Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez Slams "Greedy, Ungrateful" Golovkin For The Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abel knows he aint gonna be in the corner for any more big fights since "g" left him lol...

Comment

• I prefer Canelo but I thought GGG outboxed him and won 8 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        When you're making 1-2 million it may not be but when you start making those 15-20 mill paydays it certainly is all about that money.

I cant blame the dude at 37 years old. It's these 25 year old guys who've done Jack **** in the sport turning down life changing paydays that piss me off.

yea

not necessarily sticking up for Golovkin, but what I believe is.....

up until now, Abel has been making his usual 10-15%, whatever

which was fine, up until the 2x fights with Canelo.....

Golovkin was not making BIG money until he fought Canelo

Abel likely got his usual 10-15% split from the Canelo money, which is HUGE..... he likely pocketed 5m from those fights..... which is fair enough, because he put in 10+ years with Golovkin

Golovkin likely thinks that those paydays are adequate remuneration for services rendered over the years, and he is probably right..... now that he signed a huge deal with DAZN

Mayweather paid his uncle 500k per fight, Roger wasn't taking a split

Golovkin should have paid Abel more..... Abel is not ******, he knows that he does not deserve 10-15% of Golovkin's DAZN money..... I think Golovkin only needed to sweeten the pot a little

seems ****** to split with your long-term trainer over a small difference in money..... there could be some lingering resentment over Sanchez' frank and honest approach with the media following that loss to Canelo

let's face it, Team Bullshlt have lied about everything..... Sanchez made a fool of himself when he denied the 164 catchweight demand on Ward, after making that demand himself on video..... Sanchez statements following the Canelo rematch were rare honest unscripted comments from that team..... it is highly possible that did not sit well with Golovkin

Comment

• Originally posted by DJS View Post
          I prefer Canelo but I thought GGG outboxed him and won 8 4.

fark, what fight were you watching

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            you could be right

it is hard to believe from Golovkin's great deal with DAZN that he could not come to a reasonable agreement with his long-time trainer..... and offer him a little more

maybe G is salty about how honest Sanchez was after the loss to Canelo

I can see why G fans are delighted to be rid of Honest Abe
            He was honest in expressing his feelings but we're his feelings appropriate. I don't think so. To me it sounded that he wanted to appear to generous to his opponent and the hell with what Golovkin thought about it. Able was the guy talking the most smack. Able was the driving force asking Canelo to stand and trade with G. Why?? A blind man could see that Golovkin clearly won the first fight. If Canelo had repeated that performance I suspect Golovkin would have gotten the decision because there was a severe backlash against it. His response is like a little kid saying it was him not me that ****ed up. See I'm the good guy in this. I'm the one being generous. Meanwhile his fighter is so pissed at getting screwed again he left the ring. Then he hears his so called buddy saying he didn't deserve the win. Maybe Sanchez was pissed that Chavez Senior had said if Golovkin loses the rematch you should get a reward as the worst trainer of the year and he realized he had to eat crow. There was a little look between Golovkin and Able at the post fight presser where Sanchez did his act and gave Golovkin a defiant look. Was he being honest?? Yes for sure. Except those feelings of anger and frustration he was being honest about were self centered. That's my take. Of course since I'm a G fan the detractors will have a field day with this but that is how I judged Able's motivations when I first heard his little penance speech.
            Last edited by TonyGe; 04-25-2019, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
              This was ridiculuos

And people never talked about this

GGG is straight sh.it

And I used to be a fan of him
              Hes showing his true colours now. The GGG we liked was just a facade.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                He was honest in expressing his feelings but we're his feelings appropriate. I don't think so. To me it sounded that he wanted to appear to generous to his opponent and the hell with what Golovkin thought about it. Able was the guy talking the most smack. Able was the driving force asking Canelo to stand and trade with G. Why?? A blind man could see that Golovkin clearly won the first fight. If Canelo had repeated that performance I suspect Golovkin would have gotten the decision because there was a severe backlash against it. His response is like a little kid saying it was him not me that ****ed up. See I'm the good guy in this. I'm the one being generous. Meanwhile his fighter is so pissed at getting screwed again he left the ring. Then he hears his so called buddy saying he didn't deserve the win. Maybe Sanchez was pissed that Chavez Senior had said if Golovkin loses the rematch you should get a reward as the worst trainer of the year and he realized he had to eat crow. There was a little look between Golovkin and Able at the post fight presser where Sanchez did his act and gave Golovkin a defiant look. Was he being honest?? Yes for sure. Except those feelings of anger and frustration he was being honest about were self centered. That's my take. Of course since I'm a G fan the detractors will have a field day with this but that is how I judged Able's motivations when I first heard his little penance speech.

of course they will..... Golovkin lost, and you need closure

listen..... FACT: Golovkin did not follow the gameplan

Sanchez wanted him to FIGHT Canelo

Sanchez could see Golovkin was losing that fight, he even told him

it really is ignorant blaming the judges, who were ALL within a point

this is one take.....

"Canelo Alvarez stalked Gennady Golovkin last night (Sat., Sept. 15, 2018) live on HBO pay-per-view (PPV) from inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, to capture a majority decision win and walk away with the WBA (Super), WBC, IBO, and vacant The Ring ****zine middleweight titles.

Canelo started out on fire. He took an early lead by forcing the action and putting GGG back on his heels. Though Golovkin held his own with a jab, he was throwing more punches than he’d like to. Making matters worse for GGG is the fact that Canelo landed devastating hooks to the body at almost every turn.

But GGG battled back. His late-fight onslaught saw some of the biggest shots of the bout landed, including a hard left hook that put Alvarez in danger. Golovkin seemed to punch his way back into the fight, but was it enough?
                "

lets face it, blaming the judges is just an excuse..... Golovkin got backed up... beaten up... and he could not follow his gameplan.....

one guy fought his fight, and the other guy did not..... he demonstrated effective aggression, and control..... backing up Golovkin and limiting his options while landing better eye-catching judge-friendly punches

Honest Abe said exactly what he saw

Comment

• Gota side with ggg against Sanchez, canelo beat him and beat him again the second time with ggg showing no improvement. You can't blame ggg for getting rid of Sanchez. Although at this stage its unlikely ggg will improve period.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                    This in a nutshell, I personally think Sanchez' response was pretty classless. Never rated the guy as a trainer, hopefully GGG can find someone who can get the best out of him technically.
                    Sanchez acting like a jilted wife

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape up View Post
                      Sanchez acting like a jilted wife
                      Yeah I noticed. He should have kept his mouth shut and dealt with his concerns about the fight in private. He also should have been mature enough to part ways with Golovkin without the drama.

Comment

Working...
                      X