Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Arum Is Doing Crawford Dirty; Promotes Lomachenko More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He ain't wrong lol. This isn't the first guy saying they barely heard anything about the fight until around the week of the fight.

I agree with his stance on Loma. Bob isn't going to find another Manny. He's supremely talented, but Manny was once in a lifetime and had a combination of factors working in his favor mainly the right names. Right now Loma's dream fights are Tank, Garcia, and several prospects that he might not ever get a crack at. And it's highly disrespectful to discuss another fighter while you are promoting someone else's fight.

Comment

Truth

Look ESPN promotion and marketing with TR is outstanding. Crawford really don't talk about ****!!! There's nothing interesting about him. He doesn't have to be good like broner or floyd but he needs to be more direct and confident like a Michael Jordan or a Kobe Bryant!! Crawford has everything but that it factor. It's hard to promote a fighter with zero personality. Loma doesn't spoke good English but when he does it funny as hell. "Gervonta davis fights more on Twitter" " he's the champion on Twitter" these are great sound bites. To be number 1 in the world you must be odd! Loma is very odd and different in his own way. Very easy to promote unlike boring Crawford. Crawford must be interesting and he needs to talk more just as Spence realized the importance of self promotion and awareness!!!!

Comment

idk if he promotes lomachenko more but I did feel like there was a lot of hype around loma's fight and not so much bud's even though his was a ppv.

anyway, it doesn't matter. the ppv was horribly promoted. horrible. and its obvious they wont be releasing the numbers because it was that bad. arum can forget 50-50 and he can forget espn involved. the sad part? bud's options are only going to get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          Here is the deal mark....1, I’m glad you knew what I meant because I speak the truth. 2, white America loves to hate the toxic negro....it loves the thug that is McGregor. They absolutely love McGregor. The fact that they cheered for him over their own American fighter Mayweather speaks volumes. When I asked people who they were backing in that fight the most common answers were “well I don’t like woman beaters so I want McGregor” or “well I’m irish so I’m going with McGregor”.....and this was from American born and raised aided people. So the rationale was literally “since we are from the same tribe I’m going with my own”....and they have no problem with that. Why am I bringing this up? Perception. The toxic negro is a style that has been adopted. Because of how race is perceived, there is no equivalent for white thug athletes who simply are not treated the same way black thug athletes are. In fact, if the same tactic is used by a white athlete, it’s celebrated almost like how teenage girls like the bad boy. You know this, I know this.
          Good post man. I in fact enjoy that Crawford is himself and isn't willing to play the coon. Any PPV he is apart of I'm going to buy it. Crawford seems to have his guard up all the time like he is constantly in fight mode. It comes down from what I've seen when he is around his true friends like his big homie Wayne that he is always starting **** with. BT did an excellent job showing that side in their interviews and documentary leading up to the fight.
          Last edited by Mister Wolf; 04-27-2019, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxrec View Post
            Fury has 10 times the charisma of CraWford in his pinky finger. Heavyweight money is wYyyyy different than “quiet welterweight” money.
            Not to mention, Fury fights actual heavyweight names that people have heard of.
            Fury has a style that doesn't appeal to the masses but he has a big mouth and self promotes. He got paid crap to fight Wilder, same are Ortiz. Fury's mouth may be enough to draw viewership but that remains to be seen. In the end, Fury doesn't care because he is NOW, TODAY getting paid.

Comment

Spence had a popular undefeated Mexican fighter in Garcia in wat was expected 2 b a highly competative fight....Crawford had multiple loss glass jawed Khan - huge difference!! Dont pat urself on the bak 2 hard Spence for the ppv buys.

Comment

Glad you cleared up who's getting how much and just forget Spence is ducking Crawford for ANY AMOUNT.

Originally posted by 2ndroundko View Post
                idk if he promotes lomachenko more but I did feel like there was a lot of hype around loma's fight and not so much bud's even though his was a ppv.

anyway, it doesn't matter. the ppv was horribly promoted. horrible. and its obvious they wont be releasing the numbers because it was that bad. arum can forget 50-50 and he can forget espn involved. the sad part? bud's options are only going to get worse.

Comment

Khan beat up Spence the ducker's best opponent Algeri and Garcia is a lightweight.

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
                  Spence had a popular undefeated Mexican fighter in Garcia in wat was expected 2 b a highly competative fight....Crawford had multiple loss glass jawed Khan - huge difference!! Dont pat urself on the bak 2 hard Spence for the ppv buys.

Comment

Neither of these two have any personality - there is going to have to be something that gets the fight off the ground and it's look like it will attempts to inject (white) racism even though both are black. Arum and Spence both on the same page this week. I guess

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                      Still doesn't explain why Crawford makes more and Spence avoids him!
                      Crawford doesn't make more than Spence lol Just let it go

Comment

Working...
                      X