Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscar De La Hoya Tries to Recruit Errol Spence on Twitter and Then.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
    I remember seeing Eric Gomez around Canelo when he was at 147. Who’s Eric Gomez to Oscar? They’ve been knowing about Canelo without Schaefer. It was Schaefer’s job to run GBP, part of the package.

And Mikey and Spence filled out Cowboys stadium. I do recall the crowd loud for Mikey too
    Yea glad you brought up Mikey because Oscar said the same about him. Neither one has a promoter & they filled that stadium.

Schafer built Canelo. This is not even up for discussion

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      Some of these guys are brainwashed. That kind of stupid mentality is the reason why Wilder won't sign with DAZN.
      I think so. Ward never messed with Haymon too. I remember Thurman, Quillin, Broner all dissing Roc Nation too.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Yea glad you brought up Mikey because Oscar said the same about him. Neither one has a promoter & they filled that stadium.

Schaefer’s job was to run GBP, why do you think he got paid. Who’s building Tank? Haymon, Ellerbe or Floyd? If they’re all affiliated to sell Tank, what’s your point for a GBP CEO at the time to “talk” about its fighters? Eric Gomez was the fundamental for Canelo same way BHop pushed for Swift Garcia

Comment

Built? Canelo became a bigger name, better fighter, and made more money after Schafer left. GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
            Schaefer’s job was to run GBP, why do you think he got paid. Who’s building Tank? Haymon, Ellerbe or Floyd? If they’re all affiliated to sell Tank, what’s your point for a GBP CEO at the time to “talk” about its fighters? Eric Gomez was the fundamental for Canelo same way BHop pushed for Swift Garcia
            Originally posted by War Dinamita View Post
            Built? Canelo became a bigger name, better fighter, and made more money after Schafer left. GTFO.
            Because of the work Schaefer did building him. The, Trout, Floyd & Lara ( both fights Oscar didn't want) built Canelo. Oscar was off snorting coke & cross dressing. Schaefer was the CEO. Meaning he set the direction of the company and Canelo's career path. He was the one who decided to build Canelo on Floyd's undercards. Even recognizing Canelo's drawing power by putting him on the undercard at a split site. I can't believe y'all even trying to dispute this.

Comment

Because of the work Schaefer did building him. The, Trout, Floyd & Lara ( both fights Oscar didn't want) built Canelo. Oscar was off snorting coke & cross dressing. Schaefer was the CEO. Meaning he set the direction of the company and Canelo's career path. I can't believe y'all even trying to dispute this.
              How can you build someone when he's the one making the decisions on who he fights? Canelo has always decided on who he fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                Spence was the most vocal in how they treated Sadam Ali. Was really unhappy with how that was handled
                Okay cool, so he didn't like what happened to Ali....But Ali isn't a "brotha" that Spence was referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Damn............

But I don't think that is true. When GBP were running the show with now Haymon fighters, they treated Black fighters well. This stigma gets thrown around that Haymon doesn't treat Latino fighter well or GBP doesn't treat Black fighters well but don't think either is true. Spence obviously has no incentive to sign with GBP, but dude probably didn't need to respond this way.
                  Lol dang oscar delete that tweet quickly, wasnt spence deontay wilder and the charlos under Golden boy when richard shaefer was in charge?

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    Lol dang oscar delete that tweet quickly, wasnt spence deontay wilder and the charlos under Golden boy when richard shaefer was in charge?
                    I don't think Spence actually ever signed to GBP but yes, he was fighting on GBP shows until the split happened end of 2014, early 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

Oscar stays getting owned.

Comment

Working...
                      X