Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Everything Fury Gained, He'll Lose it By Facing Schwarz!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Fury gained nothing with the draw ... except a $100million contract with ESPN and a higher ranking than Wilder with every indie ratings board worth a damn!
    Lol @ mentioning ESPN when they even have Fury ranked lower than Wilder. Just give it up already.
    It's ok to be a fan but this is ridiculous.

Good day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      Lol @ mentioning ESPN when they even have Fury ranked lower than Wilder. Just give it up already.

Good day.
      ESPN are a broadcasting network and Fury got a $100million contract with them after fighting Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post

Good day.
        Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        ESPN are a broadcasting network and Fury got a $100million contract with them after fighting Wilder.
        No, he didn't. Arum says the $100 million figure was made up (timestamped from 2:45 - 4:10):

Last edited by davefromvancouv; 04-08-2019, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
          Lmao.. 1931 Webster dictionary will tell u who the real Americans are.. we never came from the continent of Africa. That's a lie! History is a blatant lie to hide our indigenous origin. There are no people like us in america in the world except other indigenous people.
          Are you saying black Americans are indigenous to the US? Oh, right. Well, what percentage of black Americans would you say are indigenous to the US then?

Comment

• Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
            The BT controversy has been debunked as utter nonsense. Obvious sound bites taken out of context. Listen to the WHOLE interview from Frank Warren. BT was only CONSULTED to understand UK rights to the fight (timestamped from 2:50 - 8:00):

The $50 million against 50% offer STILL stands as the best offer made for the Wilder-Joshua fight. I suspect it will be made again if Joshua gets past Miller.
            Yeah, it's been debunked. That's why Lou Dibella confirmed BT being involved just like Frank did.

Mind how you go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
              Yeah, it's been debunked. That's why Lou Dibella confirmed BT being involved just like Frank did.

Mind how you go.
              You mean the part where he says: "NO!!! Who's saying the fight will be on BT????" (timestamped from 47:30 - 53:50)

Comment

You mean the part where he says: "NO!!! Who's saying the fight will be on BT????" (timestamped from 47:30 - 53:50)

Oh you mean Lou contradicting himself just like the whole camp does? Yeah, nothing new here. Sorry.

Comment

The BT controversy has been debunked as utter nonsense. Obvious sound bites taken out of context. Listen to the WHOLE interview from Frank Warren. BT was only CONSULTED to understand UK rights to the fight (timestamped from 2:50 - 8:00):

The $50 million against 50% offer STILL stands as the best offer made for the Wilder-Joshua fight. I suspect it will be made again if Joshua gets past Miller.
                  Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                  davefromvancouv, did you actually listen to that interview yourself? If you did, then why are you telling blatent lies about it?

Frank Waren did not say that BT were "only consulted to understand UK rights to the fight"

He clearly says that BT wanted to put the fight on themselves.

Rob Tebbut: "The first I heard of it today was that you were privy to that due to a wanting from BT to potentially put the Wilder/Joshua fight on BT, is that correct?"

Warren: "Well that's what they were doing. They offered the guarantee of the 50 and the 30 on the strength of buying the rights to put the fight on. I'm sure if I'd been in Hearn's position I'd want the fight and I'd say well no, it's got to go on Sky. But the fact was, that was the conversations I was having with Shelly. We wanted to put the fight on BT and we had a lot of conversations about it"

I've time stamped the video were that part of the conversation begins:

Last edited by kafkod; 04-08-2019, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                    Lmao.. 1931 Webster dictionary will tell u who the real Americans are.. we never came from the continent of Africa. That's a lie! History is a blatant lie to hide our indigenous origin. There are no people like us in america in the world except other indigenous people.
                    Crazy stuff!

How do you explain that there are people known as "Native Americans" who have their own independent history?

Comment

• Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
                      Yawn, getting bored of the excuses now - The re-match clause is only enacted if the champ loses, which probably won't happen. Wilder will have a similar deal with Breazeale, and I don't expect him to lose either.
                      There's nothing to stop a contract being signed which relies on the Champ to win an already planned fight. Joshua did this for the Klitschko fight while training for Molina.
                      The long and short of it is Wilder would take the fight if he's the A-side and it's on a Haymon card, but he can't face being the B-side of the Joshua show on DAZN. He'd rather earn less money to be the main man of his own show.
                      So NOT guaranteed then. I think we agreed.

If Eddie wants the fight he'll make a proper simple offer after the miller fight, when he can guarantee a fight with AJ. And the offer doesnt need to involve Wilder selling his soul to Eddie for multiple fights, back stabbing his current team/network, giving exclusive rights to DAZN etc... It just needs to be a simple normal offer.

Comment

Working...
                      X