Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do we know if crawford is actually any better at welter than mikey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
    Crawford is a whole lot better than Mikey at welterweight. Trust me, I know what i see. I called Spence vs Mikey a mismatch since the day it was signed and always expressed that it was probably going to be very one sided. Turns out it was.

Now why is it not the same situation as with Mikey? Crawford is a natural welterweight and is way bigger than Mikey. He carries more power and even more speed despite being bigger. The guy has the frame to fight at 147 and be successful. Mikey does not, he looked like a chubby kid. Despite knocking out Horn and Benavidez, who are much bigger than Crawford and true welterweights proves that he has the power to keep guys honest in this weight class. Pacquiao couldn't stop Horn in his tracks and he has real power. Crawford did do it and even bullied Horn. Horn is a big guy and is probably going up to an even higher division. Tells me all I need to know really. We will see if it happens.
    Pacquaio hurt Horn so bad that he almost got stopped by the ref.

Comment

Well for one, dominating his weight classes is a sign that he's at least a very good fighter, otherwise he wouldn't have accomplished what he did. Secondly, he battered a bully in Horn who roughed up a smaller guy in Pacquiao. Not to say Horn is a top 10 welterweight but he's definitely a dirty fighter who likes to bully his opponents. He couldn't do that against Crawford who was actually the aggressor in the fight and pummeled him into a TKO. Benavidez may not have been highly ranked but before they made the fight his team actually wanted to wait at least another year because they thought it was too soon for Benavidez. So you could say he took the fight prematurely. As far as how good Benavidez is though, he used to be Pacquiao's sparring partner in '08 when the Pac-Man was at the height of his powers. All in all in you're critical of Crawford you have to at least admit that he's a very good fighter. But regardless of how you perceive him, we can all agree that he needs fights against other top welterweights as much as they do to really know how great Crawford and them are.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
        His cv looks an awful lot like mikeys, a multi weight champ in weak weight classes. Hes not beaten anyone at note at welter (?or in general) and his last opponent wasnt even top 30 and gave him some problems. We are hyping it up as a superfight and we dont even know if one of them is even any good at the weight. Can say he passes the eye test but so did mikey until he fought a true 147'r and lost every single round, i dont think anyones eye test had mikey not winning a round.
        You are always belittling the accomplishments of American boxers. Crawford has done lots of good stuff and that is why he is rated highly pfp by everybody. He didn't look as good as usual last fight but few boxers look their very best every fight. How good did Khan and Brook look last fight? They both looked bloody awful.Those are two of England's best welterweights. You seem to go out of your way to discredit Spence and now Crawford. My eye test told me Mikey was too slow to win a single round from Spence. I expected Mikey to get KOed quickly but his great chin surprised me. I think Crawford vs Spence is a super fight between the two best welterweights in the world and I hope it happens. Crawford is much better than Mikey in every way. He is bigger, faster, more skilled on offense and defense, smarter, a much harder puncher and gives a 100% effort every fight. Something Mikey did not do against Spence. The Crawford vs Khan fight is coming soon so let's see how Crawford looks then. I am thinking excellent as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
          Theyve barely beaten a world class fighter between them.

All three are P4P top ten fighters.

Comment

I been saying this sense forever! Yeah on paper and from eye test Crawford is arguably the most skilled boxer p4p..

But he getting too much props from what he did at 140....In reality dude aint done shyt at 147..In reality he the most unproven guy at 147!

Comment

Well, we'll see how he does in the Khan fight. Who knows, Khan might have a Salita moment in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                All three are P4P top ten fighters.
                true, guess that doesnt say much about state of boxing these days.

Comment

Kinda like When Spence kept saying Thurman was #1 147. And they kept bringing up Crawford. U cant rank him higher based on "most likely" then excuse him almost going 12 with Benadez....But shyt on other guys avg. Performances

Comment

First of all, Crawford is actually a welterweight. Crawford was weighing a super trim 152 when he was fighting at 135. Crawford also has the right dimensions for fighting at welter. As a welterweight Mikey was short and chubby.

Doesn't prove Crawford is a better welter but he certainly has more potential there.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                      Who has Billy Saunders beat without cheating? Who has Fury beat without cheating? Who has Dillian Whyte beat without cheating? Where are your threads for Sam Eggington and Carl Frampton? Lmao. None of those UK bums have beat a world class fighter. Garcia beat an undefeated Matthysse that’s a better opponent than 90% of those UK bums have.
                      When he asked who have they beat he was talking about Spence, Terrence, and Mikey (who has never fought matthysse) Danny G is the one who beat matthysse

Comment

Working...
                      X