No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: It Only Makes Sense To Fight Manny Pacquiao Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    If Spence gets the Pac fight then you might get your Christmas present. Dunno how you guys can't see that Spence getting Pac is a good thing.

For ESPN and Showtime/Fox to work together, it has to be a major crossover event that makes loads of cash for both parties. Right now a Spence vs Crawford fight doesn't do that.

But with the Garcia fight followed by the Pac fight, Spence could become big enough ppv wise to get the Crawford fight done.
    I get the business side of Spence fighting a name it's just that Manny is too old at this point to make the fight a " must see" for me.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
      People act like Manny is the only 40yr old on the planet still boxing. Where is all the hate for someone like Joshua picking on old man 39 yr old Povetkin or 41yr old Wlad? Or a 36yr old Manny fighting a 38 yr old semi-shot Floyd? Manny fought JMM when he was nearly 40. He fought a shot Oscar dehydrated to a weight he hadn't fought in 7+ years. No one chastised Manny for that, or any of the other catch-weight advantage fights he had.

The point is, Pacquiao is a professional boxer that is still popular, active, and brings in lots of money. He is still ranked high, and holds the WBA regular belt. Pac said he will BEAT Spence. Why wouldn't Spence want to fight him? Its what boxers do. If everyone is so afraid for Manny's health than start writing letters and beg him to retire. What a bunch of pansy asses.
      Need I remind you that some of those same folks that do not want to see a Spence Pacquioa fight wanted to see a GGG-Mayweather fight two years ago.

Comment

Actually, it would make sense for him to fight Thurman or Porter next if he truly wants to unify.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
          Because mayweather is looked at like he's a GOD. Especially to his "haters"

I think you're talking about the show with Whitlock and Wiley. I didn't see it but I'm almost certain it was Whitlock that said Mayweather was afraid, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            Need I remind you that some of those same folks that do not want to see a Spence Pacquioa fight wanted to see a GGG-Mayweather fight two years ago.
            yeah 2 years ago. i dont think anyone would be against a pac vs spence fight, if it was "2 years ago". feel me?

Comment

Oh boy...what a size difference. I know Manny fights at 147, but the size difference would be similar to Spence challenging Kovalev or any other LHW. People gave GGG a lot crap for fighting Brook, but when you look at the two side by side there is no way in hell you could ask:"Are these guys in the same weight class"? That's the very first question that came to my mind. Besides, Manny is old. You've got to respect Loma for having so much confidence and dignity when he said something to the effect that he didn't want to feed off past their prime champions. I wish 25% of boxing champions had a similar mentality.. But business-wise, Spence is on the money when he calls out Pacman.

Comment

This is get real time!

First it takes Risk taking Blood and Guts TO FIGHT SPENCE!!

You had better be Game !! This Spence is an ACE!! He can fight He can take a shot He can stay in the trenches!! I am impressed that he doesn’t wane or falter but gets MORE INTENSE!!!

Mikey couldn’t do it but he had the game heart to try!

Pac will be in for it and must be perfect but as much as I revel in both Garcia and PAC the intense STORM WILL OVERCOME PAC!!

Forget chicken heart Mayweather 😂🐇🐣🐥He knows boxing!! He Knows Spence would break him down and brutally Knock Him OUT!! Hand it to him folks! He could not run his way out of this fight. When in the fight with Maidana he cried like a little girl when cut shawww mannn Spence would be on Jr so intense that Jr would jump out da ring . Jr has proven he is Not Game!!🐣🐥🐤🐔🐇

Spence vs Crawford should be the FIGHT !!! Are y’all watching Crawford’s AGE???!! He will be out of Prime soon !! The sorry wretched promoters better get it together!!!

Comment

Thurman and Spence begging for a Pacquiao fight but won't fight each other.

Yay.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
                    PAC has already been beat so that destroys that narrative. he's already passed the torch lol.b
                    Pass the FOTD Torch to Spence!?

Comment

Pac is a warrior. Lets get it on. And If Pac wins against the said "Unbeatable" Spence they should considered Pac as the Greatest Boxer Ever. Pac humbling the young giant.

Comment

Working...
                      X