Comments Thread For: Wilder vs. Breazeale, May 18th at Barclays on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
    It’s a shame it was all
    Posted Wilde meeting dazn and his manager saying they have a lot to think about

Also every major outlet confirming it

Try again

You seem upset at everyone calling wilder a fraud and ducker
    AJ and Hearn said the same about the $50M offer at the time

There were no proof of funds and Eddie Hearn did not have a lunch with team Wilder = it's a fake offer

Stop spreading false information about a fake $100M offer please

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      AJ and Hearn said the same about the $50M offer time

There were no proof of funds and Eddie Hearn did not have a lunch with team Wilder = it's a fake offer

Stop spreading false information about a fake $100M offer please
      Keep clutching

The boxing world has spoken, wilder ducked aj. Difference is wilder rejected the offer of 100m or 120m

Aj and Hearn asked for a contract and we all know how that ended up

Wilder crying as it forced him to fight aj

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        This is great for fans don't have to pay PPV. Showtime heard all the complaints when it leaked that it was going to be on PPV. And frankly it would of bombed and been a bad look for Wilder. But I don't see how this is good for Wilder because the reason they were planning PPV was to help bridge the gap closer between the 12M offer from ESPN. With PPV and a big name opponent Wilder only got a 7M paycheck. Without PPV Wilder's carer payday was 1.9M against Ortiz. DAZN almost doubled what ESPN was willing to pay for the Breazeale fight. No way he is now getting anything close to 20M or even 12M now. And he takes all the risk.
        What if they got Leo Santa Cruz and Gary Russell Jr as the co-main event? Would it then be good for PPV?

Comment

• With the "I don't care about the money, I want to bring the fight home" bit dead, does Anthony Joshua again walk away from $50m against 50% of the proceeds to fight Deontay Wilder in a bout for the undisputed heavyweight championship?

Hammer out the UK TV piece of the deal and whatever else, but does Joshua say no to the offer a second time.

Comment

• A couple things.

I think this deal being turned down is more about Haymon's empire than the actual good of the fighter, unless they broke off Wilder with a $110 million contract behind the scenes, this is a clear case of management taking advantage of an uneducated boxer.

Wilder is doing whats best for his handlers, not himself, they want to control the general stream of revenue, or at least have access to it, this deal cuts them out of it, they are after a joint PPV.

On the flip side, if Wilder knocks AJ out in 1 round, he would be contractually obligated to make the same amount of money in the rematch, that could have been worked through, that to me was the only sticking point.

This is a terrible day for Deontay Wilder, I am a fan, but this is straight BS as it relates to his image.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
              I wonder if it will be on ITV4 over here.
              No reason for it not to be, tbh. Haymon is building the relationship with ITV, it's one of the big premier fights that Haymon will put on, though Haymon has no quarrel with Adam Smith (boxing head at Sky Sports) from what's been made public.

Now that I think about it, why can't Adam Smith work as the intermediary to make the fight?

Haymon and Smith square away a number for the UK TV rights to a potential Wilder-Joshua fight (with Sky Sports getting Wilder-Breazeale at a fair price to keep in good faith), and Smith acts in a Les Moonves role, as a common party that both sides trust to act in good faith.

Yo... that might end up being the move, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
                A couple things.

I think this deal being turned down is more about Haymon's empire than the actual good of the fighter, unless they broke off Wilder with a $110 million contract behind the scenes, this is a clear case of management taking advantage of an uneducated boxer.

Wilder is doing whats best for his handlers, not himself, they want to control the general stream of revenue, or at least have access to it, this deal cuts them out of it, they are after a joint PPV.

On the flip side, if Wilder knocks AJ out in 1 round, he would be contractually obligated to make the same amount of money in the rematch, that could have been worked through, that to me was the only sticking point.

This is a terrible day for Deontay Wilder, I am a fan, but this is straight BS as it relates to his image.
                How would that have been worked through? DAZN would have a legally binding agreement with Wilder at a price, and be under no pressure to tear up the deal.

Split the pot; simple as that. Wilder gets something between 40% and 50% as his share, both fighters get enough of a guarantee to ease their minds, and both camps make the event as big for them as is possible, with either a handshake to push for the rematch or at least have the splits figured out.

Hopefully folks talk again after June

Comment

• Yea buddy! breezy I hope you've been training hard.all that smack talking.it would be pretty embarrassing pal if you lost another big one lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    He would have lost the Joshua fights anyways if he lost to Breazeale on DAZN. Only difference? Would have still had a 20M payday. Now? Who knows joe much he's getting paid for this fight.

But he's not locked up to any network deal so who is to say the fight doesn't happen next anyways?
                    It sure as heck isn't 20 mil to fight Breazeale, especially given that it's a regular televised Showtime fight. If he loses or even struggles against Breazeale, his bargaining power becomes nil against AJ. It's funny though; when the fight didn't get made against Joshua, Wilder bad mouthed him in a big way. But when Fury moved to ESPN, I didn't hear so much from Deontay in protest. Maybe it's because he sc****d by with a draw by the skin of his teeth against the gypsy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                      It sure as heck isn't 20 mil to fight Breazeale, especially given that it's a regular televised Showtime fight. If he loses or even struggles against Breazeale, his bargaining power becomes nil against AJ. It's funny though; when the fight didn't get made against Joshua, Wilder bad mouthed him in a big way. But when Fury moved to ESPN, I didn't hear so much from Deontay in protest. Maybe it's because he sc****d by with a draw by the skin of his teeth against the gypsy.
                      Huh? He went on like 10 twitter rants on Fury lol.

And yeah, definitely a fair bet he's not getting 20M vs Breazeale. But he's banking on winning and then getting the Joshua fight for even more than 40M. We will see if the risk pans out.

And no, he's not losing luster even if he struggles. A fight the Undisputed HW title with two big punchers is going to sell big....BIG.

Comment

Working...
                      X