No announcement yet.

Was Mikey Garcia exposed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    He wan't "exposed" but most people expected Mikey who happens to be a highly skilled boxer to put up a good fight but the end result was not even remotely competitive. Spence undressed Mikey and beat him up in every aspect of the game. Nobody thought Spence would dominate like that.
    Huh?

Anyone who really knows boxing did.

I predicted a stoppage in fact.

Comment

He is nothing special. Has balls but his footwork is **** and he has no power

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        He is nothing special. Has balls but his footwork is **** and he has no power
        His footwork is fine against guys not a foot taller with an 8" reach advantage per arm. He should have never taken this fight and it was never going to be competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          His footwork is fine against guys not a foot taller with an 8" reach advantage per arm. He should have never taken this fight and it was never going to be competitive.
          Nah my man you are giving him way too much credit and let’s not exaggerate either. Loma is way smaller than Spence but bet the farm he gives him a much tougher fight because he has great footwork speed and accuracy. Mikey was just beating up on bums and smaller guys

Comment

No, he just bit off more than he can chew. I do think he was slightly overrated prior to the Spence fight, but he was overmatched in this one. Right now, 140 is a ghost town. As I predicted in another thread, I think he becomes a catch weight fighter going forward. Pull up lightweights to 138+ and pull down welterweights to 143 or so. He has the name recognition to get a few big fights going for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              No, he just bit off more than he can chew. I do think he was slightly overrated prior to the Spence fight, but he was overmatched in this one. Right now, 140 is a ghost town. As I predicted in another thread, I think he becomes a catch weight fighter going forward. Pull up lightweights to 138+ and pull down welterweights to 143 or so. He has the name recognition to get a few big fights going for himself.

Yep, with Mikey's big fanbase, there's no reason NOT to become a catchweight guy at this point. Enhance his chances of winning by outweighing smaller dudes and by draining bigger dudes down.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                Huh?

Anyone who really knows boxing did.

I predicted a stoppage in fact.
                All that stuff about "knows" boxing is silly. I predicted a stoppage too but never saw this fight as one sided as this. Mikey didn't win a round.

Comment

It's safe to say that Spence was the best opponent of his career. So I say yeah he was exposed.

Comment

Mikey is a very good fighter, but he's not at the level where he can move up two weight classes and outbox a top ww. Yes, he was exposed as not having many dimensions to his game.

Comment

of course not. he fought a big, elite welterweight with a good chin and punching power. what did you think would happen? errol spence is a very good fighter and a lot of credit should be given to him for how well his power carries into the late rounds.

so the guy isn't roberto duran, and that means he was exposed? very few people have come up from 126 lbs to have success at WW against an elite fighter. armstrong, pacquiao, there are not a ton of others! robert guerro, but he didn't beat great fighters and spence would have beaten the bag out of him. i can't think of many more! even floyd and oscar started north of featherweight!

Comment

Working...
                      X