No announcement yet.

SPENCE took SRL’s pick TOO Personal - kept mentioning it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPENCE took SRL’s pick TOO Personal - kept mentioning it

I feel sorry for Spence. It is the nature of the game to hear what past greats say. Spence mentioned SRL before and after the fight about the reassurance that he can also “box.”

If I were Spence, I’d be more worried that SRL dared at higher weight classes tbh.
    Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 03-17-2019, 07:47 AM.

All Spence can do is prove his doubters wrong. I know SRL picking Mikey didn't sit all that well with him, but he didn't become disrespectful, he just reminded the audience, including SRL, that he was wrong in picking Mikey.

Comment

He rightfully took it personal.

Sugar Ray is a traitor to his race.

Comment

They should spar it out

Comment

Agreed. I like Spence, but that **** was cringey. Where dem liberals at now to scream and yell about racial separation? Spence just stood up there and said he expects his ethnic group to support him no matter what. How gay would that sound had it been a white dude?

On a sidenote Fox has done an excellent job in hyping this fight, even afterwards they made it seem like a better fight than it ever was. The post-fight interviews looked like UFC material - job well done. Just really good production.

Comment

He's probably just as saddened as we are that SRL knows dick about boxing despite being such a phenomenal fighter

Comment

SRL literally said he picked Mikey "Because it's Mikey...".

You'd expect this from casuals, but its pretty obvious SRL isn't paying attention. Sounding poetic and making sweeping statements just sounds cooler I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
                He's probably just as saddened as we are that SRL knows dick about boxing despite being such a phenomenal fighter
                Leonard's problem, if it is a problem is he doesn't like to say negative things about fighters. He probably doesn't follow the sport as much as he should but I think that's his major stumbling block.

Comment

Spence has mentioned numerous times how he has looked up to SRL so it probably hurt him that one of his favorites picked against him…. But no need to get salty about it. SRL was just giving his opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    Leonard's problem, if it is a problem is he doesn't like to say negative things about fighters. He probably doesn't follow the sport as much as he should but I think that's his major stumbling block.
                    Yeah sounds like a casual at a fight party trying to be impartial.

Comment

Working...
                    X