Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo-Brandon Adams on 6/15 or 6/8, on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Charlos were on a fast track to stardom.

Unfortunately they fight bums and look mediocre. Korobov ain’t no bum though and should’ve got the nod.

Most fight fans hate divas outside the ring and the Charlos are some giant divas and ignant at that, turning up on camera weeks before a fight.

Boxing fans saw potential but most myself included, wrote them off.

They would brag after beating bums, call out fighters they know they won’t fight and want to use drugs and booze during training camp.

F the Charlos with a aids infected *****. They ruined their shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
      This story was rumored to be true a few days ago, so it wasn't necessarily new to all, though the fact that Charlo and not GGG is fighting Adams is indeed a big story.

We were all lead to believe initially GGG-Adams was happening and instead it's Charlo-Adams. Makes sense that an article like this would generate a lot of buzz. Especially considering the backlash GGG was getting from a lot of people for taking on Adams. (I personally like GGG but thought that was a sh.it fight.)
      Stop beating around the bush & call for Jermall vs golovkin! You scared Pvssy G going to get dropped? I bet you are that's why you suckers won't DARE say you want to see that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
        So tell Pvssy G to man up & fight Mall, duh
        Tell mall to smarten up and leave pbc and sign with DAZN, duh

Comment

Perhaps you misunderstood, but my point in referencing GGG's boogeyman status was to say that for a much longer time GGG was much more avoided than Jermall is right now. Yet GGG was still able to compile a very good resume with very good results in that timeframe. I personally would argue that is primarily because boxing-wise GGG is levels above Charlo but I would like Charlo to prove me wrong in his coming fights when he fights the top guys at 160.

Man I just honestly don't understand how people can say some stuff that is said on here lol. I can understand viewing a fighter or a fight a certain way. For example - maybe you look at GGG's career and feel he was protected. You could make an argument for that about any fighter in a way. I honestly don't see that at all with GGG - he basically fought about 15-20 different types of guys throughout his career, all different styles (big, small, fast, big punchers etc), all basically in their primes and he pretty much ran through all of them.

I agree that every fighter/his team will try and manage their guy the best way and get him to take the best fights he can for his career. But someone like GGG never really had that luxury to call the shots. He has been a star in boxing for a while but never really a king-maker. His opponent would make as much fighting someone else as they would with him. As you see below Quillin, among others, basically admitted as much.

The only benefit fighting GGG really brought was the belts and the acclaim if you actually beat him. So it's not like he ever had the luxury to turn down another top guy that wanted to fight him.

Also - It is all pretty well documented that Quillin never wanted GGG, Lee was one of the few willing to step up to GGG, but GGG's dad died and that fight got postponed, then Lee started losing so it lost the shine that it had.

Jacobs I think admitted in his comeback from cancer that he wanted more time before the GGG fight, which I feel was perfectly understandable. I thought that was common knowledge. Not to mention that Danny in a way to many seemed to be trying to get out of the fight when it was mandated by saying he didn't want the 75-25 split and GGG then gave him considerably more, when he didn't have to, just to get the fight made. Not sure how anyone could say GGG was ducking N'dam but I guess I have heard it all :0 lol. N'dam had a shot at GGG a few years ago and gave up his belt rather than face GGG.

Not exactly sure what those guys/styles you mentioned have in common as well. GGG went in there with Lemieux and Stevens who punch harder than Quillin. I agree that a Lee fight would have been an interesting fight but if GGG KOed him the people who don't give GGG any credit now would just say Lee ****** and was a bum and was KOed by Chavez Jr (that part is true lol).

I am all for changing my opinion based on new information but based on everything I've seen with GGG he has never really ducked away from a fair challenge, has a lot of impressive performances on his resume, has never been dominated in the ring in all those fights, was always fair enough when he was the A-side, and knew his role as well when he was the B-side. The only time he got a little uppity as the B-side was with Canelo multiple times, but fortunately that all worked out extremely well for him, monetarily speaking.

https://www.balls.ie/boxing/golovkin-vs-andy-lee-358667

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxin...195021380.html

https://www.************.com/2015/12...mes-at-a-cost/

https://www.boxingscene.com/daniel-j...ber-10--112284

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJuwAz-ekoQ
          Saunders comments about fighting GGG in 2015

“I can say one thing about Gennady Golovkin, he’s a good fighter, but those types of fights come at a cost, and come at a price,” Quillin said to Michelle Phelps.

I’m not worried about fighting Gennady Golovkin. When it comes time to fight him, give me what I want. That’s all,” Quillin said.
          Stop lying. He doesn't have a good resume & he DID duck fighters.

