Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN Reveals $99.99 Yearly Plan, Monthly Increase to $19.99

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoa I guess they paid Canelo way too much. Considering they can't make the biggest fights in boxing other than a very predictable Canelo-GGG, it's clear they are deep into the red. This is just another PPV service in the making. Kinda sucks because I do believe fights should be cheaper for the public, but they had to make the Wider Joshua fights when they had the chance. Instead, they ducked Wilder, and now look. They ended up with nothing.
    Last edited by todisday; 03-21-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      You never watched any other programming on SHO other than boxing? Then that makes sense to cancel, which is why I don't have DAZN yet.
      what do you watch besides boxing on sho? (not being nosy just interested) cuz I dont watch sho or hbo like that if it aint boxing.

Comment

• A lot of the posters complaining are on here everytime there's a fight asking for links.

Comment

• Originally posted by mp1110 View Post
          I'll continue to pick and choose months. $20 for Canelo v. Jacobs or Canelo v. GGG III is much better than two $80 HBO PPVs.
          Given that costs $60 I would suggest paying $100 for a annual subscription instead

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
            Exactly this. Not to mention DAZN HAS COMMERCIALS & SHTTY STREAM QUALITY. Add in the fact that So far Only Canelo vs Jacobs is worth paying for & this becomes a 180 on their earlier promises of "you'll only have to pay $10 to see Canelo fight",I am not saying $20 for CanvJac isn't a great deal,

I'm merely stating that it has commercials,shtty stream constantly glitching,& suddenly it's much less of a bargain assuming they'll continue raising the prices like netflix did just because they wanted to subsidize Adam Sandlers corny,twatty D movies where he casts his washed up friends that suck. Its no different than DAZN subsidizing gggs next crAppy matchup in june by hiking the price.
            I actually have GREAT quality... I have that verizon over 200 megs wifi shiiiit is crazy good

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              Good call Deontay!!! Good call!!! I have been saying it for months that they are heavily in the red with what they are spending and not getting back with subscribers! Now the rates have DOUBLED along with commercials. If you think this is the last price hike I have some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you......SUCKERS
              shut you dummy lol...you get canelo 2 times a year , golovkin 2 times a year , Joshua 2 times a year , usyk 2 times a year and you pay for showtime normally and then have to lay out 70 dollars for ppv.
              Shows you have same brain capacity as string beam wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
                I understand they are banking on customers signing up for the year long subscription to keep that revenue flowing. I just don't see this service as something to keep year long just to watch two maybe three BIG fights a year. DAZN is going to have to continuously put together the matchups fans want to see in order for that to happen.
                Well looking at their schedule they have the best lineup of fights from now to June then any other platform that airs fights. DAZN success not just in the US but in general will be about getting fans to stay year long they don't want to be in the business PPVs selling just 1 or 2 big fights a year.

March 23 Edwards vs Moreno
                March 30 Ryan Garcia vs Lopez
                March 30 Liam Smith vs Sam Eggington
                April 13 Munguai vs Hogan
                April 20 Chisora vs Gashi
                April 26 SSR vs Estrada II & Roman vs TJ Doheny
                April 27 Prograis vs Relikh
                May 4 Canelo vs Jacobs
                May 18 Josh Taylor vs Ivan Baranchyk
                June 1 Joshua vs Miller
                June 15 Glowacki vs Briedis
                June 8 or June 15 Andrade vs Sulecki
                June 8 or June 15 GGG vs TBA

And this is just what has been officially announced from now to June you have Canelo, GGG, Joshua (3 of the biggest stars in boxing), WBSS tournament, for 8 bucks a month. And for fans that don't want to pay year long you just have to pay 20 bucks for that fight way cheaper then PPV prices. I just don't see what there is to cry about as a fan and consumer this is a great deal. If you already on DAZN you basically saving 2 bucks from when they first launched. I think the price increase also comes at the same time they are launching their MLB coverage. So you have some folks signing up for boxing, some for MLB, some for bellator, ect ect. For me I could care less about those as a fan of boxing this is cheaper then what I paid for HBO just to watch boxing.

Comment

• Well once Feb, 2020 hits...I'll be cancelling my subscription because I'm not paying 19.99 a month.

The only way I pay that past 2/20 is if Joshua/Wilder is signed before then.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    I like how some are comparing contents of what it has compared to hbo showtime etc....

sure pay for hbo showtime.... you get boxing... maybe some movies game of thrones or whatever... thats all nice and dandy...

but when the really good fights happen I have to shell out close to $100 just for that one night.....

great that hey have boxing... but if you dont watch nothing else you are wasting your money.....

two questions....

does hbo/showtime have fights on nearly every single weekend yes or no?

DAZN will have either boxing or mma on every weekend.... oh and its only gonna cost a yearly price of $8.33 per month if you buy the whole years worth.....
                    you can quickly backtrack, and replay LIVE STREAMING... so if you miss something in a LIVE FIGHT, while they are on break at the corners you can quickly backtrack to see what you missed and then click on the "live" button to go back to the live viewing. Also they have a library of fights that I can watch at anytime that I want. Either on my phone or on my smart tv

Can you do any of this with HBO or showtime?
                    Javi I don't watch MMA so that doesn't impact me.

I understand your point. I brought up additional programming because I had those channels when they weren't investing in boxing. So the boxing was an added bonus.

With DAZN, boxing would be the singular reason for my purchase. In that regard, the service has not produced quality fights but I am sure that will change. If they don't have quality fights, then there is no reason for me to purchase at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                      Surprised they would double the price this early, but I still get to do 10 bucks a month for another year, so it's alright by me
                      pay the year price of $100/12 months comes out to slightly less than $10/month

Comment

Working...
                      X