Comments Thread For: The Canelo-Jacobs Numbers Need To Add Up For NSAC & DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    I see...

... Sherdog is but a Webpage... while DAZN is a "streaming platform" -- which is a different thing anyhow...
    As I said, Sherdog has its hybrid like Boxingscene. It a combat forum board like Boxingscene. Wasn’t comparing a “webpage” to a VOD

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
      As I said, Sherdog has its hybrid like Boxingscene. It a combat forum board like Boxingscene. Wasn’t comparing a “webpage” to a VOD
      OK... whatever...

Comment

Jacobs is getting a nice payday and if he gets robbed,he'll probably get a rematch.So it's a win-win for him if he loses in a controversial manner.No reason for him to shake things up unless he KO's Canelo.

Comment

$45-48M in purses for Canelo-Jacobs. Damn. In MMA, that would be $450-480K. Boxers at the top are living good.

Comment

Is it really a conspiracy theory when fans feel cheated that he gets gift scorecards?

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamking View Post
              Is it really a conspiracy theory when fans feel cheated that he gets gift scorecards?
              Nobody breaks down the rounds or say how the other fighter won the round. Nobody does that because they’re content with general fads for what others say.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                I'm not sure if there is a bigger resistance against new services in the US. The guy was even asking you on how to watch that fight.

It's a clear logical process, 20$ for something that would usually cost 70-80$ + additional content for the next three weeks.

=> Getting more for paying less

And even if he is unsatisfied with the service, the worse that could happen is spending 20$.

But I'm assuming that u are not a dazn hater and objectively told him about dazn.

And all this talk about it being on an app. Its 2019 lol. How can this in any way be a problem, if Netflix and chill is an everyday expression.
                And the 1st month is FREE!!!! Don't know what he's crying about.

I can watch DAZN anywhere. Computer PS4, Phone, etc.

ESPN+ SUKS! I can't watch it live because I don't have ESPN. So can only use phone and computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                  Nobody breaks down the rounds or say how the other fighter won the round. Nobody does that because they’re content with general fads for what others say.
                  Yup! They don't score fights by rounds looking for

Effective Aggression – Being aggressive gives the impression of dominance, but unless the boxer is landing shots and not constantly getting countered, it’s not exactly “effective.” Judges look for effective aggression, where the aggressor consistently lands his punches and avoids those from his opponent.

Ring Generalship – The fighter who controls the action and enforces his will and style.

Defense – How well is a boxer slipping, parrying, and blocking punches? Good defense is important. CASUAL fans ALWAYS ignore this.

Hard and Clean Punches – To the untrained eye, it can appear as if a boxer is landing a lot of shots, when, in fact, most are being blocked or aren’t landing flush. A judge needs to look for hard shots that land clean. Combos, Body shots.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... the article reads: "the IBF middleweight doesn’t feel like he needs a knockout to secure a draw with Canelo Alvarez on Saturday night."

... poor Jacobs!!! ... he seems he didn't learn much from the "judging" in those GGG fights ...

I think it's more of a reverse psychological thing. Jacobs and Hearn have been vocal about how they don't feel they need a KO. How they truth all the four officials etc..... It's to put that fear of trust in the officials. Am sure they Know Canelo gets everything his way.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      It's going over your head. The point is not the value, it's that the subscription model is shoved down our throats on the US. Be it TV, film, video games, or the fact that even goods are sold with "subscribe and save" gimmicks now. Petco sends me emails about subscribing to get my dog's food monthly. It's so prolific that it's become offputting. I hear this from a lot of people. As soon as you say "subscribe" they don't want it because it's ANOTHER commitment.

Dazn thought they would just do the Amazon prime method of dumping a ton of money into star power and making themselves a subscription service. I don't have anything against them but as someone who is business savvy and has run my own company for over 10 years, my guess is that they're going to struggle. It's not like I want them to, I'm just being honest.
                      fair points. It's just that I dont really perceive it as a commitment, but to each their own.
                      It's not like a gym membership, where you have to subscribe for at least one year before you can cancel your membership.

You can cancel DAZN similar to other streaming services on a month to month basis. You can also just subscribe and unsubscribe right away, you still have access to DAZN for one month and it's not even complicated.
                      I get your point, but at least for me, It doesnt have a feeling of commitment and it's no inconvenience for me to cancel and subscribe depending on the content.

If you subscribe and unsubscribe right away, It's kind of just like paying for a PPV with one additional step to unsubscribe, which takes half a minute.

Comment

Working...
                      X