Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the better pure boxer crawford or spence?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Crawford has more tools in his offensive toolbox, but he has a tendency to have defensive lapses. Spence seems more deliberate offensively but he has shown a little better defensive acumen. Still chose Crawford bc spence has been outboxed by brook, without much altering of game plan.

Comment

Spence has great fundamentals and footwork - technically superb, as well as being measured and patient. Great engine too, although I notice folk don't often mention it... keeps up a high volume and level of activity over 12.

Bud is also technically brilliant but probably has more flair and is more innovative on the attack, both with his angles and his switch-hitting. With Errol you probably can understand what's happening to you but he just does it so well it's hard to beat... with Bud that shit's gonna come at you outta nowhere.

Tortoise and hare ain't really the right analogy... more like the relentless stalker against the mercurial fencer... for fans of Jack London, White Fang vs Cherokee maybe.

I ain't gonna give up hope, but damn I'm starting to worry this one's never gonna get made, which would be a damn shame.
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-19-2019, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Tortoise and hare ain't really the right analogy... more like the relentless stalker against the mercurial fencer... for fans of Jack London, White Fang vs Cherokee maybe.
        Brillant analogy

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
          I think Crawford has more tools in his offensive toolbox, but he has a tendency to have defensive lapses. Spence seems more deliberate offensively but he has shown a little better defensive acumen. Still chose Crawford bc spence has been outboxed by brook, without much altering of game plan.
          this is worth noting.....he did not make any adjustments in the brook or garcia fights.....the game plan just worked....that won't cut it against crawford

Comment

Working...
          X