Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Wlad Klitschko got his $100mil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh sh^t just seen an article talking about a 5th opponent for June 1 when there was just 4 a couple days ago. I bet its f#cking Klitschko.

Honestly I wouldn't be mad at Joshua vs Klitschko II for June 1. I feel like its probably unlikely doe with the abbreviated timetable we are on, but its probably the best fight they could make at this point so f#ck it if everyone is down lets gooooooooooooooooooo as Whyte would say.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
      Why do old boxers who's best days are far behind them decide to make a comeback, ESPECIALLY in the heavyweight division?

Lower divisions are one thing, but devastating bombs are being thrown in the heavy's. One wrong punch can hurt you permanently.

Stay retired.
      What made them champions is in the mind and that takes a lot of convincing to quit. Every sportsman will have the itch for a come back. Many however get disappointed when they can't move as swiftly as they used to. As long as the guys can move attempts will usually be made to come back. Only a knockout can then convince such people to quit.

Comment

Why do old boxers who's best days are far behind them decide to make a comeback, ESPECIALLY in the heavyweight division?

Lower divisions are one thing, but devastating bombs are being thrown in the heavy's. One wrong punch can hurt you permanently.

Stay retired.
        I'll give you 100,000,000 guesses why.

And I mean I get it for THAT money. If you can make 8 digits a fight f#ck it why not.

But overall for a guy like Klitschko I like his story as a retired guy & he only f#cks up his narrative in this sport when he's got a good number of brain cells left + probably isn't wanting of money. So he's just stacking $100M on top of some other 9 digit pile of cash. Whats the point at that point of more money?!?!? Idfk honestly. If I was a boxer I'd retire FOR SURE when I had 8 digits in my bank account & likely before then.

Comment

It's a stupid obsession. He was champion for so many years and then age slowed him down and he lost to Fury. Then even older he lost to AJ. Now two years older he wants to come back when he is so old and so very wealthy. He is too old to beat Fury, Wilder or AJ now and he doesn't need the money so why risk possible brain damage and his legacy trying to achieve what he is too old to achieve?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzo View Post
            I think he was referring to his mantra in the lead up to the joshua fight ,he was saying how he was obsessed to become a champion again then.....not now
            Referred to his "boxing career (so far)". That means he's not finished.

Comment

Stay retired.
              Dont have an official statistic on hand, but I'm pretty sure that there are less deaths in the heavyweight division compared to the smaller divisions.

Heavyweights dont have to weight drain themselves and because heavyweights fights are more likely to end via knockout, they also are less likely to be in punishing 12 round wars.

Comment

Working...
              X