No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Here's Why Spence-Garcia Should Air On FOX, Not FOX PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOOTALLCLOWNS View Post
    how is it a great fight? it won't even be a fight it'll be a slaughter. how is a physical mismatch good for the sport of boxing? 75 bucks for this not to mention the ****tty undercard. you can go ahead and be a sucker but you have no right to tell others to shut up about it.
    Im interested to see what amazingly insightful opinion you have about Crawford vs Con,or Crawford vs Horn,were those ppv worthy & has top rank ever had ppv worthy fights in last several yrs?...

Comment

They clearly can't afford to do it for free. If they had major sponsorships etc it could work like a regular sport but they just don't have the cash or are not willing to spend like the other sports do.

I am always amazed by people thinking there is this never ending stream of money that can be given to fighters and teams. I suppose some of the major events caused people to think that.

Comment

I've been screaming this since the CBS fox show announcement was made.....there should be no more ppvs coming from pbc, or ESPN for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          Agreed, missed opportunity for network tv.
          yep, if I can't find a high quality stream i have no problem waiting for the next day on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
            I hate so-called boxing fans who talk about a fighter's ring IQ while ignoring the other fight's IQ. Why is Mikey a smarter fighter than Spence?

Also., by talking about ring IQ you are admitting that only way mikey can win is by outsmarting spence. What a bunch of crap. Spence blows him out. even if mikey has a Phd in boxing.

But I will say one thing, if mikey wins he should fight Wilder next for the heavyweight title cause I know he could outsmart Wilder. and Fury too.
            Ima spence fan... me personally I think Spence is just as smart BUT thats what his camp is banking on that he's smarter than spence because he definitely is not knocking him out...

Comment

As stated in the article, the guarantees combined for both fighters are in the 15-20M range. FOX nor CBS is going to put up that type of money for this fight. I mean it would great and do huge numbers, but not realistic.

Comment

No way such a big fight should be on network TV. First of all, Fox would have the card start at 5 PM on the West Coast, the main even wouldn't even be on prime time. Add on all the commercials in between rounds. That's the problem FOX has, it would have bigger ratings if it was able to start its shows a lil later than what they do now. Show starts at 5 and it's over by 8 in the west coast on a Saturday. This PPV will do well, especially with the Hispanic community paying to watch one of their own. Everyone from his hometown is supporting and having PPV viewing parties.

Comment

Similar to how HBO and Showtime Replayed fights the following week on their Networks after a PPV...Fox should do the same, they should replay the fight on FOX the following week at least

Comment

I just got off the plane to Dallas and heard the guy behind me say that there's a really really good fight on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                      I just got off the plane to Dallas and heard the guy behind me say that there's a really really good fight on Saturday.
                      Damn, Schaefer was on to something! This fight definitely doing a million buys!

Comment

Working...
                      X