Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Jacobs Fight Will Be Difficult Until I Impose My Style

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacobs knows going in that the judges won't be on his side.

So he better not try to just scrape by in a close one. He has to leave no doubt about who the rightful winner is.

Jacobs needs to grab on to this opportunity with both hands and put in the performance of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      Jacobs needs to come out swinging and hit this guy often, frequently and repeatedly all over his body in order to weaken him. He has to bum rush him early.

It's the only way for Jacobs to win. He has to knock Canelo out. No feints, no footwork or boxing; Just slugging it out and he has the natural ability and punching power in order to do it.

If it gets into a scientific, thinking and technical boxing match up then Jacobs either loses by decision or TKO.
      Canelo has stamina issues so I think if Jacobs carries him at a fast pace he can break him down and stop him/KO him later in the fight.

Thing is though Jacob's chin is suspect so in the first five/six rounds he could get dropped or even stopped by Canelo fighting at that pace.

If however he were to survive that first six rounds dropped or not while fighting at that unforgiving pace, then the advantage would be on him from then on and he could then start to beat down and stop Canelo.

Easier said that done though. Jacobs has that chin and I'm not really sure his stamina is that high itself, though it is definitely higher than Canelo's.

Comment

Jacobs is a 12 round fighter, that chance might not come Mr Canelo.

Comment

clenelo using his paid off judges once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
            4 to 1 is crazy imo...Jacobs is going to take that money and lay down for Canelo and scream rematch..
            Originally posted by Gillie View Post
            4 to 1 favorite? That's ridiculous. This one is going to be close as hell.
            Its not crazy when u look at the trend of canelos scorecards lol, jacobs doesnt have a hope of winning on the cards

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
              Canelo has stamina issues so I think if Jacobs carries him at a fast pace he can break him down and stop him/KO him later in the fight.

Thing is though Jacob's chin is suspect so in the first five/six rounds he could get dropped or even stopped by Canelo fighting at that pace.

If however he were to survive that first six rounds dropped or not while fighting at that unforgiving pace, then the advantage would be on him from then on and he could then start to beat down and stop Canelo.

Easier said that done though. Jacobs has that chin and I'm not really sure his stamina is that high itself, though it is definitely higher than Canelo's.
              I agree. You make a very excellent point. Have you noticed that each time Jacobs have been down he has always gotten up; Even in the Pirog fight?

The referee stopped the bout just as Jacobs was about to get up. It was very similar to the Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder fight. Fury Paused for several seconds before he can regather himself to get up in order to beat the count and the referee allowed him a chance to beat the count.

However referee Robert Byrd discontinued the count, once Daniel Jacobs hit the canvas without so much as giving him a ten count which wasn't fair in my judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post

I agree. You make a very excellent point. Have you noticed that each time Jacobs have been down he has always gotten up; Even in the Pirog fight?

The referee stopped the bout just as Jacobs was about to get up. It was very similar to the Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder fight. Fury Paused for seconds before he can regather himself to get up in order to beat the count and the referee allowed him to get up before beating the count.

However referee Robert Byrd discontinued the count, once Daniel Jacobs hit the canvas without so much as giving him a ten count which wasn't fair in my judgement. In a very hotly contested and highly competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
                  Jacobs can’t win close dec.Like GGG fight he will be dropped this time by a counter right. Also will spend too much time on bike defensive. Will not do enough risk it. Will lose 8-4 or get stopped.
                  exactly. he will go down a couple of times then out. if the old guy GGG dropped him the much younger canelo will do it more

Comment

Since we know Canelo's team paid off the judge, fight ruff with him. Dirty Box the **** outta him and put your weight on him and tire him out.

Comment

Jacobs will look decent early but once he gets countered to hell he’ll be in survival mode just trying to avoid getting KTFO.
                      Then he and all the Cash Cow Canelo haters can cry robbery and then hype up the next guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X