Mall doesn't have to fight better fighters to prove himself, he needs to fight the so called Top fighters like pvssy g so start asking for that fight if you think pvssy g is so good.

The reason people say things is cuz you dudes lie too much & we have to put ya'll in your place & shed light for lies you dudes do.

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-s...ht-him--108220

https://www.thefightcity.com/golovki...ovalev-boxing/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lm5RZHPOAk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1F-bbT0qLg

https://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin...happen--133201

Comment

Good post man, not trying to be rude to that guy. But it is posts like those that just leave me scratching my head on here.

Like I am all for a balanced critique of any fighter out there. But the sh.it people try and throw at GGG I just don't get it lol.

I think someone could make a reasonable argument against GGG but the truth is that he has done a lot of good and great stuff in the sport. The critiques thrown at him often times just come across, as you said, as having the conclusion in mind before studying the case.
            Get all the Pvssy G fans you can get cuz you dudes fear Jermall Charlo.

Comment

Lol that is true. Glad there are at least a few on here who I think maintain some semblance of rationality.
              You dudes aint rational, you dudes are liars.

Comment

? All those guys are actually good fighters lol. And those guys are only probably like numbers 8, 10, 11 and 13 on GGG's resume. And he rolled over them with no problem. Ishida is the same guy who just went 12 rounds with Pirog and Paul Williams, for example. GGG rolled over him.

Proksa was a good up and coming fighter. Got rolled. Macklin a good veteran who never got worked like he did with GGG. Rosado was in with a lot of really good fighters and was never dominated and KOed like he was with GGG. I just think someone objective would even look at that 4 guy run - which again ranking wise those guys are towards the bottom of GGG's list - and say 'that was an impressive run for GGG.'

I mean those guys would legitimately be somewhere from 1-6 on Charlo's resume, if he could have beaten them.

The truth is when you start scrutinizing GGG's resume to a certain extent, and stacking it up with others, even ATG's, you realize that GGG stacks up well. Hagler has some serious blemishes on his resume (embarrassed by a smaller old Leonard, lost to Watts and Monroe, was getting outboxed again by Monroe before a 12th round KO, went 15 went a small old fat Duran) to go along with the great Hearns win.

Other than that his only real top win was over Mugabi and in a way that isn't necessarily better than a Lemieux win for GGG as Mugabi never actually beat anyone (although I agree that the Hagler fight took a lot out of him and imo that was a great win for Hagler).

To compare GGG to Hagler makes sense. To compare Charlo to GGG, I mean that's just wild man. I know you want one of 'your guys' to come on the scene but pushing Charlo like that and comparing him to GGG who has proved it for 10+ years and Charlo hasn't even gotten started, I mean that's wild lol.
                You & Pvssy G need to MAN UP & ask for Jermall Charlo vs golovkin!

Comment

Honestly daggum the only fair critiques I have read on here or any other boxing site about GGG are from his actual fans. They seem to keep it real about him for the most part.

You said it best about his detractors starting with the conclusion and then forming the story, however ridiculous, to support it.
                  Did you just start watching boxing in Feb 2019?

Comment

Also - to put it another way - Macklin was GGG's probably 8th best win or so. And he ran through him easily.

A modern day comparison to Macklin would be Korobov, who would be the 1st or 2nd best guy Charlo has faced. Charlo went 12 hard rounds with him and it was 7-5 either way 6-6 type fight in most people's opinions.

So the 8th or so best win for GGG was a 1 sided domination. That same type of guy went 12 with Charlo in basically a draw and that is maybe the best guy Jermall has faced lol. Come on man. I actually like Jermall but to put him with GGG right now is crazy.

Edit - not to say Jermall wouldn't have a shot against GGG right now. I think he would have a puncher's chance. GGG isn't getting any younger. But based on resume it is not even close. Jermall maybe has 3-4 live bodies on his resume and some are unimpressive when he stepped up to decent competition. GGG has about 20 live bodies and a lot of great shows.
                    Jermall's resume is better than Pvssy G's. Pvssy G lost to Jacobs, & Nelo twice. Mall won all his fights & moved up from being a Champion at 154.

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
                      Seems most of those 106 are about Golovkin lol !

I guess inevitable given Adams turned down Golovkin to fight Charlo though. Correct move from Adams financially, and probably more chance v Charlo than Golovkin.

If it all leads to Charlo fighting a live body at some point like Dervy then all good, but at some point he has to start fighting people who are top 10.
                      WHY? WHY are you dudes NOT calling for Jermall vs golovkin but instead asking for the same weak opposition you dudes would say after Mall beats them?!?! Scared? Afraid?? Shook???

Jermall Charlo vs golovkin!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X