No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: It Only Makes Sense To Fight Manny Pacquiao Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
    Can't blame Spence for wanting Manny but I really wish the promoters would do the right thing and have a Spence/Crawford matchup. Give the fans a Christmas present and have this fight by the end of the year!
    If Spence gets the Pac fight then you might get your Christmas present. Dunno how you guys can't see that Spence getting Pac is a good thing.

For ESPN and Showtime/Fox to work together, it has to be a major crossover event that makes loads of cash for both parties. Right now a Spence vs Crawford fight doesn't do that.

But with the Garcia fight followed by the Pac fight, Spence could become big enough ppv wise to get the Crawford fight done.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
      He's right, it makes total sense. Only two fighters out there can build his stardom, Pac and Canelo. He's not jumping two weight divisions when he can fight his way to the middleweight division and collect titles along the way.
      Yes. Passing of Torch from Pacquiao from Oscar dela Hoya from Julio Chavez Sr. The man who beat the man. Last hurrah!

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
        If Spence gets the Pac fight then you might get your Christmas present. Dunno how you guys can't see that Spence getting Pac is a good thing.

For ESPN and Showtime/Fox to work together, it has to be a major crossover event that makes loads of cash for both parties. Right now a Spence vs Crawford fight doesn't do that.

But with the Garcia fight followed by the Pac fight, Spence could become big enough ppv wise to get the Crawford fight done.
        Build up in July, Spence vs Pacman. Crawford is coming to town later.

Comment

Manny has s choice both Spence and Thurman want to fight him next. A nice problem to have.

Comment

I'm more interested in Errol fighting Crawford or even Porter who I genuinely don't like the way he fights. The Pacquiao fight would be my least favorite but it's still a good fight because of styles.

Manny will be the first fighter with real power that Errol fights and I think if he lands he'll manage to keep Errol honest for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Dle View Post
              Spence will not be trying to put hurt on PAC. He’s looking for a major PPV promo to exhibit his skills. PAC doesn’t want to chance it at this stage of his career. I’m with him
              Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
              He's right, it makes total sense. Only two fighters out there can build his stardom, Pac and Canelo. He's not jumping two weight divisions when he can fight his way to the middleweight division and collect titles along the way.
              Originally posted by Letmaku View Post
              Yes. Passing of Torch from Pacquiao (...) Last hurrah!
              ... Spence vs Pacquiao at the AT&T would sell over 50,000 tickets and sell good PPV units... "Passing the torch" fight (this unless Floyd decides to rematch Pac...)

Comment

If they want to make Spence a PPV attraction then there's no better opponent to do that with than Pacquiao.

Apart from Canelo or Floyd (who obviously aren't available to Errol) no one has the name recognition that Pac has.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  If they want to make Spence a PPV attraction then there's no better opponent to do that with than Pacquiao.

Apart from Canelo or Floyd (who obviously aren't available to Errol) no one has the name recognition that Pac has.
                  you hit the nail on the head.🥊

Comment

Spence might have to settle for a non-PPV fight next

Comment

Originally posted by Letmaku View Post
                      Yes. Passing of Torch from Pacquiao from Oscar dela Hoya from Julio Chavez Sr. The man who beat the man. Last hurrah!
                      PAC has already been beat so that destroys that narrative. he's already passed the torch lol.b

Comment

Working...
                      X