Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG not Ruling LHW division!! If the fight is right, he’s game!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    Sure, makes sense. Gennady is obviously thinking more about how to maximise profit till the end of his career.
    People who didn’t value Gennady at his peak, won’t value him at this stage of his career. He will be making smart moves (bussiness moves) and think less about the belts or legacy. If there is “a smart fight” at LHW, he will take it.

I am not sure I can blame him after the Canelo/Byrd/Vegas experience.
    That has nothing to do with being able to make the weight. You must have forgot 168 for Froch or Chavez Jr. was how many light years ago? He wouldn’t be draining for those fights as he did for 160. GGG was always draining for his 30 day Big Bear toilet weigh in and fooling the public. All backed by HBO too

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
      That has nothing to do with being able to make the weight. You must have forgot 168 for Froch or Chavez Jr. was how many light years ago? He wouldn’t be draining for those fights as he did for 160. GGG was always draining for his 30 day Big Bear toilet weigh in and fooling the public. All backed by HBO too
      I don’t see how is it “fooling the public” if he managed to make 160. If he struggles or not, it is irrelevant. Every fighter chooses his weight class. Gennady found that at 160 he was maximising his advantages. He never failed a weigh-in if I am not mistaken, so I cannot really have anything against him in that sense.

Both Froch and Chavez Jr were massive fights. Would he do 168 or 175 for multi million fight - probably... Not sure what is bad in that.

he is not the biggest fighter at 160, but even if he was, as long as he makes the weight, I don’t care about it.

This fight is a tune up, so who cares... use it for what it is. It will show where is Gennady at, if hopefully, Rolls lasts a few rounds.

Comment

I don’t see how is it “fooling the public” if he managed to make 160.
        Comprehension is key. I said those 30 day weigh ins in boxing are all suspect, goes for all boxers. The reality is that any fighter can shed 10lbs ready for some 30 day weigh in photo op. The eye test comes on the final weigh in, with GGG eye sockets seeped in looking like Brandon Rios or Mike Alvarado on HBO cards because those fighters wouldn’t be able to compete at their realistic and desired weight, again, all HBO design for those B level fighters hyping ratings for dummies.

Comment

Canelo looked more swole and ripped in the Cotto bout. Freeze frames of photos where fighters throwing punches or squeezing defensive postures bulges muscles. Canelo looked bigger in the Chavez fight, and now even bigger in the Fielding fight. I can find freeze frames of Errol’s Spence fighting looking bigger than what it seems in video.

WAR DAZN
          That's why I didn't just show one picture of the action shot. I didn't want to hear that excuse. So much for that.

Comment

Comprehension is key. I said those 30 day weigh ins in boxing are all suspect, goes for all boxers. The reality is that any fighter can shed 10lbs ready for some 30 day weigh in photo op. The eye test comes on the final weigh in, with GGG eye sockets seeped in looking like Brandon Rios or Mike Alvarado on HBO cards because those fighters wouldn’t be able to compete at their realistic and desired weight, again, all HBO design for those B level fighters hyping ratings for dummies.
            Again, not sure what is your point. You think that Gennady is cheating at 30-days weigh ins? I don’t have any proof for that, so until proven guilty I cannot comment. Same goes when people are accusing certain fighters for PEDs.

If the point is that some fighters are cheating, as the system is somehow unfair, again I am not sure what does thst have to do with Gennady. I am not aware that he is breaking any rules. He can look as a skeleton on weigh-ins, I don’t see how is that relevant. Maybe he is hurting himself by draining, but again, that is not against the rules.

For example, as long as Hurd is not breaking any rules, I don’t take it against him if he has a weight adventage on fight nights. However, I don’t think that Gennady has a significant weight adventage in the ring... maybe you have some data/examples? I wouldn’t find them relevant for the fairness argument, but I am genuinely interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
              Bro you still believe this GGG moving up bullshieet after all these YEARS of him lying about "anyone from 154 to 168"?
              It wasn't a lie. He tried to fight Chavez Jr and Froch at 168 but both pulled out of negotiations. He tried to fight Cotto after Cotto moved up from 154 to win a middleweight belt. When Canelo moved up from Canelo weight GGG fought him twice.

