Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime for prime who wins in a fight between golovkin and martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    Jacobs struggled with the same level guys (or even lower-level guys) than Martinez did

if Golovkin cannot beat Jacobs cleanly, hard to imagine him beating Martinez

No he didn't. Hard to imagine a guy getting koed by margarito going 12 with cintron, getting a gift decision against murray, and struggling with welterweights even lasting 3 rds against ggg.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
      No he dosen't. He has problems with elite counter punchers that can fight on the inside like canelo.
      Nelo handled GGG on the outside as well. Judges thought GGG's jab = everything Nelo did

It is a fine jab, tbh.

Imho, GGG would feed himself to Marvella. PRIME FOR PRIME. But if you want to match GGG with a non elite guy, go ahead.

Comment

Golovkin KO's him.
        Martinez had one good knockout over williams and every numbskull thinks he is the next terminator.......martinez wouod get KO'ed within 5 rounds by golovkin......thats why he ducked him for so long right ?

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
          LOL you obviously never watched the Cintron fight.

He did not get a gift against Murray. You can say Murray won, but you can also say Martinez won. It was close fight and once again, obviously not in his prime.
          LOl. GGG past his prime eats up Murray level opponents. There's nothing I saw different in the way martinez fights against murray and chavez jr than how he fought pavlik. It was the same martinez against bigger opposition. He never had much power at mw.
          Last edited by satiev1; 04-21-2019, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Tail end of the career. The thread question was prime for prime. For me that places Martinez at the First Pavlik or Second Pwill fight and places Golovkin at the Lemieux fight.

Martinez wins in that matchup, but hey, my opinion. You're free to have yours, but Martinez not fighting Golovkin at the end of his career is irrelevant to the thread topic.
            Hmm you must of missed reading the post I responded to. The poster was saying that Golovkin ducked Martinez which is not true. I was pointing that out to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
              Nelo handled GGG on the outside as well. Judges thought GGG's jab = everything Nelo did

It is a fine jab, tbh.

Imho, GGG would feed himself to Marvella. PRIME FOR PRIME. But if you want to match GGG with a non elite guy, go ahead.
              Strongly disagree. There's no one martinez beat that shows me he can even last 6 rds against ggg. When you get koed by margarito and draw with cintron. LOL.

Comment

LOl. GGG past his prime eats up Murray level opponents.
                Ehh, so did Pavlik, still lost to Martinez.

Comment

LOL you obviously never watched the Cintron fight.

He did not get a gift against Murray. You can say Murray won, but you can also say Martinez won. It was close fight and once again, obviously not in his prime.
                  You are fogetting that in the fight against Murray there was a clear knocked down in favor of Murray and the corruot referee did not count it.

Comment

Strongly disagree. There's no one martinez beat that shows me he can even last 6 rds against ggg. When you get koed by margarito and draw with cintron. LOL.
                    He beat Pavlik. GGG is just another Pavlik, prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      Hmm you must of missed reading the post I responded to. The poster was saying that Golovkin ducked Martinez which is not true. I was pointing that out to him.
                      Fair enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X