Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Hearn Doesn't Know D*ck About Promoting In The U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn!

I actually hope Crolla pulls the upset, I'm more tired of Arum's bullshyt than Eddie's.

Loma is gonna smoke him doe...

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      Matchroom cards in the US have struggled to sell tickets and they have had stupid undercard fight orders leading to fans showing up for the 3rd undercard then leaving after that and you have a main event with half the crowd size you had originally. Fights in the wrong cities. Hearn also has too many US dates and not enough fighters to fill the cards that's why you seeing more and more Golden boy using Matchroom air time to send their fights.

Might as well just give all the DAZN US dates to Golden boy who are much better promoters in the US, understand the regions and how to fill out a card so fans stick around. The best cards best atmosphere wise has been Golden Boy cards. The best fights competitive wise on DAZN have been fights Golden Boy matchmakers have made. DAZN is lucky as phuk that HBO closed shop and they got Canelo and Golden Boy, then got them GGG because Hearn couldn't deliver the fighters to sign with Matchroom. Let Matchroom keep all their UK DAZN dates and just make Golden Boy the US promoter.
      Aint gonna happen until Matchroom is literally hemorrhaging green in the US and they haven't hit that point yet- nor will they anytime soon with DAZN just tossing money at them.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Arum: Hearn Doesn't Know D*ck About Promoting In The U.S.

Just because Bob Arum is doing business with Eddie Hearn this week and is in discussion for a collaboration in the future, it doesn't mean he'll pass on the opportunity to take a shot at his promotional rival. The pair of veteran promoters join forces for Friday's ESPN+ card in Los Angeles, topped by unified lightweight titlist Vasiliy Lomachenko's mandatory defense versus England's Anthony Crolla. Lomachenko is promoted by Arum, while Crollas has long fought under Hearn's Matchroom Boxing banner in England.
        [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

No, he doesn't. He doesn't understand the business model of American boxing. For example: In the U.K. More than two thirds of the boxing revenue is generated at the gate.

In the U.S. More than 80-90 percent of the revenue is generated through television or on an online streaming app because boxing is a niche sport here. It is no longer mainstream. That is why you found all of these empty arenas on DAZN.

Comment

He really doesn't.

He thought he'd come here, splash some money around, and get everyone to jump on the bandwagon.

Comment

The bobfather really is smiling. Say what u want, the old man has promoted the best till this day.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                Matchroom cards in the US have struggled to sell tickets and they have had stupid undercard fight orders leading to fans showing up for the 3rd undercard then leaving after that and you have a main event with half the crowd size you had originally. Fights in the wrong cities. Hearn also has too many US dates and not enough fighters to fill the cards that's why you seeing more and more Golden boy using Matchroom air time to send their fights.

Might as well just give all the DAZN US dates to Golden boy who are much better promoters in the US, understand the regions and how to fill out a card so fans stick around. The best cards best atmosphere wise has been Golden Boy cards. The best fights competitive wise on DAZN have been fights Golden Boy matchmakers have made. DAZN is lucky as phuk that HBO closed shop and they got Canelo and Golden Boy, then got them GGG because Hearn couldn't deliver the fighters to sign with Matchroom. Let Matchroom keep all their UK DAZN dates and just make Golden Boy the US promoter.
                Agree on GBP having better rep'd DAZN than Matchroom so far.

I think letting Eddie play in the US is fine so idk about taking away his dates & giving them to GBP, but if DAZN is smart I think you gotta make GBP the bigger player with the bigger stack of money sooner or later unless Eddie can not only grab ahold of the wheel & get back on course, but sign some big names + bring Joshua to the US once a year at least. If Eddie isn't doing that he should be the secondary guy.

And from reading, learning more about this Skipper guy & hearing him on a couple podcasts he seems like a pretty straight forward guy who'll be doing just that if Eddie doesn't start showing results soon.

Comment

Arum knows what he means too he was once 4 inches strong. However he is rapidly decreasing with age.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    No, he doesn't. He doesn't understand the business model of American boxing. For example: In the U.K. More than two thirds of the boxing revenue is generated at the gate.

In the U.S. More than 80-90 percent of the revenue is generated through television or on an online streaming app because boxing is a niche sport here. It is no longer mainstream. That is why you found all of these empty arenas on DAZN.
                    I've mentioned this myself a couple times cuz it seems like such a basic piece of knowledge a promoter entering a new market should know. It says to me Eddie flies by the seat of his pants more than one would think. Now the question is did this enlightening info make him deep dive into more things he's behind on the learning curve about or is there more sh^t he'll be finding out as he does more fights in the US? Idk that answer to that, but we'll all be finding out in the next 12-24 months I'd imagine cuz there is no way Eddie keeps his favored promoter status with DAZN if he keeps not getting how the US promotional game works.

Comment

I will say this about Eddie Hearn. He doesn't have to worry about generating enough revenue anymore because DAZN handles that. So that makes his load a whole lot lighter promoting in the states when it comes to ticket sells. However, Edward's biggest problem is signing top-notch American fighters to his platform because most of them are all signed to the PBC under Al Haymon.

Comment

Working...
                      X