No announcement yet.

ESPN ranks Deontay Wilder as the most famous boxer of 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Wilder, Search Score = 100, Endorsements = $1.6 mil, Social Following = 2.5 mil

Fury, Search Score = 79, Endorsements = $2.65 mil, Social Following = 21.5 mil

Joshua, Search Score = 27, Endorsements = $7 mil, Social Following = 7.7 mil

Canelo, Search Score = 44, Endorsements = $2.5 mil, Social Following = 4 mil

Tell me how it's possible to have Wilder ahead of others?
    His search score is 100 from people googling his name to find out who he is

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
      These lists are biased towards American athletes. No way are those basketball players more known worldwide than the soccer players.
      Agreed something doesn’t add up. Not sure the sea search score makes sense?

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
        Twitter Facebook and Instagram Fury does not have 21M followers
        The list says it takes the social media following of their highest rated account so they’re saying he has that many followers on Facebook because I know it’s not twitter or insta.

Comment

This list is ridiculous. You really think wilder is more famous than obj??

Comment

Espn is heavily biased towards Americans. Look at their p4p lists.

Comment

I think even the Wilder fans know this is bs.

If it's based off his highest one day search total then, ok that explains it. Boxers fight only a couple of times a year compared to the other sportsmen who play regularly

It's a bunch of casuals after the Fury fight trying to figure out who he is. And I'm not joking.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                I think even the Wilder fans know this is bs.

If it's based off his highest one day search total then, ok that explains it. Boxers fight only a couple of times a year compared to the other sportsmen who play regularly

It's a bunch of casuals after the Fury fight trying to figure out who he is. And I'm not joking.
                what does espn have to gain by fudging it in wilders favor? nothing!!! he doesnt fight for espn and in fact they just signed a rival of his....

face it people....wilder is known...between the buzz about an AJ fight and an actual fury fight wilder has become known to even casuals

espn and DAZN are trying to throw money at him to get him on board....

i know it hurts to see wilder on a list about popularity since you all swore he makes 1 mil a fight and nobody knows who he is...and that he only can fight and beat bums.....i know it hurts.....but just face the probability that you are wrong for once! i know its hard to swallow! my guess is youll be wrong again before your life is over...

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyValmer View Post
                  ESPN ranks Deontay Wilder as the most famous boxer of 2019 and 34th in all athletes.

Ranked #34 out of 100 and ahead of guys like 39. Tyson Fury 63. Anthony Joshua 68. Canelo Alvarez 78. Gennady Golovkin 83. Manny Pacquiao.

Source : http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...-fame-100-2019

ESPN WORLD FAME 100 2019 DESCRIPTION

How do you know you're famous? When everyone is talking about you, or in this day and age, looking you up on Google. For our fourth annual World Fame 100, we bring you each athlete's most searched moment worldwide, as measured by Google Trends. To identify the 100 most famous athletes in the world, we started with 800 of the biggest names in sports, drawn from 78 countries. We then ranked them based on a formula that took into account three fame factors:

SEARCH SCORE
                  Measuring how often a name is searched on Google. We took a weighted average of an athlete's Google Trends peak score (how much he spiked on his most searched day) and his average score (how much he was searched throughout 2018, on average.)

ENDORSEMENT DOLLARS
                  Our sources ranged from Forbes to ESPN contributors.

SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS
                  Since not all athletes are on every platform, we used only the number from their most popular account.
                  34 among all athletes! Hahahahahahahah!.

There are 33 better known female tennis players than Deontay Wilder.

AJ is far better known. This is a hint from ESPN to cosy up to Wilder. Their Fury deal has less value if he (Fury) cant fight one of the other big name Brits. They know Wilder needs a more legit excuse to duck Joshua so this is a move with plenty of forethought.
                  Wilder's attitude, and collusion with the WBC to keep that strap stateside - is dragging HW boxing down.
                  Forget all the money being thrown around, what good is that is it is excruciating for fans who just want to see Wilder stop ducking and actually make the fight with AJ.
                  The lengths he has gone to to avoid AJ are becoming increasingly fly bizarre, there may be something very sinister that all of us dint know about, but he seems to be under complete control of his master(s).
                  #enslaved by Finkel. Please set Deontay free Shelley, he wants to be one name one face

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    what does espn have to gain by fudging it in wilders favor? nothing!!! he doesnt fight for espn and in fact they just signed a rival of his....

face it people....wilder is known...between the buzz about an AJ fight and an actual fury fight wilder has become known to even casuals

i know it hurts to see wilder on a list about popularity since you all swore he makes 1 mil a fight and nobody knows who he is...and that he only can fight and beat bums.....i know it hurts.....but just face the probability that you are wrong for once! i know its hard to swallow! my guess is youll be wrong again before your life is over...
                    Funny that. You are never one to take things at face value usually but I guess because this is something you want to believe it’s 100% facts 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post

I don't think they have anything to gain. That's why I didn't even slightly imply that they did.

I just think it's a flawed list, and gave a reason why I thought that.

Let's be fair, most people don't know boxers. The one day search stat pretty clearly skews the figures. Make it an annual figure and you might have two or three left, but probably outside the to 50.
                      Last edited by Toffee; 03-16-2019, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X