Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: I'd Want Mikey at 140, But There Are Fights at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
    I think Mikey Garcia vs Danny Garcia at 147 is a good matchup and a fight Mikey can win...
    I don’t think Danny would entertain the fight and I don’t blame him. Size wise they are almost similar though Danny witnessed his rival beat up on Mikey in a mismatch in terms of competitiveness. Mikey knows he is not on Spence’s level and to risk going up against Mikey and potentially losing would not be a good look. Danny even with no belts is still the money man of the division and he probably has a lot more attractive options in terms of if he was to lose he wouldn’t be ridiculed

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... that's what fighters usually say before fights... don't forget: they had to sell tickets at the AT&T stadium and PPVs...
      Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
      Mikey told Spence to his face “you remind me a bit of myself but I have quicker hands ,quicker feet a better inside game and better ring IQ.” You can’t get more disrespectful than that. Well you can he went on to say “ I see holes in your game that I will exploit you have never faced a guy like me” After that I sprinted out of my house and put 2k on Spence to win which was absolutely s#hit odds
      I think they watched the Brook fight and meant that stuff. Maybe they thought that Spence would struggle to make weight and be drained as well. All I know is that at the weigh in presser when Spence said "keep that same energy", the fight was over and Garcia knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... that's what fighters usually say before fights... don't forget: they had to sell tickets at the AT&T stadium and PPVs...
        I know . He looked so sincere and candid when he spoke those words. I can tell Spence was offended. I even had to look back on some Mikey’s fights to remind myself if he is in fact telling the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          I think they watched the Brook fight and meant that stuff. Maybe they thought that Spence would struggle to make weight and be drained as well. All I know is that at the weigh in presser when Spence said "keep that same energy", the fight was over and Garcia knew it.
          Lololololol

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
            I think Mikey Garcia vs Danny Garcia at 147 is a good matchup and a fight Mikey can win...
            Not sure what belt Garcia’s got atm lol... jokes..... pre Saturday I probably would have agreed with you.... but he didn’t show me anything that makes me think he can compete at the elite level at 147.... he looked so slow and one dimensiol, I dont think he carried the weight well.... respect the **** out of him for challenging himself, don’t see it very often.... lol Mikey goes up 2 weight divisions and challenges the number1 guy, even if it is a fat paycheque( don’t have a clue what he got paid). But wilder and Joshua( in the same weight class) won’t fight each other and there gonna get like 40m each

Comment

I still wanna see Loma Garcia and it won't happen at 140 in my opinion. Maybe he can step down to 135 by going to 140 later this year and the back to 135 next year. 135 was his best weight in my view.
              Me too. I also believe Loma will beat him but he doesn’t have a chance in hell of stopping him. To be fair Mikey will go in the fight basically thinking” I have 36 minutes to catch him flush and end the dance” I still believe Loma will outbox him. Mikey is too slow

Comment

I think they watched the Brook fight and meant that stuff. Maybe they thought that Spence would struggle to make weight and be drained as well. (...)
                ... (even shot and drained) Brook was no joke vs Spence...

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                  I know . He looked so sincere and candid when he spoke those words. I can tell Spence was offended. I even had to look back on some Mikey’s fights to remind myself if he is in fact telling the truth.
                  ... I don't know: Spence is too cool and confident...

Comment

Mikey has been exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirus View Post
                      Go back to 140.
                      Prograis or Josh Taylor would make Garcia look like a punching bag exactly like Spence did. It's good Jose Ramirez is with Top Rank so Garcia wont be able to cherry pick a fight with him and pretend he is the best at 140.

Comment

Working...
                      X