Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Here's Why Spence-Garcia Should Air On FOX, Not FOX PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Here's Why Spence-Garcia Should Air On FOX, Not FOX PPV

By Keith Idec - DALLAS Mikey Garcia is realistic. The undefeated four-division champion understands that four inches, 15 to 20 pounds and 24-0 aren't the only numerical challenges he'll encounter Saturday night. Neither he nor Errol Spence Jr. has ever headlined a pay-per-view show, which makes $75 a daunting fig...
    [Click Here To Read More]

The media hurting boxing. They need to be thankful. We have two boxers that come to fight. I like both so I'll celebrate the winner and respect the loser. I'm buying it and will enjoy. 🥊

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
      The media hurting boxing. They need to be thankful. We have two boxers that come to fight. I like both so I'll celebrate the winner and respect the loser. I'm buying it and will enjoy. 🥊
      True, if he doesn't want to watch it no need to write a long boring article. Some of these people are really running out of articles to write.

Comment

Agreed, missed opportunity for network tv.

Comment

Damn, Mikey and Errol are getting paid! That's wassup!

Comment

The boxers and the sport would benefit more from the fight being on network TV instead of ppv IMO. FWIW, I have had a number of my boys hit me up about throwing a fight party like old times so maybe ppv will do well.

Comment

Ideally it would have been on Regular Fox to expose it to as many people as possible , But that’s not a possibility if the reported 15-20mil combined purses are correct. This deal is still at its infancy, why risk having a viewership # in the ballpark of what Thurman /Lopez did , Thatd he horrible optics. The big
              Fights on Fox will happen in the future.

You cant expect Haymon to commit 30-40% of his yearly budget on this one fight. When there are like another 6-8 more dates.

The strategy at Fox appears highlight their best fighters to the widest audience and down the road have them in big fights like they did with POrter /Thurman , Thurman /Garcia on CBS and have those generate good ratings , no point
              Busting a nut in the first 4-6 months having the best fights then have decreasing viewership #s the rest of the contract.

Suprised they expect Garcia/Spence to do 300-350k buys . If it does 350 I’d be shocked , wouldn’t that be around the same if not higher then what Wilder / Fury and PAC /Broner did. I don’t think this fights gets near those #s. I was thinking 150-225k , hope I’m wrong though and it does good #s.

Whatever I’m a sucker and they already got my $ . so I just hope that it’s good competitive fight.

Comment

Agreed. This should have been on FOX instead of Porter-Ugas. I guess they had to test the waters at some point with both guys to see if there are any paying customers for them, but this would have been ideal on Free TV.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  The boxers and the sport would benefit more from the fight being on network TV instead of ppv IMO. FWIW, I have had a number of my boys hit me up about throwing a fight party like old times so maybe ppv will do well.
                  That seems to be the norm.

I remember a couple years ago I think Espinoza doing a Interview and saying something like the avg PPV buy is watched by around 6 people. So if this Fight does 3-350k , It’ll be watched by a
                  Couple million people around the same that have tuned in to the First couple cards on Fox.

Comment

pbc loses money if it is on fox

fox is not gonna put up the money

so mikey would have gone to dazn and the fight would not have happened

Comment

Working...
                    X