Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Who beat Jacobs better, Canelo or GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had GGG-Jacobs close to a draw. Canelo last night outclassed Jacobs on every level. Canelo was too scared to move above 154 only 3 years ago, because he was too small. Last night he bullied a MASSIVE Middleweight around the ring and had him on the backfoot for most of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Jacobs won on your scorecard but the vast majority of viewers thought GGG won including all three New York judges. Jacobs lives in New York. Most of the ones who say GGG lost are guys that hate him and will say he lost any fight he didn't win by KO. He won by 115 to 112 on two cards and 114 to 113 on the other. That is a fairly close but clear ud. The compubox numbers may not be perfect but they are not bias. Those guys just count punches thrown and landed and don't care how the numbers end up so I do pay some attention to them.
      BiasED .

Comment

According to British and Mexican tv Golovkin DID NOT beat Jacobs.

So there's your answer.

Comment

I went for Canelo... GGG was in a close fight, whereas Jacobs was inactive for long stretches against Canelo. I'm surprised anyone's saying last night's fight was a "robbery", or what have you.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            According to British and Mexican tv Golovkin DID NOT beat Jacobs.

So there's your answer.
            You implying bias, lad?

Us Green Teefs ain't got no dog in this race. (Probably prefer GGG though)

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Jacobs won on your scorecard but the vast majority of viewers thought GGG won including all three New York judges. Jacobs lives in New York. Most of the ones who say GGG lost are guys that hate him and will say he lost any fight he didn't win by KO. He won by 115 to 112 on two cards and 114 to 113 on the other. That is a fairly close but clear ud. The compubox numbers may not be perfect but they are not bias. Those guys just count punches thrown and landed and don't care how the numbers end up so I do pay some attention to them.
              Wrong. Compubox numbers dont mean jack sht. that stuff was invented to keep the fans interest watching at home. the numbers are always wrong. 100% of the time

Comment

Originally posted by blue_dolphin View Post
                none of them beat him in my book.

lil g been ducking the rematch ever since.

canelo should tell ggg to beat jacobs if he wants a third payday
                Are you a close personal friend of Jacobs? GGG beat him clearly and Canelo beat him with ease. Jacobs might have won 3 rounds when Canelo gassed out but the fight wasn't even close at all. Canelo out scored him I think 185 punches to 130 and those numbers are pretty accurate from what I saw. In most rounds Canelo was the attacker and completely outboxed Jacobs as well. Jacobs doesn't deserve a rematch with either man that clearly beat him in spite of his 10 pound weight advantage. He obviously can't make the 170 pound morning weight limit weighing 173.6 and paying a million dollars. He needs to try his luck at 168 where he belongs. If he can make 160 he can stay there but he seems to have problems making that weight and fighting at his best.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                  You implying bias, lad?

Us Green Teefs ain't got no dog in this race. (Probably prefer GGG though)
                  Not implying bias (this time.)

The only point I was trying to make is that broadcast analysts from two major boxing countries felt Jacobs beat Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by blue_dolphin View Post
                    Wrong. Compubox numbers dont mean jack sht. that stuff was invented to keep the fans interest watching at home. the numbers are always wrong. 100% of the time
                    OK then my own eyes told me GGG landed more punches than Jacobs and Canelo landed a boatload more punches than Jacobs. Usually the compubox totals seem to agree with the fight I saw so I disagree with you that they are always wrong.

Comment

Let’s get in more votes.

Comment

Working...
                      X