Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
    no he doesn’t because he is not a NY like miller who would attract his own crowd and would drum up a big promotion....Ortiz is Cuban is over 40 and was Koed by wilder and made a career highest purse vc wilder at 350k....why does Joshua have to pay ten times over the odds than what wilder paid him... it’s ridiculous ducking
    He deserves what miller was making and a lil more for it being short notice not 10mil more though...miller can’t even sell in his hometown, Ortiz/wilder sold over 15k at Barclays was a exciting fight, and can bring in the Cuban/Latin following that’s in New York in all honesty Ortiz should of been the first choice over miller

Comment

5 mil more than fair. He fought Wilder for far less. Yet the Wilder cheerleaders are pretending it's not. Bunch of jokes just like their boy parading around with Fury's belt

Comment

demanding 10 mil ^^ wow thats a bit rich, now we know whats really going on with this one

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
          Ortiz fought the WBC heavyweight champion, producing an
          exciting and talked-about fight which helped both of their
          stock, especially Wilder's, to skyrocket. That fight is still
          fairly fresh in people's memory. In contrast, Miller had never
          been involved in a world title fight, is much lesser known,
          and the most accomplished opponent that he had faced
          was an old, over-the-hill, blown-up former cruiserweight
          champion. Yes, Ortiz has a better resume and a better
          reputation.
          Ortiz's best outing is a KTFO loss

Wilder fans are crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Luis Ortiz deserves at the very least the same amount that Jarrell Miller was going to get. Hearn needs to quit being a tightwad.

Especially since it's on short notice.
            Yes I agree but he should still take the 5 million regardless. If he doesn’t he should keep his trap shut from this day forward. Nobody wants to hear him talk about lowball offer when he has never made over $500,000

Comment

Wow, team Ortiz is actually dumber than I thought!

I expected they would turn down $2M. They turned down $5M and asked for $10M!

That is absolutely embarrassing. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
                Ortiz fought the WBC heavyweight champion, producing an
                exciting and talked-about fight which helped both of their
                stock, especially Wilder's, to skyrocket. That fight is still
                fairly fresh in people's memory. In contrast, Miller had never
                been involved in a world title fight, is much lesser known,
                and the most accomplished opponent that he had faced
                was an old, over-the-hill, blown-up former cruiserweight
                champion. Yes, Ortiz has a better resume and a better
                reputation.
                So you are saying Ortiz has better resume than Miller because he was stopped by Wilder?

There are many guys that were stopped by Wilder. They have good resume because of that?

IMO Duhaupas did it better against Wilder than Ortiz.

Comment

No, King Kong is clean. How can anyone honestly think that Ortiz could be currently juicing when he has no reason to? How is it even plausible when he is not even in the gym training or have any fights scheduled? So there is no reason for him to cheat now.

In addition, it's been more than seven weeks since his has last fight. So, if anything he's probably cycled off and clean by now. So he can sign the fight with AJ if he wants to. What it sounds likes to me is that he has been coaxed or instructed not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                    I don’t even mind that I would ask for 20 million but at the end of the day there is no way I’m leaving that negotiation table without securing the bag.... Furthermore I don’t think Ortiz is that stupid, the fight will be announced Saturday.
                    Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Idk man. Isn't that called negotiating? Guy tries to offer you $4k for your used car that you feel is worth $6k & you counter his $4k offer with a "nah I need at least 8". Are you being greedy or strategic? I guess you'd be greedy if he agrees to $8k, but your attempt was one of tactics in my example.

This is a free market sport unlike any other where deal making is a larger part of the business for all parties on a level unlike any other sport. Guys should be lowballing & highballing back n forth coming to a middle ground if you ask me.
                    I hear both of you. I get that Ortiz is in a GREAT spot and can ask for whatever he wants and should negotiate for the max amount he can get.

That said, he does come off a bit greedy IMO. Opportunities like this don't come along all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                      He deserves what miller was making and a lil more for it being short notice
                      I wonder how long people have been following boxing when they come out with crap like this.

Can you name me one time in history the replacement opponent of a big name fighter got more than the original opponent based on short notice?

I'll wait.

Comment

Working...
                      X