Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: If No Wilder - Then Joshua Faces Usyk, Pulev and Others

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
    Tyson has no belt or title , he's just the ESPN champion of the world (former unified and former lineal champ after his retirement).
    Yet he's still the #1 threat to Joshua & its the 2nd biggest fight to make at HW right now & is the #1 biggest fight if Hearn doesn't believe Wilder wants the fight.

I got no dog in this fight cuz ultimately I like Joshua, Wilder & Fury & have no fanboy-ism towards any one of them, but I do contend Eddie is a lil too attached to the idea of having a potential world-wide draw in Joshua. Thats the main thing preventing us from seeing Joshua fighting his best opponents that could better nail down how good he can be, but I think its too big of a risk right now for Eddie to wanna jump into like he's done in the past with guys with less current popularity + huge long game upside. And thats why Fury's name isn't front & center not any ABC bs reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
      Slow it right down, see the thing with this emotional forum is posters get so pent up about anything. How would you know the tone of what I was typing?? Can you hear me?? I wasn't saying that in no way..

More so that I forgot all about him, till I heard yesterday by chance that he retired.

Sensitive posters...
      Tbh with you, I was being tongue in cheek and it doesn't translate well over the internet most of the time. Joking aside, if GC has retired due to brain injury (verified) then it's no laughing matter. But just to be clear, I'm not overly sensitive about whatever it is you think. I do my best to look at life from all perspectives, and when it comes to boxers I'm more than happy to put the guns away when respect needs to be given and withdraw insensitive remarks if need be.
      Sorry for the dull speech, but sometimes I got to make myself clear when I'm in danger of being misunderstood.
      Peace n all that.

Comment

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
        Usyk needs a couple of fights before he faces Joshua, give Kubrat a chance with Joshua, he deserves it.
        Pulev has done literally zero to deserve a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
          Pulev has done literally zero to deserve a shot.
          He worked his way up the IBF ratings and won a final eliminator. That is how you earn your shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
            Tbh with you, I was being tongue in cheek and it doesn't translate well over the internet most of the time. Joking aside, if GC has retired due to brain injury (verified) then it's no laughing matter. But just to be clear, I'm not overly sensitive about whatever it is you think. I do my best to look at life from all perspectives, and when it comes to boxers I'm more than happy to put the guns away when respect needs to be given and withdraw insensitive remarks if need be.
            Sorry for the dull speech, but sometimes I got to make myself clear when I'm in danger of being misunderstood.
            Peace n all that.
            Fair enough, peace to you too brother

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Neither fighter is a good prep for Joshua! I would rather see Filip Hrgovic! He's WBA #8, IBF # 12, and WBO # 15! He's also 6'6" and the fight (Ukranian vs. Croatian) should do well in Chicago! Hrgovic is also signed to MatchRoom:

Filip Hrgovic signs deal with Matchroom Boxing

https://www.badlefthook.com/2019/2/1...tchroom-boxing
              Hrigovic will be saved as an opponent for Joshua / Usyk down the line I think. He can probably be a decent draw by himself if he’s built in the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
                Hrigovic will be saved as an opponent for Joshua / Usyk down the line I think. He can probably be a decent draw by himself if he’s built in the right way.
                Well according to Hearn, after Usyk wins in May, it's Joshua next! I would think he would want someone to test Usyk BEFORE Joshua! Takam and Povetkin are not going to do that! Usyk is too good for them! Povetkin too old, and Takam too worn!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Yet he's still the #1 threat to Joshua & its the 2nd biggest fight to make at HW right now & is the #1 biggest fight if Hearn doesn't believe Wilder wants the fight.

I got no dog in this fight cuz ultimately I like Joshua, Wilder & Fury & have no fanboy-ism towards any one of them, but I do contend Eddie is a lil too attached to the idea of having a potential world-wide draw in Joshua. Thats the main thing preventing us from seeing Joshua fighting his best opponents that could better nail down how good he can be, but I think its too big of a risk right now for Eddie to wanna jump into like he's done in the past with guys with less current popularity + huge long game upside. And thats why Fury's name isn't front & center not any ABC bs reasons.
                  Though we don't always agree, we always respect, so I want your analysis on this:

Arum: Hearn has Joshua isolated on DAZN

“Joshua is completely isolated because he has in effect, been captured and rolled into this DAZN arrangement. This frankly inhibits his ability to make major fights and his ability to really become a factor. He’s fighting in the US against Miller but it’s on DAZN. Nobody has DAZN.”

The promoter would then take things a step further by saying that Joshua is being taken advantage of and that he needs to ‘wake up’ and join an outfit like his, Top Rank/ESPN, or even PBC — but preferably his.

“I think Joshua has been used. Joshua and his people should wake up and really join the world. He should finish up his contract with Hearn and join us.

It makes no sense (staying with DAZN). It makes no sense to deprive him of PPV. If he fights in the UK, he can’t turn that into PPV dollars in the United States. That’s because of the difference in time.”

https://www.badlefthook.com/2019/3/2...olated-on-dazn

Is this Arum throwing shade, or does he make a valid point? And bring back the Panda every now and then. HOTEP!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Well according to Hearn, after Usyk wins in May, it's Joshua next! I would think he would want someone to test Usyk BEFORE Joshua! Takam and Povetkin are not going to do that! Usyk is too good for them! Povetkin too old, and Takam too worn!
                    I could see that - Wilder and Fury aside there’s a lack of credible opponents out there for Joshua. (I can actually see Usyk beating Joshua too).

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
                      I could see that - Wilder and Fury aside there’s a lack of credible opponents out there for Joshua. (I can actually see Usyk beating Joshua too).
                      Well, because Usyk is moving up from the WBO CW title, he becomes Joshua's mandatory, just like Crawford did when Horn was the WBO WW Champion. The question is which mandatory comes first? Pulev, or Usyk?

Comment

Working...
                      X