Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: By The Time I Fight Wilder - I'll Be Luis Ortiz's Age

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
    What’s the point. You’re a smart man who can understand all sorts of things when it benefits you. Why fight for a secondary mandatory position when you’re the number one anyway. Why not fight for more money and wait for a proper final eliminator to be called. In terms of timescales to getting your title shot, it makes no difference anyway. I’d tell the wbc to eat a **** as well.
    Why does the truth seem like an attack to some? Its a fact that if Whyte fought Ortiz and won, he'd be guaranteed to be the mando after Wilder Breazeale. Instead, he chose money fights versus Parker and Chisora. Fair call in the world of prize fighting. However, my view is after you make that decision, you forfeit the right to complain. I would have rather he petitioned the WBC to order an eliminator between he and Breazeale the minute Wilder Fury was sanctioned (remember Ortiz called him out to fight on the undercard).

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
      Why does the truth seem like an attack to some? Its a fact that if Whyte fought Ortiz and won, he'd be guaranteed to be the mando after Wilder Breazeale. Instead, he chose money fights versus Parker and Chisora. Fair call in the world of prize fighting. However, my view is after you make that decision, you forfeit the right to complain. I would have rather he petitioned the WBC to order an eliminator between he and Breazeale the minute Wilder Fury was sanctioned (remember Ortiz called him out to fight on the undercard).
      No one is calling it an attack. I’m saying it’s not logical. The same way you can understand the logic behind wilder not accepting 100 million I’m sure you can use that objective head to understand why whyte would turn down a SECONDARY mandatory fight when he’s already the number one contender.

Bear in mind that fight would’ve been December, it’s april and this mandatory still hasn’t been satisfied. Whyte would need to wait another year before that’s ordered. Given the rate wilder fights mandatories what incentive does whyte have to fight for a secondary position? He already said he had no issues with fighting a final eliminator against Ortiz.

When the time comes for the wbc to order a final mandatory whyte will be one of those fighters. Why fight Ortiz when there’s bigger money fights available. You can try to pretend to not understand that as much as you want but if this was one of your fighters in this situation I know damn sure you’d get it.

Also, the wbc ordered him vs breazle for the interim title when the wbc ordered fury vs wilder. The wbc ****ed themselves naming breazle the mandatory they know damn well that wasn’t right, that’s why they couldn’t order whyte vs breazle as a final eliminator because breazle was already they mando at that point which is why they had to make it for the interim title instead.

Comment

If Ortiz is so old why is Shyte so scared to fight him?

Winning that fight would give him a clear path to Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
          Dillian Whyte speaks in a similar vibe to Wilder. Where as alot of Boxers have their game face when needed and just themselves the rest of the time some fighters just seem to be game face all the time, all talk is smack talk.

To be honest ive sorta lost track with all thats gone on with Whyte and his standing in the WBC rankings. I know he is ranked number 1, i thought he had already fought a final eliminator for Wilders belt. But im sure Breazeale was placed as next mandatory before Whyte got the number 1 spot and if im right there cant be any complaints towards the American getting his shot before Whyte does.

If the WBC have called for Whyte v Ortiz for the final eliminator then Whyte should take it. Hes had enough smack talk to throw at the Cuban so back it up. But then i heard Ortiz offered to do the fight on Wilders undercard for pennies and Dillian was offering Ortiz a top of the bill PPV fight in the UK for Millions and Ortiz wanted to be on a PBC undercard for pennies. Whats that about? If that is true who really ducked who?
          Ortiz inquired about the Wilder Fury undercard fight. Whyte/Hearn flat out said no, but countered with the idea of Oriz coming to the UK. Ortiz said sure, send me the contract. Whyte/Hearn did not bring up Ortiz name again. They just went back to negotiating with Chisora after talks had stopped. If that fight happens, and he wins, there is no need complain today because he'd be the next mando.

Comment

No one is calling it an attack. I’m saying it’s not logical. The same way you can understand the logic behind wilder not accepting 100 million I’m sure you can use that objective head to understand why whyte would turn down a SECONDARY mandatory fight when he’s already the number one contender.

Bear in mind that fight would’ve been December, it’s april and this mandatory still hasn’t been satisfied. Whyte would need to wait another year before that’s ordered. Given the rate wilder fights mandatories what incentive does whyte have to fight for a secondary position? He already said he had no issues with fighting a final eliminator against Ortiz.

When the time comes for the wbc to order a final mandatory whyte will be one of those fighters. Why fight Ortiz when there’s bigger money fights available. You can try to pretend to not understand that as much as you want but if this was one of your fighters in this situation I know damn sure you’d get it.

Also, the wbc ordered him vs breazle for the interim title when the wbc ordered fury vs wilder. The wbc ****ed themselves naming breazle the mandatory they know damn well that wasn’t right, that’s why they couldn’t order whyte vs breazle as a final eliminator because breazle was already they mando at that point which is why they had to make it for the interim title instead.
            Dude, did you not read me say it was fair game in the world of prize fighting to choose the money fights?

Comment

Right now Whyte is petitioning the WBC to gurantee him mando status after the Wilder Breazeale fight so it appears he is willing to continue to pursue it and wait (the mando would be ordered before a calendar year has passed). As far as Breazeale being mando, he's been that since Nov 2017 and accepted step money to allow Wilder Fury. The WBC was showing deference to Whyte in ordering the eliminator when they mandated Fury as Wilder's next opponent. Their rules allow for them to mandate rematches so Breazeale had no room to argue. The interim title label, was per the WBC, a carrot for Breazeale since they screwed him over by ordering the rematch, it was also a carrot to Whyte to accept the eliminator bout. When Fury welshed to take that ESPN deal, the WBC simply reset the clock to the conditions before Wilder Fury voluntary. The biggest prob Whyte had was he thought that because he was #1 contender that he was guaranteed the mando spot, which the WBC rules explicitly state the #1 contender is NOT mando. Poor management on Hearn's part because he kept saying it in the media incorrectly.

Comment

makes 0 sense, wilder is 2 years older then Whyte

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  whytes resume is much better than ortizs or breazeles so earning it has nothing to do with it. its all politics. pbc wanted to steer wilder away from whyte and they used their political power to do it and set wilder up for a fight against breazele who is also pbc. remember wilder-stirverne 2? stirverne had one fight in 3 years against a journeyman and some thought he lost. title shot for him!
                  Wider's fans can't admit that he manages to avoid fighters that are actually dangerous enough to beat him. Ortiz and Fury are as close as he's come. But the former is old and the latter had been out of the game, eating, drinking and drugging for nearly three years. Yet they both gave him difficulty. I hope Breazeale dedicates himself and shocks the world.
                  Last edited by SUBZER0ED; 04-16-2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Either that or you being in a car crash to give Deontay confidence. We all know how he works.

Comment

Originally posted by giant_king View Post
                      All dillian does is complain complain.u have to earn it buddy.you don't earn it by fighting has beens in your own back yard fighting fellow Brit chisora.you don't earn it by fighting Joshua left overs fighting Parker.then fighting a sloppy overweight joke like Browne
                      Bermain Stiverne and Wilder earned their shots at the title did they? Haha.

Whyte has a better resume than Wilder does even now. So yeah, he's done more to earn a title shot than anybody else. You just don't want the fight fore obvious reasons. Wilder is scared of getting knocked out by him, and you're scared for him. Wilder knows he can't win otherwise he would have taken the 7 Mill he asked for. But we all know Wilder is the biggest coward in boxing and picks his opponents with care. Whyte is too much for him. And you know it.

Comment

Working...
                      X