure not sugar Ray Leonard lol he went to the Cuban school of running. Big difference in how he fought and how Leonard fought with more activity and making you pay after making you miss.
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-07-2019, 01:02 AM.

Comment

What you described is not getting outboxed

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
                What you described is not getting outboxed
                NOBODY on the planet who has seen Canelo/Lara walked away saying this is just like sugar Ray Leonard/ Hagler LMAO

Damn fools hate canelo so much they go full re tard up in here trying so hard to throw dirt on his resume and wins now Lara running all night doing nothing offensively is just like Leonard and then another idiot said it's just like Floyd. The Cuban gutless wonder doesnt fight like either guy lol

You don't know boxing saying dumb shyt like this and disrespecting both guys comparing what Lara did that night to them. SMH

Comment

I had Lara winning that fight too but he stunk up the place. Still he won in my book.

Comment

Look; I don't have time to argue over this all day and night. If you believe that Canelo won that fight, fine! I'm not going to disavow you of your opinion. I just happen to disagee.

And once again, I will say; 7-5 Lara or 6-6 were fair scores.

You'd be VERY hard pressed to show me where Canelo DEFINITIVELY won seven rds here.

And PLEASE; Don't speak for me. I am the furthest thing from a Canelo hater. I'll give him his props when he deserves them. Like GGG 2.

This was not one of those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                      I had Lara winning that fight too but he stunk up the place. Still he won in my book.
                      Thank you! Now here comes the hate from the Canelo stans. SMH.

Comment

Working...
                      X