Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez: Garcia is Special, But Biting Off A lot With Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia's best win? Salido? Broner? He has a lot of good wins. Enough to get on the pound for pound list with the aid of the "eyeball test". Spence is also on the pound for pound list with help from the eyeball test. I'm not sure this is a Duran vs Hagler level fight. It's hard to gauge how good these guys are when they haven't beaten anybody on a HOF level.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Mikey would stand a better chance against Porter quite easily. And Thurman as well, especially in his current form. Porter, especially if he tried to stay on the outside against Mikey would lose a decision.

So no, Mikey didn't go after the champ he has the best chance against. Stylistically, the worst match up for him would 1. Crawford 2. Spence.
      Forgot about porter. Thurman wont stay rusty forever. Spence will get hurt and ud'd or stopped when he fights a top lvl guy that can punch. Beating bigger boxers is harder than beating big guys coming to you with defensive liabilities and a shoddy chin, even if the results of a fail are more brutal in the latter.
      Last edited by SplitSecond; 03-13-2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        Forgot about porter. Thurman wont stay rusty forever. Spence will get hurt and ud'd or stopped when he fights a top lvl guy that can punch. Beating bigger boxers is harder than beating big guys coming to you with defensive liabilities, even if the results of a fail are more brutal in the latter.
        You see Thurman or Porter stopping him? Because Spence held up just fine against Brook. And his defensive "flaws" aren't as bad as you are making them out to be. Does he get hit? Sure, every pressure fighter does, but he's able to block a lot of shots. Brook landed more cleaner and harder shots against GGG in five rounds than he did against Spence for 11 rounds.

Spence bodies Thurman and beats up Porter for UD or late stoppage.

Spence/Crawford/Mikey are the best talents at WW right now.

Comment

How do you know? Micky never fought in WW. We know nothing about Garcia WW's performance until Saturday. Saying that Micky is best talent in WW is saying Usyk is the best talent in Hevyweight. We dont know... at all.

Comment

Originally posted by fixpont View Post
            How do you know? Micky never fought in WW. We know nothing about Garcia WW's performance until Saturday. Saying that Micky is best talent in WW is saying Usyk is the best talent in Hevyweight. We dont know... at all.
            Fair, but I didn't say best fighter....I said best talent. And I'd pick Garcia over Porter and DSG. The Thurman fight would be tough and close to a pick-em, but I stand by my top three rankings.

Comment

You see Thurman or Porter stopping him? Because Spence held up just fine against Brook. And his defensive "flaws" aren't as bad as you are making them out to be. Does he get hit? Sure, every pressure fighter does, but he's able to block a lot of shots. Brook landed more cleaner and harder shots against GGG in five rounds than he did against Spence for 11 rounds.

Spence bodies Thurman and beats up Porter for UD or late stoppage.

Acting like Brook is stopping or dropping top flight fighters. He never even hurt Golovkin and whether due to the drain or style he wasn't throwing with the same conviction vs spence, he did a lot of wrestling and pushing spence instead. He did still hurt spence, and as usual spence looks like a deer in the headlights when buzzed. Both thurman and crawford stand a chance to stop him. The difference is both guys can punch pulling back and on the move a lot better than brook. both hit as hard or harder than spence, they just dont have the pressure for you to get all excited with the tko's.
              Last edited by SplitSecond; 03-13-2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Acting like Brook is stopping or dropping top flight fighters. He never even hurt Golovkin and whether due to the drain or not he wasn't throwing with the same conviction vs spence, most of his punches are arm punches not even as strong as Pacquiao's. He still hurt spence though, and as usual spence looks like a deer in the headlights when buzzed. Both thurman and crawford stand a chance to stop him. both guys hit as hard or harder than spence, they just dont have the workrate for you to get all excited with the tko's.
                I don't think Crawford hits harder than Spence, but punch for punch, I do think Thurman has heavier hands...But only early in fights. After the 4th or 5th round he starts to get on his bike and boxes to a decision.

Brook may have buzzed Spence here and there, but he most definitely didn't hurt him as you are making it seem. There is a difference there. Spence was never rocked in that fight.

And when did I say Spence hurt GGG? I said, accurately, that Brook landed more harder/cleaner shots in five rounds against GGG than Spence. Are you dis*****g that?

Comment

I don't think Crawford hits harder than Spence, but punch for punch, I do think Thurman has heavier hands...But only early in fights. After the 4th or 5th round he starts to get on his bike and boxes to a decision.

Brook may have buzzed Spence here and there, but he most definitely didn't hurt him as you are making it seem. There is a difference there. Spence was never rocked in that fight.

And when did I say Spence hurt GGG? I said, accurately, that Brook landed more harder/cleaner shots in five rounds against GGG than Spence. Are you dis*****g that?
                  What is your definition of rocked, do you have to do the stanky leg? You only have to note a few things, suddenly lethargic and weak.
                  He hurts him pretty good in the last 30 seconds of rd8. If thurman or crawford get him weak like that he'll take a beating.

Comment

What is your definition of rocked, do you have to do the stanky leg? You only have to note a few things, suddenly lethargic and weak.
                    He hurts him pretty good in the last 30 seconds of rd8. If thurman or crawford get him weak like that he'll take a beating.
                    See, the round 8 is one of the examples. Don't think he hurt him pretty good at all there. Crowd went crazy but Spence was fine and still came back throwing. If anything, maybe it was round 2 where he was buzzed a bit? But aside from that he took Brook's shots well. Remember, Porter was more rocked in round 1 vs Brook than Spence was in his fight at any point.

We shall see my friend, hopefully we get those fights in the near future. Getting a good one on Saturday!

Comment

See, the round 8 is one of the examples. Don't think he hurt him pretty good at all there. Crowd went crazy but Spence was fine and still came back throwing. If anything, maybe it was round 2 where he was buzzed a bit? But aside from that he took Brook's shots well. Remember, Porter was more rocked in round 1 vs Brook than Spence was in his fight at any point.

We shall see my friend, hopefully we get those fights in the near future. Getting a good one on Saturday!
                      Dont think porter was even slightly hurt in the first rd. Spence is here holding on, leaning, looking lost, weak, does a little stanky leg At one point trying to feign mind condition and because he throws one punch in those 20 secs he wasnt that hurt. Porter throws two punches, doesnt lean or hold, just bobs and weaves and he was hurt more? Porter clearly still had his strength even if he was maybe rocked
                      Last edited by SplitSecond; 03-13-2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X