No announcement yet.

Why so much of Ggg hate now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
    Since the end of WWII Boxing has been increasingly a loser's sport. Working class people suddenly became Middle and Upper-class, so their kids have been going to team sports. Also, the supply of fighters traditionally came from the children of European immigrants, which was also largely cut-off.

Not that there haven't been great fighters, but the talent pool has been falling off. And that attracts more and more people who like the idea of Boxing as a B-rate sport.

Golovkin defies that. He's a legit killer. Much better than any American Middleweight post WWII not named Robinson.

He's like Lomachenko, Fury, and Usyk. Old school. He's got true heart, and is a master craftsman. Not just a thug who probably should've been aborted.

People should be enjoying this era. It's only a matter of time before former Communist countries are as rich as the West, and their kids are doing team sports, too.
    Ggg better than Hagler? Not a chance in hell. Hagler was more skilled with a better resume. Not even close.

Comment

All popular fighters have haters. Its just the name of the game. Floyd Mayweather was the best/most popular fighter in the sport and not coincidentally he also had the most haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
        This is the reason why a lot of people doest not like GGG.

Because his fans

And because he is a lier, a diva and a greedy man
        Should people not like Mexican fighters because you dream up as much ridiculous shyte as anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          All popular fighters have haters. Its just the name of the game. Floyd Mayweather was the best/most popular fighter in the sport and not coincidentally he also had the most haters.
          exactly, when you get criticism for everything you do, you have arrived, you're a star

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
            Canelo wasn't around at mw. Jacobs was still not ready. I disagree in the jacobs. I thought he clearly won that fight. Martinez and cotto ducked ggg so did sturm. He fought whoever was willing to fight him.
            Canelo's loss to Floyd is still the biggest highlight of his career. That loss was Canelo's biggest achievement, he learned a lot. Not talking about money, fame, or any of that BS.

Same for GGG to Dre at 168 would have been great and epic. I would respect it more. What's Canelo's most dominant career defining 'wow' win? Zero. Floyd.

Who avoided you and you avoided don't go on the record.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              Canelo's loss to Floyd is still the biggest highlight of his career. That loss was Canelo's biggest achievement, he learned a lot. Not talking about money, fame, or any of that BS.

Same for GGG to Dre at 168 would have been great and epic. I would respect it more. What's Canelo's most dominant career defining 'wow' win? Zero. Floyd.

Who avoided you and you avoided don't go on the record.
              GGG was a defining win for canelo. I think 20 years from now both canelo and ggg will be considered legends for the close fights they had with one another similar to marquez and manny. It may not seem like it now but it will. People will also look back at ggg and remember at 37 this guy competed on the p4p level with guys 10 years younger than him. Not even many all time greats can say that.

Comment

He's fighting Steve Rolls next and just showed disloyalty to Abel Sanchez, dropping him because he wouldn't take a pay cut.

That's why you have been seeing a lot of derision towards Golovkin recently.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  Should people not like Mexican fighters because you dream up as much ridiculous shyte as anyone.
                  Can you give us an example of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                    Can you give us an example of that?
                    Lately? Trying to use a photo of Estrada flexing and then not flexing in an effort to make excuses as to why he lost to Rung last time but beat him this time.

Past? You using every excuse in the book to cover up Nery using PEDs and missing weight.

These are just a few off the top of my head. There are dozens more. Shall I continue?

Comment

Bro GGG is hated since 2014. Where you've been?

Comment

Working...
                      X