USA TODAY with huge story on DAZN's complaints

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA TODAY with huge story on DAZN's complaints

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/05/can...inline-related

Not good at all. It's 2019 and consumer confidence is everything. Online reviews is how we make trusted buys nowadays.

This is the end of DAZN in USA. 2nd time they have had issues with Canelo fight.

WTF... they didn't cover the actual fight but they covered the DAZN complaints? lol.
    Hardly the "end of DAZN" but they really do need to get their shyt together. Their corny production made the biggest star in boxing seem really small-time.

Comment

IDK man. Check all the review sites. They about to get popped with a class action lawsuit.

Comment

You're totally right. End of DAZN. Refund all the subscriptions, cancel Canelo's and Joshua's contracts, boxing is doomed... all because a few idiots couldn't figure out how to work a stream.

Comment

Everyone has netflix or On Demand. You hit play and it plays.

Stop making excuses.

Comment

A bunch of dumba*s UFC fighters talking **** about DAZN. As if they know **** about boxing, especially that pseudo intellectual Luke Thomas. Complaints like saying "why are they giving Canelo too much credit because some dumba*s thought Jacob's won the 2nd half of the fight" is not a valid complaint. It is just a fan angry that his fighter is losing.

Comment

It always happens. When the Premier League rights went to an internet provider in Australia, Twitter went into meltdown.

The vast majority of cases would be ****ty PCs, rubbish internet etc. It looks like there were some payment issues too. Just like there always are on PPVs. I read complaints every time.

It's never going to be as reliable as a broadcast being sent through an identical box in every home. But my Premier League experience is that, ultimately, you get a much better service.

Comment

Saw the fight in Spanish on DAZN, there were zero issues.

Comment

The only complaint that sounds technical is the payment issue which happens every PPV when idiots wait until moments before the main event to decide to buy the PPV or in this case subscribe. So some had to enter multiple times to pay and wait because too many last minute folks buying at the same time. Same shyt happens with cable and satellite. Which is why promoters for big fights would tell fans buy it early because there could be delays and issues if you wait till last minute.

It's like complaining when you show up to a basketball game 5 minutes before tip off and complain the parking lot is full, long lines, and that it takes too long to get into your seat. Well show up early or don't complain. I learned this back in the day buy your PPV early not mins before the main event and this is back when I had Comcast.

All the other complaints in that article are nonsense that you hear every PPV fight gripes about announcers, etc

Comment

It was some technical issues, got the buffering Circle a few times as well just like this guy...

Also the Quality was going down a few times also from 480p then back up to HD. Yeah don't reply with the "It Was My Connection/It Was My Device" BS either because I'm Extremely Tech Savvy so NO it wasn't my connection or my device or any of that BS...well clearly it wasn't because others had the same issue.

However, once the fight started everything went smoothly but yeah completely F#CKED UP Jacobs Entrance.

As for Presentation...AWFUL! The Personalities on DAZN well lets just say they all LACK Personality. Call Teddy Atlas or Roy Jones Jr ASAP! Atlas I think is still under contract with ESPN sadly while I think Roy Jones Jr is still under contract with HBO and he said it is going to be awhile if I remember correctly. Also working with UFC Fight Pass so he probably can't go over to DAZN now anyway.

I have to agree with DC on this one...can any of these platforms just call the fight down the middle? I feel Showtime is the only one that at least tries not to be, so much so that Al Bernstein and Paulie gets bashed by the fighters who fight on their network for NOT being Bias toward them
                    Last edited by sicko; 05-06-2019, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X