Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Canelo, Jacobs - Face To Face at Final Press Conference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexjust View Post
    Canelo by UD or MD. Controversial or not. Or a draw.
    Yup, thats the vogue thing nowadays. theres MORE money to be made with draws.

Comment

if this goes to the cards and jacobs wins oscars jaw will drop as he looks to jacobs and stutters, fuuckk u really are the miracle man, huh

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
        Jacobs went 12 rounds with GGG. I seriously doubt this fight ends in a KO.
        G didn't saddle Danny with a rehydration clause.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          I have a feeling Canelo loses a close decision.
          Your intuition is questionable..don't trust it so much Definitely be careful driving.

Comment

Originally posted by etech1 View Post
            Yep, but only after he dropped THE most coveted belt in boxing like a bytch.

And that was after he already avoided GGG for a while.

I'll give credit where and when it's due, but he bytched out for a while.

I gave ginger the nod in both GGG encounters. Maybe a draw on the first, but he won the second.

Props to him still, but he waited til GGGs fire died down some.

You need to learn, that warrior hood transcends race "Nacho" Man.

I backup any true badasses in this game. Canelo IS stepping up fighting Jacobs now, so I still got hope for him. He just needs to keep going. Andrade next maybe.
            What does that mean precisely? Am I biased to a particular race? If so, which one?? As far as Canelo-GGG goes, I also criticized Canelo for ducking GGG early on. I scored GGG as the narrow winner in the first fight and Canelo the clearer winner in the rematch. I like and respect both of those guys equally. Both have done more than Jacobs, so IMO, its Jacobs who is stepping up here. Can't wait for this fight. I expect Canelo to win, but I just want to see a great fight.
            Last edited by NachoMan; 05-02-2019, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Regarding the possibility of Jacobs getting KO'd: I don't see it, Jacobs is generally a more responsible fighter than he was against Pirog back in the day. Canelo has the handspeed and the skills to pick the right shots, but Danny likely isn't going to create much opportunity for that kind of shot. It's not impossible though, he did get dropped by Mora from being too aggressive. He's going to respect Canelo's power WAY more than he did Mora though.

Also with regards to Danny KO loss to Pirog- Pirog's physicality was entirely different than Canelo. Taller and longer than Canelo with more foot speed. He arguably may have just been flat out better than Canelo (and GGG + Jacobs, etc.) He's a big 'what if' in boxing before his injury. Also pre-cancer diagnosis for Jacobs, but hard to say if that had any impact on that fight at all or if it's just conveniently placed afterward on the timeline.

This weekend is going to be very interesting, really excited to see what this fight looks like. Canelo gets better every time out, but Jacobs should theoretically have all the tools needed to win.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
                Jacobs went 12 rounds with GGG. I seriously doubt this fight ends in a KO.
                Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                GGG is not the counter puncher canelo is. Those repeatedly counters sometimes have a more lingering effect than straight come forward power. I agree, i see this being competitive for 4-5 rounds, then canelo taking over with late round stoppage being VERY possible
                Canelo punches are faster and cleaner. Look at the second GGG fight. He never hurt GGGG but he tore up his face.

Am I the only one that sees this as an easy fight for canelo??

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  Canelo will be forced to landing only significant punches to Jacobs body and Jacobs is flashy up top so itll catch the judges eyes better.

Also NSAC coming out speaking against rigged judging for Canelo will play against him.
                  I can def understand what you are seeing

Comment

If Canelo wins, I bet he will call out Floyd to come out of retirement to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      Canelo punches are faster and cleaner. Look at the second GGG fight. He never hurt GGGG but he tore up his face.

Am I the only one that sees this as an easy fight for canelo??
                      Yes........................

Comment

Working...
                      X