Smiling SIMILARITIES between SPENCE and GOLOVKIN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Rock&Roll;19619949]
    Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
    There are similarities but there are also glaring differences.
    agree

Golovkin is more powerful but he relies on his power more than Spence.
    somewhat agree

Golovkin has more snap in his jab but his is more predictable.
    i wouldn't call it snap but rather thudding with impeccable timing. This why he lands so many jabs considering how slow he is.

Golovkin has a good body attack but Spence digs hard to the body and has a variety of punches to the body.
    agree. Spence wings them to the body

Spence has better fundamentals and a better game plan although the latter is more from coaching.
    i think Golovkin might edge him on fundamentals imo. Golovin has actute awareness but not great plan over 12

I think Golovkin's coach was out coached by Jacobs and Canelo's coach.
    agree

Spence has a better defense when he decides to use it.
    Golovkin has better defense in the pocket. Sometimes he's happy to stay in and ride the punches rather than stepping back, which is less effective but more complicated.

Golovkin impressed me a little it in the first fight with Canelo. Spence impressed me with his grittiness against Brook and his boxing against Garcia.
    GG and Spence impressed me too, do did Brook. I hated how Canelo fought in first fight, although I've always loved Canelo's upper body movement and pure pro style.
    I think that upper body movement in the first fight was wasted energy. To me at least Canelo was more efficient in the second fight by minimizing that upper body movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
      GGG is more Mexican than Spence. boliodogs
      You hate both of them and start dozens of threads trashing them. You have been concentrated on Spence after his great win but as soon as GGG is back in action you'll start in on him again. They are both excellent exciting clean fighters in the ring and good guys outside the ring. I don't understand what you mean by the Mexican comment or why you mention my name. If you think I don't like you unfairly and constantly trashing two of my favorites you got that right. Why would a real boxing fan not like these two killers???????

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        You hate both of them and start dozens of threads trashing them. You have been concentrated on Spence after his great win but as soon as GGG is back in action you'll start in on him again. They are both excellent exciting clean fighters in the ring and good guys outside the ring. I don't understand what you mean by the Mexican comment or why you mention my name. If you think I don't like you unfairly and constantly trashing two of my favorites you got that right. Why would a real boxing fan not like these two killers???????
        You can catch GGG on DAZN for $20 a month or $99 for a full year!

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
          Off the top of the head....
          -Both underated in skill department
          -Both have solid power
          -Both stalk opponents
          -Both have been avoided
          -Both are humble, quiet spoken
          -Both have solid jab
          -Both are solid A fighters, who KO B level fightes.
          -Both have great balance
          -Both can throw crushing body shots
          -Both top 10 p4p
          -Both exciting to watch
          -Any more?

I guess it's safe to say if you are a fan of one, you are a fan of the other. Juding a fighter in ring of course, not boxing politics.
          Strategically many similarities - both are, despite their fearsome reputations - patient and fairly conservative in style. You'll rarely see either overcommit, both are content to play the numbers, relying on accuracy, a high output and heavy hands to eventually wear guys down without having to take undue risk. For heavy handed dudes with good fundamentals and stamina it's a very effective strategy.

Like you say though, I find it hard to see why folk would like one but not the either when viewed from a purely boxing standpoint.

Comment

I mean they're very different fighters IMO I don't get what people see in similarities other then the opposite parallel of:

The fact some people truly believe GGG was being ducked (but in actuality there are a bunch of articles and videos with fighters directly saying they want to fight GGG)

Then Spence who people swear up and down ISN'T being ducked/avoided when it's very clear that he is. Only people who have said his name are Mikey Garcia and Terrence Crawford. Crawford is exclusively signed to ESPN and Spence just fought Garcia. Up until now Porter was ducking him as well but now after losing to Ugas he wants to cash out on PPV because he knows his time as champion is limited.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
              I mean they're very different fighters IMO I don't get what people see in similarities other then the opposite parallel of:

The fact some people truly believe GGG was being ducked (but in actuality there are a bunch of articles and videos with fighters directly saying they want to fight GGG)

Then Spence who people swear up and down ISN'T being ducked/avoided when it's very clear that he is. Only people who have said his name are Mikey Garcia and Terrence Crawford. Crawford is exclusively signed to ESPN and Spence just fought Garcia. Up until now Porter was ducking him as well but now after losing to Ugas he wants to cash out on PPV because he knows his time as champion is limited.
              There was never “ducking” at 147. PBC Welterweights were all by design. Haymon sits with all the Champs and contenders and tells them the road map of PBC and how - if they wait - the money will be right... he also encourages his fighters to hype the matchups.

Comment

There was never “ducking” at 147. PBC Welterweights were all by design. Haymon sits with all the Champs and contenders and tells them the road map of PBC and how - if they wait - the money will be right... he also encourages his fighters to hype the matchups.
                When one fighter wants the fight and the other fighter doesn't, that's called ducking.

Period. Haymon can't make a fight unless two fighters want it. This is how boxing works please educate yourself before quoting me.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                  When one fighter wants the fight and the other fighter doesn't, that's called ducking.

Period. Haymon can't make a fight unless two fighters want it. This is how boxing works please educate yourself before quoting me.
                  Please don’t be naive. The nature of PBC fighters is to capitalize the most money for them. They are advised the best position and Haymon reminds them that the fighters are the promoters, so only they can make the fights, yes, but Do you think Haymon has bias for one fighter over the other?

PBC fighters invite any game plan to maximize their own potential. You think Haymon tells Porter “yo stop ducking Spence!” Or “You can wait on Spence because I can build the fight.”

Comment

There pretty different imo but one thing they could have in common Is both get whooped by Canelo tho Spence In much more brutal fashion.

Comment

Please don’t be naive. The nature of PBC fighters is to capitalize the most money for them. They are advised the best position and Haymon reminds them that the fighters are the promoters, so only they can make the fights, yes, but Do you think Haymon has bias for one fighter over the other?

PBC fighters invite any game plan to maximize their own potential. You think Haymon tells Porter “yo stop ducking Spence!” Or “You can wait on Spence because I can build the fight.”
                      ...How are you going ot use your own logic to disprove your argument?

Because Haymon isn't biased to any fighter in particular, he will not make a fight that either fighter doesn't want. Thank you though, you will not get another response from me.

Comment

Working...
                      X