Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Both Mikey's and Errol's Stock Drop Last Night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikey came to win. He found out he didnt have the tools to overcome the massive size difference inherent in the matchup.

Spence was faster, with longer reach, and - very important - quicker feet. Mikey could not close the distance and after 4-5 rounds was just headhunting for a 1 punch difference maker...and it wasnt gonna happen against Spencer

Spencer did not lose stock. People who dont understand boxing had him rated higher than he actually is. Spencer is a good pressure fighter with a strong jab and hes quick. Hes shown nothing more than that.

Good speed, decent-good power, good technique (although it's not complicated), good footwork. He does nothing great though.

The only WW that can match him is Terrence Crawford. I favor Manny Pacquiao should they fight, but that's mainly due to craftiness and experience.

Manny will hit and hurt Errald. I guarantee it. Errald is not better than Morales, MAB, JMM, Floyd, DLH, or Cotto. Manny will get inside and chin check Mr Spencer. We'll find out then what hes made of
    Last edited by Bjl12; 03-17-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

No one's stock dropped. Errol did what he was supposed to do. Beat the smaller guy up pretty bad. Garcia shocked everyone by the beating he took. he took a worse beating than Kell Brook did. That's not a good thing long term. I think he needs to take another year off to recover but thats just my opinion. I know the fight with Lomachenko will without a doubt happen now because Loma will end what's left of him(something I predicted as soon as this fight was signed)

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasJK View Post
        Simple answer,... yes and yes.
        Mikey slid a little bit taking a loss and blemish to his record. But he’s still a talent to be reckeonned with. He’s lucky to have survived.
        Spence took a nose dive. Couldn’t get a smaller man out of there like he should have. Not sure he can handle a speedier Pac-Man. I think Spence and crawford are about even at this point.
        Thanks for admitting Spencer did nothing wrong. The only wrongdoing was you and how deeply your mouth was on another man's dick. Sorry you have zero insight and get your boxing "knowledge" by regurgitating Stephen Smith or WonderWhiteBreadMan.

Spencer will be around for awhile because he is good. He is not a fraud like Danny Garcia, MMAPorter, or Thurman. Spencer will get worse as he moves up in weight because his success relies heavily on his physicality...which will be less advantageous against bigger opponents.

Mikey did great. Just couldn't get inside against a guy who outweighed him, out reached him, was taller, and quicker.

I dont fault Mikey at all for jumping 2 weight classes and trying. That's a heroic effort

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
          No one's stock dropped. Errol did what he was supposed to do. Beat the smaller guy up pretty bad. Garcia shocked everyone by the beating he took. he took a worse beating than Kell Brook did. That's not a good thing long term. I think he needs to take another year off to recover but thats just my opinion. I know the fight with Lomachenko will without a doubt happen now because Loma will end what's left of him(something I predicted as soon as this fight was signed)
          What fight were you watching?

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasJK View Post
            Simple answer,... yes and yes.
            Mikey slid a little bit taking a loss and blemish to his record. But he’s still a talent to be reckeonned with. He’s lucky to have survived.
            Spence took a nose dive. Couldn’t get a smaller man out of there like he should have. Not sure he can handle a speedier Pac-Man. I think Spence and crawford are about even at this point.
            I'm so sick of everyone protecting a "0". Granted this fight was stupid and didn't need to happen, but I think if young fighters lose a close decision early in their career, it will make them greater in the long run because they will not be scared to take another loss. If Leonard had never loss to Duran, do you think he would have put his undefeated record on the line and came out of retirement to face Hagler in 87? I don't think so.

When fighters get up there in age and are undefeated, they tend to want that undefeated retirement and that is horrible for boxing. I just hate to see 5 and 6 fighters in the top 10 of a division being undefeated. That means the top fighters aren't fighting each other

Comment

Spences' stock goes up because he displayed great boxing skills; completely confused Mikey by movement and a dominant jab. Garcia and his corner couldn't figure out hiw to get past the jab. Mikey may be mentally ruined by his beat down like Al Gore when Gore lost to Bush. We may see Mikey wandering around LA holding a paper bag with a tequila bottle in it. I hope not but he needs to take time off then come back and fight a stiff to get his mojo back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                garcia got beat the hell up last night and he didn't run. He stood there and took it at times firing back. He never took a knee(like brook did twice) to take a break from the beating. He didn't clinch and didn't run. He took his 12 round beating like a man and I respect it. I'm just mad the fight was made because there was enough comp at lw and jw for him.

Comment

Thanks for admitting Spencer did nothing wrong.

Spencer will be around for awhile because he is good.

Spencer will get worse as he moves up in weight because his success relies heavily on his physicality...which will be less advantageous against bigger opponents.

Spencer did not lose stock. People who dont understand boxing had him rated higher than he actually is.

Spencer is a good pressure fighter with a strong jab and hes quick. Hes shown nothing more than that.

Manny will get inside and chin check Mr Spencer.

Manny will hit and hurt Errald.

Errald is not better than Morales, MAB, JMM, Floyd, DLH, or Cotto.
                  Who is "Spencer"? Who is "Errald"?

Do you think your opinion means anything to anyone on this board when you repeatedly can't get either the first or the last name of the boxer correct?
                  Last edited by Granath; 03-17-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                    Spences' stock goes up because he displayed great boxing skills; completely confused Mikey by movement and a dominant jab. Garcia and his corner couldn't figure out hiw to get past the jab. Mikey may be mentally ruined by his beat down like Al Gore when Gore lost to Bush. We may see Mikey wandering around LA holding a paper bag with a tequila bottle in it. I hope not but he needs to take time off then come back and fight a stiff to get his mojo back.
                    I agree with you on Spence. He looked great. Fast hands, in and out, good defense, excellent jab and used angles all night.

As for Mikey, I'm not concerned with his mental state. If he was mentally weak he'd have thrown in the towel. I'd be more worried about his physical health. He took a bit of a beating and at his age those fights tend to cause permanent damage. He also had to jump up two weight classes. Losing the weight can be difficult enough but sometimes you never regain the speed (case in point: RJJ).

Comment

garcia got beat the hell up last night and he didn't run. He stood there and took it at times firing back. He never took a knee(like brook did twice) to take a break from the beating. He didn't clinch and didn't run. He took his 12 round beating like a man and I respect it. I'm just mad the fight was made because there was enough comp at lw and jw for him.
                      So, again, what fight were YOU watching? Mikey was beaten by a larger and more physical opponent. Nothing Spence did "confused" Mikey...Spence was just too big. It's not any more complicated than that.

And to suggest Mikey suffered a career ending beating??? The guy was hardly bruised and might've been buzzed 2-3 times in the ENTIRE fight. Nearly everything Errald threw was blocked, parried, partially blocked, or was glancing. Or...Spencer just doesnt have the power people are led to believe he does...because Mikey is a full-time boxer...even if hes a 2 weight class smaller full-time boxer.

Lamont Peterson, Chris Algieri, and everyone else on Spencer's resume are part-time/retired/kick boxers. Kell Brook was 4-4 after 8 rounds...and that was Kell coming off his first loss, a TKO, reconstructive surgery..and it was an even fight till he gassed (which is what happens when you go up and down weight classes - you dont know boxing or have never done it).

Spencer just picked on a smaller fighter. Let's see him vs Manny or Canelo/GGG. He called those guys out too. Maybe he'll have the same balls Mikey did?? Doubtful :-/

Comment

Working...
                      X