Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: No Surprise if Loma Don't Face Me, Goes To 130

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    How did l0m0 build his resume & name to have a title shot in his "2nd" pro fight?
    Um, do you know anything at all about Lomachenko?

I'll help you out.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=vassily+lomache...+boxing+record

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
      If I was Loma I would get this fight and destroy that kid. I like tea, but come on, he hasn't fought anyone with a live pulse.
      l0m0 lost his "2nd" pro fight for a title shot against someone who was defeated 12 times.

Comment

l0m0 is a nobody when he had a title shot in his "2nd" pro fight.
        valid point. But Lopez SHOULD get a title shot, he just doesn't deserve an immediate shot at the best in the division.

Furthermore, Loma was already recognized for his achievements on the world stage 3 times. He entered boxing and everyone knew his pedigree. He demanded a title shot early, before he even signed his TR contract.

Comment

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
          Teófimo Andrés López Rivera (born 30 July 1997) is a Honduran-American professional boxer in the lightweight division. He competed in the men's lightweight event at the 2016 Summer Olympics, representing Honduras, where he was defeated in the first round by eventual silver medalist Sofiane Oumiha.

Not on LOMA’s Level. Boy gonna go to school and get grade A azz whoopin’
          l0m0 isn't on Salido's level.

Comment

How did l0m0 build his resume & name to have a title shot in his "2nd" pro fight?
            Over 350 amateurs fights 1 loss
            2 gold medals at the olympics
            The highest IQ boxing has ever seen combined with impecable foot work.
            Besides the salido hiccup! Saludos a CD OBREGON SON. Loma got better by the fight!

Comment

Originally posted by TreJac View Post
              Bingo! You don't have to beat the best to be the best anymore! Just cater to your fan base and they will spread the word for you!
              Why do you guys act like this is new? They did it way back then also, its just different methods today.

Comment

Originally posted by MickG View Post
                It's these kind of comments that make American Fighters look bad. I like watching Lopez, he's fun and exciting in the ring, but this kind of disrespect is what's wrong with American boxing at the moment. At the moment Lopez hasn't done enough to lace up Lomachenko's gloves never mind fight him.
                You guys are on the Twinky Movement. l0m0 lost his "2nd" pro fight for a title shot. Teo should get one against l0m0 too.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                  Well said. This is it in a nutshell. Everything else is just noise for the haters. He's building his name off of no wins and Loma's name, that's wild imo but hey he is a talent and I think that's why he's able to get away with it and not get treated as harshly as someone else with the same resume but less athletic ability would. Yes, he dictates a lot for a guy who has no negotiating power, but clearly many are fooled because their agenda controls their emotions.

I'm not trying to sound like a hater, I actually like Lopez. He's probably in my top 10-15 must see fighters. I just think real fans keep it standard - the loudest mouth shouldn't just get the big fights, then wtf is the point of a resume?
                  Yeah, I like him and think he has good potential. He's still very raw though IMO and I just think it's a total mismatch facing the best boxer pound for pound. It's different than Lomachenko fighting Salido and Russell because they weren't as good as what Loma is today and despite people saying amateur doesn't mean anything a 396-1 2x gold medal winner may be slightly better than a failed 1st round Olympian with a 150-20 record.

What I think is that people are acting like they are demanding it and want to see if but expecting/not wanting it to not happen but if it does happen in the next 12-18 months they will be disappointed because Lopez will just be loading up his shots after a round or two and will get completely shut down and schooled and then the usual "Loma cherry picked", "Lopez was too young", "He's not fought anybody credible", He's ducking " etc; We've been here before. Boxing fans are very petty and will never give credit once their mind is made up. They'll drop a fighter the moment he loses but they'll never give credit to one they hate. The hate is stronger than the support.

Comment

maybe loma should just fight this guy next, teo and his fans would be like wtf, thats weird

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      Yeah, I like him and think he has good potential. He's still very raw though IMO and I just think it's a total mismatch facing the best boxer pound for pound. It's different than Lomachenko fighting Salido and Russell because they weren't as good as what Loma is today and despite people saying amateur doesn't mean anything a 396-1 2x gold medal winner may be slightly better than a failed 1st round Olympian with a 150-20 record.

What I think is that people are acting like they are demanding it and want to see if but expecting/not wanting it to not happen but if it does happen in the next 12-18 months they will be disappointed because Lopez will just be loading up his shots after a round or two and will get completely shut down and schooled and then the usual "Loma cherry picked", "Lopez was too young", "He's not fought anybody credible", He's ducking " etc; We've been here before. Boxing fans are very petty and will never give credit once their mind is made up. They'll drop a fighter the moment he loses but they'll never give credit to one they hate. The hate is stronger than the support.
                      They've already forgotten how much they demanded the Russel, Rigo, Walters, Linares fights haha. The Rigo fight stands out most bc the hate Loma was getting for not fighting Rigo always seemed so strange to me...I still can't make any sense of it years later.

Comment

Working...
                      X