You also actually believe he will move up and leave the Canelo sweepstakes on that we all know he is so thirsty for?
              Canelo also has a belt at 168.
              Finally, if he actually did move up, wouldn't it be convenient for him to move up right after the middleweight division got heated up. He never fought Saunders until Saunders moved up
              This conveniently ignores the fact that there was a signed contract for GGG to fight Saunders if the Canelo rematch fell through.
              he outright refused to fight Charlo when ordered to
              This conveniently ignores the fact that GGG didn't sign with a new network partner until recently. You cannot sign for a fight without a deal in place with a network to air it. Had he signed along with PBC for his fights to be aired on fox and showtime we'd have a Charlo fight this year. But he signed with DAZN which means the Charlo fight won't happen.

Secondly, the order means *****. GGG will be fighting the winner of Canelo vs. Jacobs this September regardless of whatever sanctioning bodies order and that sanctioning body won't say shiznit about it.

he is refusing to fight Andrade when Andrade has a belt and we all know he's all about the belts right?
              DAZN is pushing for him to fight the winner of Jacobs vs. Canelo this fall which would be for all the belts that GGG had lost. Why settle for one belt when you can fight better and more established opponents for 3 belts?

He also refused to fight Derevychenko when ordered to and rather dropped his belt instead.
              You mean the guy who got dropped in a loss to Jacobs who GGG dropped before beating him. The same guy who struggled against Jack Culcay. That guy. And GGG chose to fight Canelo instead. A better and more meaningful opponent. ***** off with that nonsense. GGG would have body bagged Sergei D.

Let's not forget his refusal to rematch Jacobs even though 50 percent of the media and fans felt he lost that fight.
              I give Jacobs credit. He fought a hell of a fight and made it really close. But while haters thought GGG lost the fight but in the real world when the fight is close the guy who spends the entire time moving forward, lands more punches with more accuracy and scores the only knockdown is going to win. And you know what....if Jacobs learns from his loss to GGG and does more punching the mean mugging he might actually get his rematch.
              Last edited by yankees7448; 04-23-2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Again, not sure what is your point. You think that Gennady is cheating at 30-days weigh ins? I don’t have any proof for that, so until proven guilty I cannot comment. Same goes when people are accusing certain fighters for PEDs.

If the point is that some fighters are cheating, as the system is somehow unfair, again I am not sure what does thst have to do with Gennady. I am not aware that he is breaking any rules. He can look as a skeleton on weigh-ins, I don’t see how is that relevant. Maybe he is hurting himself by draining, but again, that is not against the rules.

For example, as long as Hurd is not breaking any rules, I don’t take it against him if he has a weight adventage on fight nights. However, I don’t think that Gennady has a significant weight adventage in the ring... maybe you have some data/examples? I wouldn’t find them relevant for the fairness argument, but I am genuinely interested.
                “365” had been talked about for more than 5 years, yet for some reason it’s not taken seriously. It is the sole responsibility for VADA to prove and justify “365” as its apples to Olympians. If anybody believes Canelo is cheating while doing 365 then the fault is simply on VADA.

No other fighters are doing 365. Boxing is a joke. It’s been said many times

Comment

“365” had been talked about for more than 5 years, yet for some reason it’s not taken seriously. It is the sole responsibility for VADA to prove and justify “365” as its apples to Olympians. If anybody believes Canelo is cheating while doing 365 then the fault is simply on VADA.

No other fighters are doing 365. Boxing is a joke. It’s been said many times
                  “365” is for PEDs, has nothing to do with weights, unless one uses something illegal to loose the weight? Am I missing something? I thought your argument was about fighters thast are draining are breaking some rules or the rules are not fair?

Also, was it VADA that caught Canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post

Looking like a Welterweight my a$$ you liar.
                    2nd fight doe!

Comment

GGG shouldn´t be saying stuff like this when he is fighting rod salka 2.0 next

Comment

Working...
                      X