Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on your ATG list? Lennox Lewis or Floyd Mayweather Jr.?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
    Rivals ali in terms of winning the heavyweight title 3 times , olympic champion , retired after beating every opponent he ever faced , beat tyson , holyfield , klitchcko, golota , morrison ,mercer, tua , briggs , and bowe in the amateurs , didnt pay fighters to wear pillow gloves in maidana , didny have vegas and NSAC In his pocket and didnt get lucky with with favoured results against castillo or maidana 1 ......so for me lewis wins this wanted the best and boxed the best in there orime and the ones he didnt either gave up there belts or refused to face him.
    Lewis also was in a division where really one shot clean puts your lights out
    Lennox Lewis defended Mayweather in that situation and said he chose what gloves his opponents would wear numerous times.

Also got a lucky decision over Ray Mercer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      Lennox was a real fighter who always wanted to fight the best. He was ducked by Bowe, Holyfield, Tyson, Foreman and Moorer for years. Only Holyfield and Tyson faced their fears and fought him.
      This is true.... It's not his fault they were afraid of him.

Tyson fresh out of prison didn't want a anything to do with Lennox and thus step aside money was paid. He knew he was going to get a thorough azz beating.

What's ironic is he probably took more punishment when he finally fought him then he would have if he wasn't such a coward in the 90s.

Comment

Floyd is the best fighter I have seen since RJJ. RJJ is the best fighter I have seen in my lifetime.

So I gotta go with Floyd.

But mad respect to Lewis. He was incredibly talented. In fact, I'd back the best version of Lewis against just about any other heavyweight in history.

The problem is making sure you get the best version of Lewis. If he had the same kind of focus and discipline that Floyd had, then he might not have lost those fights.

Comment

Obviously Lewis, Mayweather wouldn't last a single round with Lennox.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Lennox Lewis defended Mayweather in that situation and said he chose what gloves his opponents would wear numerous times.

Also got a lucky decision over Ray Mercer.
            wasn’t lucky it was a fight that could have gone either way and was a razor thin decision unlike the Castillo 1st fight and the gloves regarding show me where Lewis refused to fight if the gloves were not changed and bear in mind the gloves were already approved NSAC for the 2nd fight against Mayweather...Mayweather then agreed to pay extra to maidana for wearing pillow gloves...show me the link where Lewis chose the opponents gloves and also agreed with Mayweather..you are making this up I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
              hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
              How can this even be a question? Mayweather is the greatest of all time. Numbers don't lie. The best there is the best there was and the best there will ever be.

Comment

Floyd ranks higher P4P, Lennow ranks at the top of all the heavyweights, and that's very good too.

Comment

Floyd.....Lewis would need better wins for those KO losses to be overlooked vs Floyd career

Comment

thing is that a lot of people did this jumping around divisions picking up a title, and although its a great thing to do, they arent all better than lennox, who crushed his entire division singlehanded.

the opposing argument is that May was the Prince of jumping divisions, to an extent few others replicated.

Lennox did truly rule though. There is no question he faced all and beat them, avoiding noone, which cannot be said of Floyd.
                    Last edited by DreamFighter; 04-20-2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                      wasn’t lucky it was a fight that could have gone either way and was a razor thin decision unlike the Castillo 1st fight and the gloves regarding show me where Lewis refused to fight if the gloves were not changed and bear in mind the gloves were already approved NSAC for the 2nd fight against Mayweather...Mayweather then agreed to pay extra to maidana for wearing pillow gloves...show me the link where Lewis chose the opponents gloves and also agreed with Mayweather..you are making this up I reckon
                      The first Castillo fight was razor thin and could have gone either way. Exactly the same scenario as Lewis-Mercer.

Lennox Lewis put on his twitter at the time of the glove fiasco with Mayweather and Maidana that he chose his opponents gloves all the time. There were multiple threads on here about it. That actually happened whether you believe it or not. As if I'd make something like that up Ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                      X