No announcement yet.

Sources: Wilder rejects 100 million DAZN offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    Yeah.. no. That 115-111 score for Wilder is absolutely and utterly laughable. Wilder's saving graces were the knockdowns that won him rounds. Outside of that, he was thoroughly outclassed. That 115-111 card is a joke. Adelayde Byrd's card in Canelo/Golovkin 1 was a joke. This was an even bigger joke, because while the score was not as wide, the rounds were much clearer.
    The Mexican judge scored it 7-5 to Wilder in rounds minus the knockdowns. The Canadian judge scored it 8-4 to Fury in rounds minus the knockdowns and while the British judge scored it 7-5 in rounds to Fury minus the knockdowns.

So all Fury had to do was win one more round on the British judge's scorecard and he would have won the fight and had been awarded the new WBC heavyweight championship of the world. However, he was just too afraid and cowardly of getting down in the trenches with Deontay Wilder in order to get it because he didn't want it and the judges sensed that he didn't want it either; Which is why they scored the fight the way they did.

Other than that he would have won the fight easily on the scorecards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
      Yeah i thought fury could have got him out of there, roach was right that fury was too cautious.
      Had Fury been any less cautious against Wilder he would have visited the canvas not just twice, but multiple more times.

Comment

• He has to be getting a better offer if this has been rejected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Not really believing it either, but if Wilder backed out, it was likely because DAZN couldn't guarantee that Joshua would've been next.

Give it some time though
          Yeah because it’s never team wilders fault. I’m sure it’s all aj

Comment

• tHe cOnTraCt dOeSnT gUArunTeE aJ nExT.

Like dazn are going to pay wilder 100ms to fight the likes of Washington and arreola lol

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              The truth is, Mannix and Coppinger never wanted Deontay Wilder, Al Haymon or the PBC on DAZN in the first place. That's why they are lying about them rejecting this current 3 fight $100mil offer.
              Lol ok fanboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                Yeah because it’s never team wilders fault. I’m sure it’s all aj
                So far, they've played it straight.

Comment

• Well this is the final dagger or stake through the heart for anyone defending the team Wilder agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                    Lol ok fanboy.
                    Fanboy my ass! I am speaking strictly facts, reality and truth here.

This is complete and absolute bullshit by both Mike Coppinger and Chris Mannix. I've spent hours combing the web for this story in order to help confirm whether or not it's true and couldn't find shit. They along with Oscar De la Hoya are a bunch of bitter, jealous ass rivals who hate Deontay Wilder in general and Al Haymon and the PBC in particular.

In addition, I didn't even come remotely close to finding anything suggesting that Wilder was pulling out of this 3 fight $100mil deal. In addition, I even checked most of the major U.K websites as well; Like the World Boxing News, talkSport and even the U.K. daily mail and found absolutely nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      Fanboy my ass! I am speaking strictly facts, reality and truth here.

This is complete and absolute bullshit by both Mike Coppinger and Chris Mannix. I've spent hours combing the web for this story in order to help confirm whether or not it's true and couldn't find shit. They along with Oscar De la Hoya are a bunch of bitter, jealous ass rivals who hate Deontay Wilder in general and Al Haymon and the PBC in particular.

In addition, I didn't even come remotely close to finding anything suggesting that Wilder was pulling out of this 3 fight $100mil deal. In addition, I even checked most of the major U.K websites as well; Like the World Boxing News, talkSport and even the U.K. daily mail and found absolutely nothing.
                      Coppinger works for PBC.

Comment

Working...
                      X