Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Canelo-Jacobs Numbers Need To Add Up For NSAC & DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good God, I hope Dazn succeeds. We need less PBC in boxing not more.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
      Sure, but if you have enough money to spend the night in a bar, then i don't think your eyes are going glaze over at the thought of $20.
      There's alot of people on here that have a firestick. Going to the movies is not expensive however if you are able to get it free why not?

Me personally I don't really know anybody that actually pays for boxing. Boxing is not a big draw anymore. The only time i can talk boxing is when i am around old school Ricans. Boxing shot it self in it's foot. I am not paying nothing to watch this fight.

Comment

Agreed, I don't want to have another subscription service. Not about the money. When I have a fight party, I normally just buy it and invite people over.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
          fair points. It's just that I dont really perceive it as a commitment, but to each their own.
          It's not like a gym membership, where you have to subscribe for at least one year before you can cancel your membership.

You can cancel DAZN similar to other streaming services on a month to month basis. You can also just subscribe and unsubscribe right away, you still have access to DAZN for one month and it's not even complicated.
          I get your point, but at least for me, It doesnt have a feeling of commitment and it's no inconvenience for me to cancel and subscribe depending on the content.

If you subscribe and unsubscribe right away, It's kind of just like paying for a PPV with one additional step to unsubscribe, which takes half a minute.
          They should do a prepaid card thing like Xbox live. Sometimes we just want to watch a few fights then get out. I just don't want my credit card on file.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            I would have expected the young guy to know all this app computer jazz. That’s saying a lot. Not one person at work had asked me
            About the fight, not one. This promotion a week out strategy hasn’t worked
            Same here! There is no buzz in the building like it was when Canelo fought GGG! My theory, and tell me if I'm wrong, but it seems like since ESPN and TR combined, ESPN does less talking about boxing that is not being aired on ESPN. Is it just me?

Comment

ALL IS GOTTA SAY IS THAT DAZN BETTER HAVE ENOUGH BANDWIDTH TO KEEP THE STREAM SMOOTH AND HIGH QUALITY. I GOT HIGH SPEED INTERNET HARDWIRED TO MY PS4, SO IT BETTER NOT START LAGGING!!

Comment

Good point. I really don't want another subscription service but hadn't looked at it that way.
                Last edited by boxing fan71; 05-03-2019, 09:06 AM. Reason: Left of quote I was replying to

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                  There's alot of people on here that have a firestick. Going to the movies is not expensive however if you are able to get it free why not?

Me personally I don't really know anybody that actually pays for boxing. Boxing is not a big draw anymore. The only time i can talk boxing is when i am around old school Ricans. Boxing shot it self in it's foot. I am not paying nothing to watch this fight.
                  I understand, i don't pay for a lot of PPV's.

But the original story doesn't make a lot of sense. The guy asked him where it's available to watch and surely knows Canelo always (used to) fight on PPV. Therefore i can't see why his eyes would glaze over about paying a smaller amount than usual.

If the guy knew he could or would watch it by streaming illegally or whatever, he wouldn't bother to ask where it's available to watch.

But the original story never happened.

Comment

Sure, but if you have enough money to spend the night in a bar, then i don't think your eyes are going glaze over at the thought of $20.
                    if that's the case, said party also wouldn't be afford the monthly subscription for the gym where this conversation allegedly took place.

Comment

I understand, i don't pay for a lot of PPV's.

But the original story doesn't make a lot of sense. The guy asked him where it's available to watch and surely knows Canelo always (used to) fight on PPV. Therefore i can't see why his eyes would glaze over about paying a smaller amount than usual.

If the guy knew he could or would watch it by streaming illegally or whatever, he wouldn't bother to ask where it's available to watch.

But the original story never happened.
                      Because the guy who glazed over $20 never really ever paid for boxing. He probably used to bum off other people by going to fight parties or watching it at a bar for me. Now he knows he has to put his credit card online to watch something that truly to him is not worth him paying his $20 for what ever reason that is. I can't speak for him. I can only speak for my self.

Comment

Working...
                      X