Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN production value

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The storytelling was bad and the lights being up at the T-Mobile killed the atmosphere. But the pacing of the card was nice.

Comment

Watching sky sports I haven’t noticed any difference but have noticed a few people talk about it on here about DAZN.

Comment

They still have a lot to learn and millions of dollars to spend.
        If the money is there, they should just hire the HBO production team.

Come up with their own music theme, media animations, opening credits, voice as lively as Jim Lampley's, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
          Last night I was sitting back watching the card which make no mistake was a PPV level fight. I didn’t have to spend 80$ nor did I have to find sone **** link to watch it. That in itself makes DAZN awesome. Assuming they keep signing fighters and don’t just start splitting them up and having them all face easily winnable fights to extend the content I love what’s happening.

Beyond that tho and maybe it’s just me but it just feels like the production value and immersion of the event is lacking. Maybe it’s cause I’ve been spoiled with HBO doing fights and same with Showtime both of which have fantastic production. I’m not even sure what it is the announcers, camera angles, the graphics the yellow colors (which I hate) you name it the point is I just never feel immersed or like I’m watching a high budget content like I do with HBO and Showtime and to a lesser extent ESPN.

Just out of curiosity what do you guys think am I being unfair, unrealistic, is it because they are still learning and looking for their niche? I’m rooting for DAZN I just hope they can find their stride and make their events as immersive as other networks.
          It was kind of strange having no replays between rounds.

I guess it would have messed up the commentary though.

I usually am not that put off by guys being in the tank for the house fighter a bit. But I seriously think they called maybe 3 jacobs punches.

Jacobs hits canelo like 8 times, canelo slaps to the body. HARD BODY SHOT FROM CANELO.

The kicker was when they straight up said. Well do you count the 20 punches from Jacobs, or the 1 hard effective shot from Canelo.

Then the next round. Well you cant really give Jacobs the round off of a couple Hard shots.

I was laughing at the commentary. It really ruined my ability to watch the fight and enjoy it.

You really would have thought Canelo was pitching an easy shutout, was the ATG, and could have won the fight with both hands tied behind his back.

Thats how biased it was.
          Last edited by !! Shawn; 05-05-2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

It kept switch to standard definition for me.

The commentators suck

Didn’t scan the audience for celebs much.

Screwed ho Danny’s walk-in.

Post fight commentators were disturbed by everyone just walking through them. Even they said they needed better security.

Started talking the ring apart while show was still going right behind the commentators.

Fuk that min it broke. I’d pay 80 bucks to have hbo or showtime do this. I was disappointed

I already miss hbo and showtime very much.

I’ll Chalk it up to inexperience. I hope they leArn fast. Cause they super sucked.

Oh yea. The commentator with Burgundy suite was wearing sneakers. Lol.
            Terrible broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              The kicker was when they straight up said. Well do you count the 20 punches from Jacobs, or the 1 hard effective shot from Canelo.
              LMFAO.

I forgot about that one, yea that made me laugh a lil it was so wtf-ish to me. That was Sergio wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                LMFAO.

I forgot about that one, yea that made me laugh a lil it was so wtf-ish to me. That was Sergio wasn't it?
                No I think it was Mannix

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  Dan Rafael has said before that a lot of the HBO behind the scenes guys have migrated to DAZN. Its pretty much the same thing, where else were the HBO guys going to go?
                  It don't seem like it so far. But a lot of the feel of the night is the commentary team & the commentary team is trash.

Like I said before I won't be surprised at all if Lampley finds his way over there as soon as he's available to (I assume HBO has some sorta hold on him, but idk that for a fact).

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  But the pacing of the card was nice.
                  Agree. One of my major issues with DAZN is the slowness with which they run through their cards, but they kept this one moving.

Although that mighta been a GBP thing cuz it does seem to me that Eddie has a slower pace with his shows. For sure with the un-competitiveness of the overall show they kept it moving well. Usually when fights end early they are bsing around more & they didn't really go foul with that last night.

But yea lets keep it f#cking moving like that all the time man. I don't get the pause between fights. Figure this sh^t out better. We don't wanna see talking heads for 30 minutes periodically through the night. We wanna see fights & we don't even care THAT much who those mfers fighting are as long as they are fun fights.

Go watch a random UFC show for the ideal pace of a fight card. If there is ~5 minutes between a fighter leaving the ring & the next fighters walking out its a rare thing unless its the main event or a title fight. Why can't boxing do that?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                    No I think it was Mannix
                    LOL holy f#ck. They shoulda fired him during the mfing show for that dumb sh^t.

Just have John Skipper come on screen with two security guards beside him. Tap Mannix on the shoulder. See Skipper's lips move. See Mannix look like he's about to cry before walking off the screen with the security guards on each side of him.

Comment

I'm not crazy about Mora on the mic, but I'm glad they bounced Ray Leanord to the back. Otherwise, I thought last night's event was a better showing by DAZN so I'll assume they'll continue to improve here forward. I certainly didn't notice anything to take my attention away from the last 2 fights maybe I walked away during those key moments.

I liked how they had a live post-fight show start immediately as the fight ended on youtube, capturing fighter interviews in ring and backstage.

Comment

Working...
                      X