Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boogbx View Post
    7.5 and make the fight.

No duck, on short notice a little more than 6.5 is right.

He already said he has options, he doesn’t need Joshua as long as he gets Wilder which Haymon can deliver, not Hearn.

Not a duck, quite opposite taking career into your hands. Ortiz ain’t a fool he has a few shots
    Left. I see it more likely he can beat Wilder instead of Joshua and he knows it. He don’t wanna lose anymore so he’ll take what he sees as winnable fights. I’d rather he fight Joshua but it’s his life, not ours.
    Yeah those options of which bum to fight seems like a great career choice. Haha.

Are they going to pay Ortiz more than 5 Mill for the Wilder rematch and lose even more due to the donkey Wilder? Good, it's funny to me to see bad business from the so called "Master" Haymon. Haha.

Comment

• Man I am disappointed like a MF in Ortiz. 5 million is 10x more than his highest purse (500k Wilder) !!! He'll never see 5 million vs anyone else in the division wtf were they thinking. His handles are just being greedy.

Yea we get it it's short notice for him it's short notice for Joshua as well Ortiz and Miller fight nothing alike. Good thing for AJ is, he's still gonna bring home millions regardless of who he fights..

If Haymon advised him to reject 5 million he better be guaranteeing him 5 million or more for a Wilder rematch ( won't happen) otherwise. This is a case of greed or spite

Comment

• Even 5 million is over paying Ortiz. A fat lazy old fighter nobody cares about. Has a fanbase of 0. The idiots in the sport these days deserve to go broke.

Comment

• Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
          He also failed test. He might not be on PEDs all the time and he might have been cycling the correct way. Who knows? What is a fact is that he's a proven cheater
          That's very true. He is a cheater but he wasn't cheating the night he fought Deontay Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            lowball confirmed

hearn sets market price for miller at 6.5

offers higher ranked guy 5 mil...higher ranked guy also had FOTY candidate in nyc against a top 3 HW previously

somehow hearn thinks miller is worth more than Ortiz=crazy

lowball confirmed...attempt to kill fight complete...way to go eddie

best part is these aren't the only guys to accuse hearn of lowballing...it spans not only the HW division too
            Could you not have put this in your first post where you blamed both? But now it's a confirmed lowball offer? Wow, what a change after only a few minutes.

God you're a nutter.

Comment

• Originally posted by blitted_master View Post
              Miller's really gonna pack the fans in!

HAHAHAHA.

New York knows and respects Ortiz ever since his battle with Wilder. Big Baby is a big nobody.
              How do you know New York respects Ortiz? Do they usually support 2 time drug cheats?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
                It does not matter what Ortiz made in the past.
                What was Matchroom paying Miller for the fight?
                Whatever it was, Ortiz deserves more, especially to take
                such an important fight on relatively short notice.
                Got no problem with ortiz demanding the same as what miller was offered, although I think Miller was vastly overpaid.
                Your previous post was about something different though.

Im also not really agreeing with the notion that short notice opponents have to be compensated for it. Especially for someone like ortiz who was avoided for most of his career.
                Take the chance, take the lower offer (5mio is still lifechanging money though, its not like he is fighting for peanuts), get a chance at three titles and the chance to make history and if you win, you can command much more money in the rematch.

If we are looking at past examples. I havent heard about pacquiao demanding special money to fight at short notice against ledwaba. Same applies to klitschko vs lewis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  When fighter make ridiculous demands like Ortiz, they are really saying they don't want the fight. Only person to blame here is Ortiz.
                  Matchroom are the one's who set the bar.
                  If they thought Miller was worth 6-7 million, then why
                  would they expect a higher-profile, higher-ranked fighter
                  to accept less money, especially on short notice? Seriously.
                  Don't bother to reply if you can only trash Ortiz' recent
                  performaces.
                  You can't argue that Miller is more well-known or respected
                  than Ortiz has been in recent years. Ortiz deserved to be
                  offered AT LEAST what Miller was supposedly making, and
                  rightfully deserves more on short notice. Offering less than
                  they were willing to pay Miller is either an insult to Ortiz,
                  or a clear sign that they do not really want to give Ortiz
                  the fight. It's both, actually.
                  Like I said before, you can revel in Hearn's shrewd
                  negotiation tactics while you watch Joshua beat Hunter.
                  That will be on PPV in the UK, wont it? Enjoy!

Comment

• This is a tough one for me. On one hand I understand him turing down $5 million because he is coming in on short notice,He is better competition and more known than miller, and he knows Hearn is operating out of desperation.

BUt on the flip side, This would be his highest pay day BY FAR, he would get a chance to be the unified heavyweight champion, and he won't make this much money anywhere else. Plus he already said he would fight for little money previously.

I don't know so im gonna just sit back and read y'all comments...

Comment

• 5M is now a low ball offer for a man who made 500K as his career high? SMH The tickets are already sold and he speaks no English to promote the fight. He's 40 and turnding down 5M. He isn't getting that much in a rematch to a fight he got knocked out in. Nobody is begging to see Wilder/Ortiz 2 and if it's on PPV it's doing worse then Wilder/Fury which was against the lineal champ. Outside Wilder rematch he making probably 300k against anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                      X