Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derevyanchenko Edges Culcay in Tough Fight To Win Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Derevyanchenko Edges Culcay in Tough Fight To Win Eliminator

Minneapolis Armory, Minneapolis - In an IBF final middleweight eliminator, Sergiy Derevyanchenko (13-1, 10 KOs) won a very tough twelve round unanimous decision over Jack Culcay (25-3, 13 KOs). The scores were 116-112, 116-112 and 115-113 for Derevyanchenko.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Man Dervy is not as good as I thought and Culcay maybe a little better. He didn't look bad in there.

I didn't 100% score it round by round but I thought Culcay was ahead and I was more or less giving him more rounds than Dervy. Only clear round for Dervy I can recall was number 12. And Culcay noticeably hurt him a few times and somehow appeared to have more pop on his punches throughout imo.

Dervy gets KOd by Canelo or GGG imo. That Jacobs couldn't KO him does have me wondering if that GGG fight took a lot out of Danny and I wonder if he is about to be fish food for Canelo.

Good fight but terrible commentating (Charlo was fine, the other two/three were trash) and the scorecards were awful. Good close fight but I thought Culcay was pretty clearly the better man and no way Dervy deserved 8 rounds.

Comment

Very dissapointing performance by Derev. I expected much more from the man who was allegedly ducked by GGG

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
        Very dissapointing performance by Derev. I expected much more from the man who was allegedly ducked by GGG
        GGG ducked no one. derevenchenko would have gotten destroyed!

Comment

Culcay is underrated. Didn't you guys see his fight with Andrade?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            Man Dervy is not as good as I thought and Culcay maybe a little better. He didn't look bad in there.

I didn't 100% score it round by round but I thought Culcay was ahead and I was more or less giving him more rounds than Dervy. Only clear round for Dervy I can recall was number 12. And Culcay noticeably hurt him a few times and somehow appeared to have more pop on his punches throughout imo.

Dervy gets KOd by Canelo or GGG imo. That Jacobs couldn't KO him does have me wondering if that GGG fight took a lot out of Danny and I wonder if he is about to be fish food for Canelo.

Good fight but terrible commentating (Charlo was fine, the other two/three were trash) and the scorecards were awful. Good close fight but I thought Culcay was pretty clearly the better man and no way Dervy deserved 8 rounds.
            I never bought the hype, said it from the beginning. Derv is nothing special but a good fighter.

Anyway, Holloway vs Poirier is starting

Comment

This is the same guy that half the clowns on this forum said GGG was ducking?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                This is the same guy that half the clowns on this forum said GGG was ducking?
                He did duck him though. GGG specifically gave up his belt to avoid him. Derevianchenko is a really good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                  He did duck him though. GGG specifically gave up his belt to avoid him. Derevianchenko is a really good fighter.
                  He didn’t give up no belt. He did not fight Derev and was stripped of it. That same belt Jacobs decided not to compete for when he totally skipped the rehydration limit against GGG... And Canelo, there was one who vacated a belt to avoid GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                    He didn’t give up no belt. He did not fight Derev and was stripped of it. That same belt Jacobs decided not to compete for when he totally skipped the rehydration limit against GGG... And Canelo, there was one who vacated a belt to avoid GGG.
                    okay but he still refused to fight him and fought Vanes instead.

Comment

Working...
                    X