Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Luis Ortiz Reject Hearn's "Lowball Offer" To Face Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
    I'd like to hear what Ortiz says himself, and what the offer was before passing judgement. Does anyone know for sure what the offer was?

Ortiz has went against his management before, accepting challenges publicly from Whyte and Joyce. If the offer was decent and legit, I'll be back to chastise both him and his team. Personally I find it odd he wouldn't accept even for a low offer if he has a chance to get the belts.

I find it funny Michael Hunter said Hearn hinted to him he would have the fight even before he allegedly did the Ortiz offer.

Now this: A statement read: “It’s a no go for June 1…Sorry guys we where [sic] told to stay as quiet as possible and play possum until fight had been made because every time someone called out Luis it would be a gimmick to promote them self but it still didn’t work.

“We just received word from promoter it’s a no go and it was all a gimmick and Hearn’s low ball offers will not be accepted and no contract even ever got sent over so sorry to all the loyal fans.

No contract = No offer was made.
    Who was the promoter that they received word from? Luis Ortiz doesn’t have a promoter.

Comment

I'd like to hear what Ortiz says himself, and what the offer was before passing judgement. Does anyone know for sure what the offer was?

Ortiz has went against his management before, accepting challenges publicly from Whyte and Joyce. If the offer was decent and legit, I'll be back to chastise both him and his team. Personally I find it odd he wouldn't accept even for a low offer if he has a chance to get the belts.

I find it funny Michael Hunter said Hearn hinted to him he would have the fight even before he allegedly did the Ortiz offer.

Now this: A statement read: “It’s a no go for June 1…Sorry guys we where [sic] told to stay as quiet as possible and play possum until fight had been made because every time someone called out Luis it would be a gimmick to promote them self but it still didn’t work.

“We just received word from promoter it’s a no go and it was all a gimmick and Hearn’s low ball offers will not be accepted and no contract even ever got sent over so sorry to all the loyal fans.

Wow do you have a cold you actually sound sensible and knowledgeable for a change

Comment

I guess this was just another gimmick by slimy Eddie Hearn. If the offer was much lower than what they offered Miller, it is a clear duck by team Joshua. Ortiz is higher ranked, more well known, and more skilled.

If Joshua really wanted the fight, he would tell Hearn to get it done, and it would be done. Hearn not even sending a contract says a lot.
        That’s what I thought . Listen to how you sound now when there is something up your butt hole? You freak!!

Comment

• Fact they won't name the actual figure is suspect. I'm smelling a blatant duck

Comment

• Career high payday plus belts, sounds fair to me

Comment

• Once they found out the bum Heddie ***** pulls out the hat, his phone will be blowing up and there are going to be mad refund request

Comment

• I hope Skipper and the DAZONE team keeps a very close eye on Heddie ***** and over rule any bum he brings to the table

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Yes I remember that. I also remember that Hearn took no action against Broner for breaking the NDA. So if you can break an NDA with Hearn without any comebacks, Ortiz can talk about the offer whether he signed one or not.
                  True that. Props to Hearn too for letting it slide. I was for sure he was going to take legal action after the said that. Of course I wouldn't have faulted him if he did as Broner is an idiot

Comment

This is not true, he just contacted most of the viable options to see if they are available and put them on notice...it's in the interview he gave after the failed test.

Comment

• "Lowball" could mean he was only offered a fraction of what Miller was due to earn, but it could also mean "lowball" by Al Haymon standards and that Haymon is telling them to turn it down unless he's offered something ****** like 8 million dollars.

Until we hear what the number was from a credible source, you're all wasting your breath.

Comment

Working...
                      X