Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte Formally Contests WBC Ruling on Wilder-Breazeale
Collapse
-
They cant both fight Wilder at the same time. So why even confuse it by adding Whyte into the mix.
Blatantly obvious they want Wilder fighting someone else (NOT AJ). It doesnt get any clearer than that.Comment
-
Wrong.
Ortiz accepted the offer and was willing to give up his spot on the Wilder/Fury card to go fight Whyte in England.
Luis Ortiz Accepts Dillian Whyte's Offer To Fight on 12/22 in UK
Last week top heavyweight contender Luis Ortiz responded to comments that were made by his rival Dillian Whyte to Sky. “I offered to fight Ortiz years ago, but he didn’t want to know. He didn’t even want to know this summer and asked for silly money coming off his knockout loss to Wilder, and made it clear that he wouldn’t be ready for July 28, which was the date we had available,” said Whyte.Comment
-
Are you making this up or do you have links you can share to prove this?Brezeale turned down Whyte on the Takam card saying it wasn't enough money, Hearn asked if this for a mandatory the WBC said no in writing and on their website, so Hearn couldn't justify offering more. The WBC backtracked on this, this was recorded by several noted journalists, who screen shotted the WBC site.
Ortiz refused to fight Whyte when with Hearn and turned the fight down again pre Christmas saying it was not enough money. His manager confirmed this in an interview on Youtube , still there I think.
So Ortiz and Brezeale turned it down.
Wilder has been fighting a mandatory every 3 years with unification now it'll be worse so anything less than a called mandatory has no value. The fact Wilder texted Whyte to say he would do everything he could to avoid him if he did become mandatory makes it worse.
If not, then you are clearly making this up.Comment
-
Anyone with Lucas Browne as a career highlight is garbage.Whyte gave Ortiz an offer to headline a ppv with him. Ortiz turned it down to fight on the Wilder/Fury card.
I am not a fan of Whyte at all but I don't see how anyone can blame him for thinking how he is.
He beat a top 10 Chisora, former champions Parker and Browne etc. Ortiz got his shot from beating a guy who lost 3 of his previous 5 bouts. So you can understand why he would be mad about it.
The WBC will just name him the next mandatory and all this will be forgotten. At the max they can ask him to fight another final eliminator. It won't be Ortiz as he hasn't fought any of the top ranked fighters since his loss to Wilder. But then again this is the WBC so who knows.
Chisora isnt top 10 of anything. He has 9 losses on his record.. Lol
Whyte won the lottery against Parker with the head butt KD, and still almost died, and ended the fight on his back begging for the bell.
You probably think David Price is a top boxing prospect too right?Comment
-
Fury has that lineal title thing going so it is always an option. Whyte has proven himself so he is always going to be a threat for anybody. A live dog.Whyte got phuked bad because he went from almost landing the Joshua fight but he asked for more money thinking he had leverage as the number 1 WBO and WBC. Joshua goes and fights Miller in NYC, he thinks he's getting a fight with Breazeale and Interim WBC belt because Wilder is fighting Fury. Fury pulls out Wilder rematch and the WBC orders Breazeale instead of Whye. Now every top heavyweight has a fight and he is left out in the cold
Joshua has so many belts who knows when he will be ordered to fight him. If the WBC don't force Wilder to back to back mandatories who knows how long he has to wait for that fight ordered. And any unification puts all mandatories on pause longer. Fury don't even have a belt but that might be his best bet.Comment
-
Whyte should shut the F..k up and stay busy. Fight Kownacki, Mike Hunter, or Rivas. The Chisora win was garbage!Comment
-
Whyte is just having a moan, but he's entitled to; he's done far more to earn a mandatory shot than Breazeale has. WBC won't stop the Wilder-Breazeale fight at this point though, so the best Whyte can hope for is to be made immediate Mandatory for Wilder's next fight. If that happens he'll still be in a sort of limbo as WBC will say that a unification with Joshua or re-match with Fury would take priority over a mandatory challenger. What will end up happening is at least 6 months of "negotiations" between Wilder and Joshua/Fury before Whyte even gets an offer.Comment
Comment