Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Gennady Golovkin an all time great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG Momentum died when HBO Boxing Died it is weird actually. I still like GGG, very good fighter and I think he had a fun and entertaining career BUT at one time people on this forum, Jim Lampley and Writers/Reporters was ready to call him "The Greatest Middleweight Of All Time". Over the likes of Ray Robinson (WTF? ), Marvin Hagler, James Toney, Carlos Monzon, Harry Greb, Gene Fullmer, Bernard Hopkins, Michael Nunn just to name a few...

Was extremely Absurd now looking back but that is not to disrespect GGG in anyway, like I said he was dominant for his ERA but unfortunately his ERA just wasn't that good and it didn't start to improve until now in which he is clearly towards the end of it

A strong finish is still possible, stop wasting time on guys like Vanes and Steve Rolls and instead fight Andrade and try to take his WBO strap then unify with the winner of Canelo vs Jacobs. That can put him back on track for All Time Great for sure!

Comment

Not an ATG, but he is certainly as good or better than Canelo, so wherever you rate Alvarez, GGG should be tied in the ranking at the least.

Comment

Hell no not even close he don't have the resume and he only accomplished one weight class at 37 years old career

Comment

Better middleweight reign than Hopkins GTFOH are you high

Comment

You need to not ever watch boxing again

Comment

Not remotely. I think there’s only one active all-time great and as much as people think he sucks it’s Pacquaio. I think Crawford and Lomachenko have the ability to become all-time greats as do Usyk and Inoue if things fall into place (like competion, longevity, dominance). Not Golovkin IMO even though like most I felt he beat Canelo twice. I don’t rate Canelo particularly highly.

Comment

No he's not. I can't think of one signature win for him. I know he got the decision over Jacobs but it wasn't decisive. Some people thought he lost. He didn't beat Canelo officially.

He had a good run at MW but now it seems like his career is in limbo and he still has a few years left.

Unless you're a die hard Golovkin fan his name won't roll off your tongue years from now.

Comment

A bit of a subjective rating...but no. He may very well end up in the hof.

Comment

ATG's beat other ATG's. Not that I think Canelo is an ATG now, he may end up one. Had GGG crushed Canelo in either fight he would at least be in the conversation. But otherwise, a very good MW with a decent resume and a great run, but ATG.....no.

Comment

Not even close to ATG he is a solid A grade middleweight.

ATG gets thrown around to easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X