Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Danny Garcia Is Not A Real Fight For Terence Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A prime Thurman on his game is dangerous.

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
    “You know, a lot of guys that we’re interested in fighting, like Kell Brook, has said that he wanted to fight Terence,” Arum told a group of reporters early Sunday morning. “And that’d be fun. I mean, the other guys that Haymon has, I’m not really interested in. [Shawn] Porter isn’t a real fight for Crawford. And [Danny] Garcia’s not a real fight. [Keith] Thurman isn’t. The fight that’s a real fight is Spence.”

It's hard to take Arum serious sometimes when he says stuff like this. So it's either Kell brook or Spence. Kell Brook who's been fighting at 154 is a better option than Garcia (recent KO win), Porter (belt), Thurman (belt). And Spence is the option we all want but the other day you just ripped Haymon before even attempting to negotiate with him. I can see Arum saying those things if he had tried to make the Spence-Crawford fight and then things fell apart. But he hasn't even initiated negotiations yet.

Besides I would think Bob would pick Thurman since he almost got stopped by Lopez, if there was a champion to pick on. He also should have put Crawford in against Pac before he left to PBC. That should have been easy to make but Jeff Horn got that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
      Khan beat up Chris Algeri, the 2nd best Spence ever fought. NEXT!
      Algieri gave Khan a competitive fight.

Comment

Offered Danny a blank check and he didn't respond. What else can Arum do but move on?

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        What does Bob saying Danny isn't a good fight for Crawford have to do with whether or not i want to see Spence vs Crawford?

Comment

Tell that to Charlo
          Who's defending Charlo ?

Comment

Originally posted by GFunk23 View Post
            Algieri gave Khan a competitive fight.
            Agreed. My point is that Errol Spence brings up Chris Algeri as better competition and Crawford just beat the man that beat Errol's best competition. They picked Khan and will go after Spence to take away any excuses.

Comment

This author makes it sound as if Crawford/Arum are avoiding Garcia
              whose fight on the same day was held in a public park!
              And he summarily dismantled Granados, big deal.
              Any schmo can't be more stupid than this writer.

Fact: It takes two to tango.
              Fact: Garcia is not interested in Crawford.

That alone would make you forget about writing this article
              with a silly theme.

Comment

1st, Kell Brook is the best Spence ever fought. 2nd, Arum offered Danny 4 million and Danny could have countered with 5,6,7,8 or 10, whatever, but he didn't counter at all. Instead Danny fought for 1 million in front of 3,000 people. Logically, what's that tell you?.

What Danny wants Arum can't offer and that's an easy winnable fight for a few million. Danny is NOT in it to be the best (his father is not) Danny wants enough money to keep buying laundry mats and small apartments. That's his fathers plan, always was. Deep down Danny would probably like to test himself but his father runs the show and he's a small business kinda guy that fits right into the Haymon's business model. Arums best chance are Thurman and Spence because deep down, both think they can beat Crawford enough to defy Al Haymon. Danny via his father is not that guy.

Danny will fight tomato cans and cash out against Thurman.

That's the business model...see the game within the game.
                You in full spin mode for top rank since fight was over Saturday I see.... you don’t have a employee make a offer over direct messaging on twitter to his father if you serious about making a fight for starters when arum or Todd could of made call to Haymon like they did any other time a Haymon guy has fought a top rank guy, secondly brook has already stated numerous times he can’t make welterweight which was reason he moved up to jr middleweight and even struggled to make that his last fight but now we suppose believe he can make welterweight again? Garcia would be best fight for Crawford to make hands down and instead of arum actually trying to make that fight he talking about making a fight with a guy who beat win was damn near 5 years ago with porter

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
                  To see how the Craw/Spence promotion with arum /Haymon will work Craw/Garcia is a good try. Spence/Porter unification in motion. Arum has no one better in his stable to match Craw with. Garcia no bum lost 2 close dec to champs. Never beat up. In shape more offense he is a tough out for any WW
                  TC or Bud, not "Craw". I agree though that Garcia is a solid fight for Bud. Strangely, its a good fight that I would be okay with not seeing. I've always liked DSG, but I am pretty certain he loses to Crawford, who I like just as much. I'd rather see both guys matched/re-matched against some of the PBC stable.

Comment

Offered Danny a blank check and he didn't respond. What else can Arum do but move on?
                    During that time Khan had 3 losses by KO, Danny's never been stopped, and Danny was 140 Lineal at one time. What they offered Swift Garcia wasn't what they gave Khan.

Swift Garcia is a 5 million minimum and the PPV upside. Crawford and Bomac years before wanted Danny Garcia on PPV.

Comment

Wrong, all offers go to the promoter and PBC fighters are self promoted...look it up. 2nd, Al Haymon is technically and an advisor and if he started negotiating out in the open he would be in violation of the Ali act. The back ally offer was never back ally, it was a real acknowledged offer to Garcia senior...Garcia said so in an interview. After Danny's team decided not to act on it they needed a reason and came up with the back ally label. As for more than 1 million yes, Danny will get a cut of the tickets and make about 1.5, total... if he's lucky. PBC fighters don't make as much guaranteed money, not even close, they get a cut of the ticket sales and PPV. The problem, unless you are Maywether, Pac or Canelo...tickets and PPV are crap. Mikey Garcia drew big tickets because he was a credible guy. Unfortunately his honest guy persona took a giant hit after the Spence performance. Everyone that paid for that fight saw Mikey just try to survive and not win. I understand why Mikey made the fight but I think the price was steep.

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                      1st, i agree with your assessment that Danny will fight tomato cans if he can qnd wait for the big fights like Thurman to cash in. 2nd, PBC fighters get paid MUCH more than the disclosed purse amount, so best believe Danny got more than $1mil for granados. 3rd, it's unfair to say Danny could've countered the offer when it was a back alley offer. Everyone knows all offer should go to Al and his team for all PBC fighters, not their trainers. Arum never put a legit offer in for Danny.

Comment

Working...
                      X