Collapse
No announcement yet.

punches that seem to be rarely used in boxing these days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rarely if ever see fighters parry a punch and then counter off it. A lost art.

Comment

seems like only a few guys now how to set up an uppercut

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        Right hook to the body, right uppercut is a wicked combination. I remember Pacquiao using it against David Diaz.
        Mike Tyson was extremely deadly with that combo.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          I rarely if ever see fighters parry a punch and then counter off it. A lost art.
          Evander Holyfield was the master at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
            The damn uppercut man.
            Sure worked for Jermall against J-Rock. BOOM! Haha

Definitely not used enough, though for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              The check hook-I see fighters just go backwards these days and not use the angle to sidestep and use the check hook, why is this punch rarely used if at all?

Hook off of the jab-This punch is very effective and I dont understand why it is not used in more combos

Leaping left hook-This is a beautiful punch that is hard to time with an athletic boxer with great timing
              I can name something neither you and I or anyone else has seen in over 20 fuking years and that is the brilliant 10 punch combinations with left hooks, right hooks to the body and head, overhand rights, uppercuts all in the same damn combination that Sugar Ray Leonard produced! Almost NO ONE throws left hooks and right hooks in a sequence. His shoeshine combinations were dazzling. I am STILL waiting for another Leonard to come along in my lifetime. He gave me the best autograph ever for any fan! He drew a picture of a glove and a smiley inside and then his autograph inside the drawing. And yes, I have even exchanged emails with Leonard. And with Aaron Pryor's wife too.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                I can name something neither you and I or anyone else has seen in over 20 fuking years and that is the brilliant 10 punch combinations with left hooks, right hooks to the body and head, overhand rights, uppercuts all in the same damn combination that Sugar Ray Leonard produced! Almost NO ONE throws left hooks and right hooks in a sequence. His shoeshine combinations were dazzling. I am STILL waiting for another Leonard to come along in my lifetime. He gave me the best autograph ever for any fan! He drew a picture of a glove and a smiley inside and then his autograph inside the drawing. And yes, I have even exchanged emails with Leonard. And with Aaron Pryor's wife too.
                Amir Khan tries that stuff but....... yea

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  I remember Floyd used that to end Sharmba Mitchell.
                  Yup he was a master of that punch.

Comment

Liver shot?

Comment

All of the above and uppercut. I think uppercut is a lost art in today’s boxing. It’s not that fighters dont throw uppercuts but they dont improvise in terms of setting it up. It’s probably the most devastating punch besides the body shot.

That’s why i was blown away when Jermall Charlo landed that perfect shot on Williams. How often do we see punches like that land these days?

Comment

Working...
                      X