Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you remain a fan or stop being a fan of Antonio Margarito once caught cheating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    My argument is they found nothing illegal in his wraps, how did you kill that? Tell me what they found.
    It doesn’t matter i they found bricks in his wrap you still wouldn’t admit you were wrong. Just because you say it wasn’t nothing in there doesn’t mean it’s true.

They were inspected multiple time and they found plaster like substance nestled tightly inside the usual tape on the fighter's fists.

1-C117-D00-6-B7-D-4376-B2-F2-CCE0-E8-FB7726

He knew not to challenge it in court. Instead he will always be remembered as a cheater

Comment

https://www.******.com/120715-margar...s-were-loaded/

The hand wraps worn by Antonio Margarito before his fight against Shane Mosley on Jan. 24 in Los Angeles contained calcium and sulfur, two ingredients of plaster of Paris, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The Times cited a report from a California Department of Justice laboratory dated March 19
      I don't get how there is an argument...

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
        It doesn’t matter i they found bricks in his wrap you still wouldn’t admit you were wrong. Just because you say it wasn’t nothing in there doesn’t mean it’s true.

They were inspected multiple time and they found plaster like substance nestled tightly inside the usual tape on the fighter's fists.

1-C117-D00-6-B7-D-4376-B2-F2-CCE0-E8-FB7726

He knew not to challenge it in court. Instead he will always be remembered as a cheater
        Your whole argument is he was banned so he must of had something. But they were tested and found nothing illegal in them. So your argument is bull****. I won't admit i'm wrong because i am not.

"They say he's guilty, so he is" = a simpletons argument, are you a simpleton?

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          https://www.******.com/120715-margar...s-were-loaded/

I don't get how there is an argument...
          There'd be more than "trace" amounts if he had plaster of paris in them. A lump of plaster doesn't have "trace" amounts.

Comment

Your whole argument is he was banned so he must of had something. But they were tested and found nothing illegal in them. So your argument is bull****. I won't admit i'm wrong because i am not.

"They say he's guilty, so he is" = a simpletons argument, are you a simpleton?
            No that’s not my whole argument you just keep trying to skip over the facts that hurt your argument. Nice try though. I’ll break it down for you since you have a hard time reading.

Plaster was found

Trainer apologized

Other members of team said it was something fishy with the gauze.

Trainer said Margarito team should also take responsibility

They were suspended for a year.

Didn’t fight the suspension.

Robbie Barrett after reading all this.
            “Just because he was suspended doesn’t mean anything” Lmaooooooo

“They say he's guilty, so he is“

Yes Robbie that’s how things work in America and every other civilized country.
            That’s why they give you the option to take it to court. Any innocent person would of without a doubt took it to court.
            Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 04-11-2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

There'd be more than "trace" amounts if he had plaster of paris in them. A lump of plaster doesn't have "trace" amounts.
              And you know this how? What certifications do you have to make a statement like that? You’re embarrassing yourself badly. How would there be more if they only used very small amounts? So if you test positive for traces of EPO you’re innocent according to your logic

Comment

Most dinners have traces of calcium and sulfur are you eating plaster of paris?
                Correct you are. Also in many hand creams
                instacart.com/whole-foods/products/181750-awakening-dead-sea-minerals-hand-cream-3-38-fl-oz

I think his trainer was not forthright in using the old wrap, but it doesn't mean Margo knew of any improprieties.
                For those who want to throw him under the bus..think a little deeper...how would that help Margo? In the Resto case, the padding was pulled out which meant more damage to Resto. Margo had full padding. Inspector Guevara said it was a ' harder in certain areas than it should be for pure guaze'. He didn't say it felt like a rock. Like hard plastic. Like steel. It was a sweat-crusted cloth that was a little harder than the brand new gauze.

If you have ever hit on a heavy bag..could you imagine putting something hard on your knuckles? What would feel it first--your knuckle, 1/8 of an inch away with a little bit of gauze protecting you, or the opponent, between another 1/4 inch of guaze...and an inch of the actual boxing glove itself?

Simple physics lets you know that your knuckle would receive more damage than your opponent, because you would have to punch with more force to get the hardened material to the surface of the glove than your hand could withstand. This isn't brass knuckles, where the metal connects directly to the person you are punching.

Regardless, it knocked him off his pedestal for me. They did say those ingredients were used in plenty of hand creams and salves..but I didn't see testimony where they produced the salves that were used.

Comment

No that’s not my whole argument you just keep trying to skip over the facts that hurt your argument. Nice try though. I’ll break it down for you since you have a hard time reading.

Plaster was found

Trainer apologized

Other members of team said it was something fishy with the gauze.

Trainer said Margarito team should also take responsibility

They were suspended for a year.

Didn’t fight the suspension.

Robbie Barrett after reading all this.
                  “Just because he was suspended doesn’t mean anything” Lmaooooooo

“They say he's guilty, so he is“

Yes Robbie that’s how things work in America and every other civilized country.
                  That’s why they give you the option to take it to court. Any innocent person would of without a doubt took it to court.
                  No plaster wasn't found. You fell at the first hurdle. Trace amounts of ingredients found in plaster were found. Very common ingredients found everywhere. You can't make plaster out of trace amounts.

No it isn't how it works, there was no trial, nobody proved anything.

Comment

And you know this how? What certifications do you have to make a statement like that? You’re embarrassing yourself badly. How would there be more if they only used very small amounts? So if you test positive for traces of EPO you’re innocent according to your logic
                    Because plaster is made of those ingredients, it can't be plaster if there's only trace amounts.

Comment

No plaster wasn't found. You fell at the first hurdle. Trace amounts of ingredients found in plaster were found. Very common ingredients found everywhere. You can't make plaster out of trace amounts.

No it isn't how it works, there was no trial, nobody proved anything.

Just because YOU say it doesn’t mean it’s true. I’m going to take ESPN and The CSAC word over some blogger who is constantly getting owned. Im sorry I made a mistake it was Plaster AND illegal padding. He was found guilty 7-0.

Comment

Working...
                      X